Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

Guest SO1

With the rumours of Olivier Ntcham leaving Celtic its going to be very hard for Callum McGregor to leave. This might be a plan B.

McGregor was intended to be back up for Maddison and I can see Praet as the same type of player.

I heard 17 or 18mil being bounced around from somewhere on McGregor. Curious as to the estimates on Praet.

Praet might be used to force Celtics hand as well.

Just now, jeffschlupp said:

Everyone is forgetting we have absolutely no cover for Tielemans and Maddison. One creative and attacking no.8 is a must.

Barnes, Gray, and Perez? Ghezzal, King, and Silva too if we hold onto them.

Hamza is cover for Tielemans, I'd imagine. With Mendy and Amartey as cover for Ndidi.

• Like 2

Guest SO1
8 minutes ago, jeffschlupp said:

Everyone is forgetting we have absolutely no cover for Tielemans and Maddison. One creative and attacking no.8 is a must.

Watching YT videos Praet looks like great cover for the creative. On the attacking I'm not so sure. Smells like we're on to something here.

Edited by SO1

7 minutes ago, FireFox said:

Barnes, Gray, and Perez? Ghezzal, King, and Silva too if we hold onto them.

Hamza is cover for Tielemans, I'd imagine. With Mendy and Amartey as cover for Ndidi.

Barnes and Gray are wingers. Perez is surely a utility forward. We have to remember we switched from a 4-2-3-1 with a proper number 10 to what was a pretty standard 4-3-3 with one holding player (like you say, Ndidi or Mendy) and two creative no.8s. Maddison and Tielemans just about have the defensive application to make it work between them, but I'm not sure Perez does.

Percy reckons Silva has been told he's not wanted, and Kingy is surely not good enough these days. I just think we are a bit light on depth if we want to give the cups a proper go this time.

• Like 2

Perez can certainly fill Maddion's role if needed.  Tielemans' not so much.

I don't disagree that cover at creative MF is important (I'd hoped it would be Silva TBH) but I think a wide player with goals in him is a greater need as the squad currently stands.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Perez can certainly fill Maddion's role if needed.  Tielemans' not so much.

I don't disagree that cover at creative MF is important (I'd hoped it would be Silva TBH) but I think a wide player with goals in him is a greater need as the squad currently stands.

"greater need" interesting that most here look at our next transfer as its going to be the last. What if its two or three? Nervous Breakdown?

5 hours ago, jeffschlupp said:

Barnes and Gray are wingers. Perez is surely a utility forward. We have to remember we switched from a 4-2-3-1 with a proper number 10 to what was a pretty standard 4-3-3 with one holding player (like you say, Ndidi or Mendy) and two creative no.8s. Maddison and Tielemans just about have the defensive application to make it work between them, but I'm not sure Perez does.

Percy reckons Silva has been told he's not wanted, and Kingy is surely not good enough these days. I just think we are a bit light on depth if we want to give the cups a proper go this time.

Puel tried playing some of the fringe players in the FAC and we got beaten by Newport.  IF the intention is to have a real go at a Cup, tinkering needs to be kept to a minimum unless you are Man City.