Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.

2019/20 Under 23's, U19's, Development ... thread

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Eppiah also called up to train with the first team this week, glad he's involved.

Lightning quick. Would be great to bring him on late on in games against tiring  defense that have never heard of him or seen him play before. 

6 hours ago, Collymore said:

Lightning quick. Would be great to bring him on late on in games against tiring  defense that have never heard of him or seen him play before. 

No chance . Simply not good enough. Behind Hurst, Muskwe, loft and Shade in back up strikers. 

3 hours ago, themightyfin said:

No chance . Simply not good enough. Behind Hurst, Muskwe, loft and Shade in back up strikers. 

The only thing in front of Loft Is Attic, well alphabetically.

10 hours ago, Collymore said:

He is quick but I just don't see him being anywhere near prem level. He is incredibly inconsistent, the end product just isn't there often enough. If we're well ahead in a match or when we have secured European competition for next season I'll happily see him in the team though.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I find that incredible, whenever he has played for the U23's he's delivered with goals and assists. Hope he gets a loan move as not many of our attackers have done very well when they have and it would be a barometer to whether we should keep him or not. I thought if he hadn't had such injury problems that he'd be first team material by now, I was that impressed with him.

Agree with you 100%!  Quick, strong, holds the ball up well and brings in others players well.  Just lacks the killer instinct in front of goal occassionally but when hes fit and playing well, id definitely put him ahead of Muskwe, Hurst and Shade as i think he has a better all round game than them all....although i think Shade has great potential if managed well.

Wont even comment on the comparison with Loft as i just assumed that was a joke.....or that the poster had never actually seen Loft play...?!?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, themightyfin said:

If hes behind Loft then i suggest he starts looking at alternative careers pretty quickly as i think even i might have a chance of being picked above Loft...! :D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, FoxInTheBoxes said:

Is Luke Thomas the only LB in the U23s now that Bassey has left? Any U18s we could promote that plays LB?

I would expect a new crop of U18s to be promoted to the U23s, but yes Bassey and Thomas were the left backs in the squad, though Mitch Clarke can play either full back position but he was on loan at Port Vale

• Like 1

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/brendan-rodgers-reveals-plan-highly-4260712

“At the moment he’s a talent and we’ll look to develop that talent, keep him in and around us this season, and then we’ll see where his development takes him, whether that’s on loan or whether that will be here staying with the team. We shall see.”

So potential for him to be loaned out next season, probably the best option for him to get consistent game time and experience. 

21 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Gyamfi is leaving according to the Mercury. No real surprise there. 

A fair few of them starting to take the brave move away which hopefully might make our club consider whats causing them to do so....

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A fair few of them starting to take the brave move away which hopefully might make our club consider whats causing them to do so....

Don’t blame the lad. He will easily be pushing to start straightaway in the Championship if it’s true that’s the level he’s headed. The club seemed to be shocked by his decision to leave, they clearly assumed letting him train with the senior team on the return to training would be enough for him to sign. Hopefully this forces change before we lose another highly rated player (looking at someone like Terrell Pennant when saying that).

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

..We are probably about to up our quality of intake!!!

With a new training facilities about to be opened, why would you choose to move on unless you are aware that your tenure is on shaky grounds.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..We are probably about to up our quality of intake!!!

With a new training facilities about to be opened, why would you choose to move on unless you are aware that your tenure is on shaky grounds.

No, players will leave because they know we have a shit history of promoting the player. Usually they stagnate in the u23s and get 0 real opportunities. 

• Like 2