Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

League 1 and 2 Thread, 2019/2020

On 14/09/2019 at 16:17, Corky said:

Bolton have conceded five for the fourth consecutive game.

Bolton very unlucky v Oxford last night - could have had 3 or 4 by half time (hitting both post and crossbar). (Elliott Moore, who has started in recent games, was injured.)

29 minutes ago, isaidno said:

Micheal Appleton new favourite for Lincoln job.

This will come as a relief for Wycombe, given the job Ainsworth -previously linked - has done over the past few seasons. Until this season, when Wycombe have new owners, they have relied on loan players - often forming the much of the side. 

6 hours ago, isaidno said:

Micheal Appleton new favourite for Lincoln job.

His Oxford finished eighth in League One before he joined LCFC.  Exactly where Lincoln are today.

So you could say -- literally -- that coming to us knocked his career sideways.  Bit of a shame.

I hope he gets the job and gets them back on winning ways.

• Like 1

My second team Ipswich going well in L1, good to see after year on year of horrible seasons, dire football and low investment.

Fans seem up for League 1 as well, took 3000 to MK Dons and improved attendances at Portman Road for first time in ages.

Reminds me of us when we dropped to that level after years in the doldrums lower end of Championship, maybe it will spur them on to greater things like it did us!

5 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

My second team Ipswich going well in L1, good to see after year on year of horrible seasons, dire football and low investment.

Fans seem up for League 1 as well, took 3000 to MK Dons and improved attendances at Portman Road for first time in ages.

Reminds me of us when we dropped to that level after years in the doldrums lower end of Championship, maybe it will spur them on to greater things like it did us!

Hopefully. It's good to see them near the top of L1 and hopefully they do get promoted this season.

I don't mind Ipswich.

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Hopefully. It's good to see them near the top of L1 and hopefully they do get promoted this season.

I don't mind Ipswich.

I’d be more than happy to see the top 2 as they stand go up. Ipswich a proud provincial club who provided lots of good players and managers, punched above their weight for years before being left behind by modern investment. And Coventry.... putting local rivalry and past clashes aside, they deserve a bit of success and wouldn’t begrudge them joining Derby and Forest in Championship.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

Chief Inspector Jack Ross and jackett for the boot it looks like 

But on the flip side Ainsworth, Barton, Robbins and Grayson are all doing very well. I think people would have expected Ipswich and Sunderland in the top 6.