Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

But on the flip side Ainsworth, Barton, Robbins and Grayson are all doing very well. I think people would have expected Ipswich and Sunderland in the top 6.

Grayson is the Warnock of this league isn't he, if you want to go up hes the man to go for, glad hes got back on his feet after cocking up at Sunderland. I know the cowleys get a lot of praise and rightly so, but Robin's is a bit of a unsung hero, does a marvelous job at Coventry given the circumstances 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Fox92 said:

But on the flip side Ainsworth, Barton, Robbins and Grayson are all doing very well. I think people would have expected Ipswich and Sunderland in the top 6.

As @The Horse's Mouth has said, the gig Robins has done at Cov is fantastic really. Anyone taking that job is essentially agreeing to have a hand tied behind their back for the duration. If he gets them even sniffing at the play-offs he'll have done remarkably.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/09/2019 at 12:29, The Horse's Mouth said:

Grayson is the Warnock of this league isn't he, if you want to go up hes the man to go for, glad hes got back on his feet after cocking up at Sunderland. I know the cowleys get a lot of praise and rightly so, but Robin's is a bit of a unsung hero, does a marvelous job at Coventry given the circumstances 

I wouldn't say Grayson "cocked up" at Sunderland.

Basket case of a club at the time. Look at who failed before and after. And they're still in league One.

He maybe cocked up by going there though.

Fair play to Mark Robins at Cov. He's doing a superb job in crazy circumstances.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying Sunderland's shit shower of a league 1 stint. They adopted the forest and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday approach of being too good for this lot. Such an attitude usually leads to Years down there.

On the other hand, Ipswich are heading about things like we did, Southampton, Norwich with a bit more humility

On 06/10/2019 at 14:46, Paninistickers said:

I'm enjoying Sunderland's shit shower of a league 1 stint. They adopted the forest and Leeds and Sheffield Wednesday approach of being too good for this lot. Such an attitude usually leads to Years down there.

On the other hand, Ipswich are heading about things like we did, Southampton, Norwich with a bit more humility

Ipswich I'm pleased to see near the top. 0 defeats yet either, looks like they'll smash the league like we did.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, lestajigs said:

There shit, so are blackpool, sunday league stuff this 

I guess it's all about perspective. As a watcher(well just a listener this season) to non league football, this match today between Bolton and Blackpool looked like 2011 Barca vs 1970s Ajax!