Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

D-day for Bury.

The only reason the shit can have for not having sold the club on for a peppercorn fee is that he has a financial incentive not to. Thank Christ we’ve moved on from the dark days of shit owners, but this whole sorry episode highlights the rank amateurism still rampant in the FA. 

On 24/08/2019 at 17:10, spacemunky said:

I guess the good thing about the terrible attendance for Bolton today is that a lot less had to witness that.

Lowest ever at their new ground. Fans can't even buy season tickets there, which sounds stupid to say given their situation but I couldn't imagine being in the mess they are in. Poor bastards.

12 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Didn't Cov draw 0-0 with them? And they've been flying

Yeah, they got battered 5-0 twice in a row and 2 at Wycombe. Only point was against Cov.

40 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Sad news - what happens to the results in their previous games ?

They're results would be expunged so any team that gained points over Bolton would lose them.

8 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

I used to work with a Bolton fan, I remember them flying high in the Premiership whilst we were in League 1....Incredible the change of fortunes of both clubs.  I hope everything works out ok for them.

Doesn't seem long ago to me that team, which was a decent PL side.

Notts dodged the bullet and I hope the same for Bolton.

It's scary that a team as big as Bolton are genuinely at risk of going under and out of business. 

If this doesn't prove the fit and proper persons test is bullshit then idk what would. Its a travesty and a lot of this is the EFLs fault for allowing the purchase in the first place 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

'MK vs AFC: What the grudge match means'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11803373

Not sure how any MK Dons fan can make light of the fact their chairman relocated the club 50 miles from its origins and completely re-branded it. Its formation as a club is ridiculous, and how the FA let it happen is bonkers

With no PL or Championship games, that's one of the L1 matches on here this weekend.

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

'MK vs AFC: What the grudge match means'

http://www.skysports.com/share/11803373

Not sure how any MK Dons fan can make light of the fact their chairman relocated the club 50 miles from its origins and completely re-branded it. Its formation as a club is ridiculous, and how the FA let it happen is bonkers

It's pretty crap but weren't Wimbledon pretty much about ready for the bin anyway? I might have misremembered that 

5 hours ago, Langston said:

It's pretty crap but weren't Wimbledon pretty much about ready for the bin anyway? I might have misremembered that 

Well yeah, but if he had funds to buy Wimbledon, pay off the debts, and then build the infrastructure of a brand new club in Milton Keynes, surely he could have kept Wimbledon where it was and strengthen the club there at much lower cost. He wanted a league club in Milton Keynes, and wanted it thr quick way.