Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

3 hours ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Bit different, Puel had a premier league budget, state of the art facilities. What McCarthy did with Ipswich under the budget restrictions he was under is remarkable, they made playoffs twice while completely relying on signing journeymen footballers. It's fine disliking the style and I completely get wanting a change but the way he was treated left a bitter taste for me

Alright, fair point. To be fair Mick McCarthy probably was a little shafted there, but by the owner if anything, who didn't back him with any sort of money after he did really well crap players.

Don't think the fans can be blamed for getting frustrated at treading water in the league playing terrible hoof-ball year after year, hardly as if Ipswich are one of those teams like Rotherham, Barnsley, Burton etc that are just glad to be in that league. I know I hated the period in 2000s when we were shite to watch and slid closer to the trap-door every year.

In terms of managers in League 1/2, Gareth Ainsworth - the longest serving manager currently - must be very close to the top. Wycombe have their best ever chance of getting to the Championship which wold be a remarkable achievement.(5 years ago only a wimn on the last day saved them going backto Conference and 4500home fans is a good gate

22 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

Bolton won yesterday.

Am I the only one who thinks manager Keith Hill is one of the best in the business?

17 hours ago, Corky said:

No. The job he did with Rochdale was exceptional.

Yes, he's very good, Sam Allardyce of the lower leagues - it's never pretty but always effective.

With David Flitcroft as assistant manager too, they should become a very gritty and hard-to-beat side sooner rather than later-  and wouldn't bet against them stopping up.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SAFC1 said:

Parkinson OUT. absolute joke appointment. Still getting 29000 at home lol it’s madness. 7 season tickets in my family unused today. Better things to do on a Saturday. 

What's going on with your lot? Is it the players or manager? He seemed a decent enough appointment on the face of it

On 23/11/2019 at 19:58, Langston said:

What's going on with your lot? Is it the players or manager? He seemed a decent enough appointment on the face of it

He’s been a disaster. Players clearly aren’t playing for him but his hoofball tactics just don’t work. Will Grigg up top on his own, we aren’t playing to his strengths at all. More chance of relegation than promotion. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

He’s been a disaster. Players clearly aren’t playing for him but his hoofball tactics just don’t work. Will Grigg up top on his own, we aren’t playing to his strengths at all. More chance of relegation than promotion. 

I said at the time I thought he'd probably get you out the league but after than bin him off. Don't really rate him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...