Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Carabao League Cup 2019/20 Thread

4 minutes ago, kingfox said:

People bang on about Maddison and Grealish.

Foden is better than both of them.

Difficult to say as he is playing with better players every week. Put Grealish or Maddison in Man Citys side every week  they would look amazing. Their squad is incredible! 

Villa did well good support. Think they will push us on Monday night. 

Edited by Cake

Just now, Sir Shep said:

Well I guess I’m next on the list after Chilwell, Madders, Tilly, Brendan, Perez, the tea lady.........

The tea lady,make a Great brew, your Not just on the list,you are Top of it...

your tea bag  as split, you put the milk in first,and forgot the sugar..:P

But Top of the stirrers..:jump:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, kingfox said:

People bang on about Maddison and Grealish.

Foden is better than both of them.

It does help when you have players like Bernardo Silva, David Silva or KDB next to you as opposed to Perez or Elmohamady lol 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

It does help when you have players like Bernardo Silva, David Silva or KDB next to you as opposed to Perez or Elmohamady lol 

But two of those did start on the bench today.

He was the best player on the pitch today, his control especially was World Class.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Exactly. Grealish is an amazing talent. Whatever you think of him. 

I could play in Citys team for 10 mins before i was found out! 

47 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I'd be well under the 10 minutes. My belly would give me away.

Bald top and gray beard would give me away.  Or they might think Pep’s challenged cousin stole onto the pitch.

• Haha 1

Just watched the highlights,  I give up. Stephen  fkin Warnock commented, "that's a brilliant foul by Rodrigo (sp), brilliant", No it's not  you cheating Scouse twat, it's fookin cheating to stop Villa attacking. Football is full  of cheats nowadays, I hate it. Same as Gundogan claiming a corner prior to the City 2nd goal - the cheating **** knew it came off him and should be a goal kick, but they are programmed to cheat.

14 hours ago, steveherbe said:

Just watched the highlights,  I give up. Stephen  fkin Warnock commented, "that's a brilliant foul by Rodrigo (sp), brilliant", No it's not  you cheating Scouse twat, it's fookin cheating to stop Villa attacking. Football is full  of cheats nowadays, I hate it. Same as Gundogan claiming a corner prior to the City 2nd goal - the cheating **** knew it came off him and should be a goal kick, but they are programmed to cheat.

There are good fouls though. Choudhury on Salah at Anfield, despite Klopps bitching was a good foul. Sometimes players need to take one for the team or break up the rhythm of the attacking team. I know it's against the rules, that's why its punished with a free kick, but you'll wait a long time to watch a game with  no fouls.

I agree on the corner though, he knew it hit him last. Accepting the corner is bad but understandable, claiming it is out right cheating.

Edited by Facecloth

45 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

There are good fouls though. Choudhury on Salah at Anfield, despite Klopps bitching was a good foul. Sometimes players need to take one for the team or break up the rhythm of the attacking team. I know it's against the rules, that's why its punished with a free kick, but you'll wait a long time to watch a game with  no fouls.

I agree on the corner though, he knew it hit him last. Accepting the corner is bad but understandable, claiming it is out right cheating.

Can't agree mate,I know what you're saying though. I hate these "taking one for the team" fouls, even if we do it. It's cheating, pure and simple, and is another nail in the coffin of our once beautiful game. Fouls happen sure, mistimed tackles usually, but deliberately fouling to stop the other team doesn't sit well with me. Probably because I'm an old tw*t!. I did similar things years ago in local football and was happy to get away with it, but to hear pundits condoning it in the PL just seems wrong to me.

I now play walking football, and was awarded a free kick in a tournament. You should have seen the look on the refs face when I said to him, no mate he never touched me, I fell over my own feet! Then again, I'm too honest for my own good.

17 minutes ago, steveherbe said:

Can't agree mate,I know what you're saying though. I hate these "taking one for the team" fouls, even if we do it. It's cheating, pure and simple, and is another nail in the coffin of our once beautiful game. Fouls happen sure, mistimed tackles usually, but deliberately fouling to stop the other team doesn't sit well with me. Probably because I'm an old tw*t!. I did similar things years ago in local football and was happy to get away with it, but to hear pundits condoning it in the PL just seems wrong to me.

I now play walking football, and was awarded a free kick in a tournament. You should have seen the look on the refs face when I said to him, no mate he never touched me, I fell over my own feet! Then again, I'm too honest for my own good.

Ahh yes, the good old days when players never used to foul each other.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Smith fcuked it trying to Grealish in central midfield. The comparison between Grealish and Maddison have been a waste of time all season. Last season they played similar roles as no.10s. This season as saw Grealish move onto the left wing as he couldn't influence games in the centre of midfield. Maddison had to be more rounded being a 8 rather than a 10. 

Grealish/Targett absolutely ripped us a new one in the semi-finals and did similar to Spurs recently. Instead Smith chose to put Grealish back in the centre where he was very ineffective in the early parts of the season. You'd rather than Grealish taking advantage of Walker than trying to get something out of Rodri and Gundogan. 

• Like 1

"We came in here at half-time to try and get an explanation but he didn't want to give one.

"It's obviously gutting, because a club like Aston Villa haven't won anything for quite a long time now.

"We come here today for a final and we lose by a goal that should never have stood."

Jack Grealish lollollollol