Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Dennis Praet

12 minutes ago, Goober said:

Why do we need a replacement for our 5th choice midfielder 

Just curious - who are the 4 ahead of Silva in your opinion?

15 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

He looks really skillful and can tackle, dribble and pass but doesn't score any goals. 

He'd probably replace ndidi in thy starting line up.

Not only does this not make sense positionally but why would you take Ndidi out in the first place? 

1 minute ago, Goober said:

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Choudhury. Arguably even Mendy

See I wouldn't lump all the midfielders together (Might be just me mind!), as Wilf is more a CDM/Destroyer type, Maddision more an AM/Creative, leaving only really Tielemans, Choudury then perhaps Mendy.

(Then Silva)

So 3 for the center mid for about 2 slot, need an extra body in Silva goes. :dunno:

5 minutes ago, Goober said:

Tielemans, Ndidi, Maddison, Choudhury. Arguably even Mendy

BUT if we're playing with one DM and two 8's or an 8 and a 10 ahead of a DM then we only have Tielemans and Maddison for two spots, theres no other option. Two of Ndidi, mendy and choudhury will very rarely all start at once let alone all 3 so if you presume King, james, kaputska and silva are all leaving then we are thin in the CM/AM department.

Maybe Barnes could be converted from a AML to AMC?

Maybe Albrighton will become a box to box 8?

This is why I can see us getting Mcgregor or Praet. We're thinner than people think in this area.

Edited by Muzzy_no7
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

See I wouldn't lump all the midfielders together (Might be just me mind!), as Wilf is more a CDM/Destroyer type, Maddision more an AM/Creative, leaving only really Tielemans, Choudury then perhaps Mendy.

(Then Silva)

So 3 for the center mid for about 2 slot, need an extra body in Silva goes. :dunno:

Completely agree with you 

I'd put Wilf, Hamza and Mendy in the CDM or possession winning players 

YT, Hamza and Silva as potential 8's/box to box 

Maddison as that Number 10, YT maybe and potentially with Perez(?)

Basically if we can move Silva on we should try to get a 10-15m attacking mid for that option should we be stuck or with an injury 

• Like 1

Our fan base is funny, we are complaining about having too many options yet if either Maddison or YT get injured we will be fuming that we didnt have cover. 

Ive said this before already but Hamza, mendy and Ndidi are not creative players, they can play in the same spot but be completely different positions. Or are we content with playing Matty James? Because he's the only other option for that position  

If we can get rid of 4/5 of the squad players then I don't see the harm in bringing added quality, we've done reasonabally well at getting decent fees for outgoings just recently (Musa and Iborra) and you'd imagine Praet would come with less wages than Slimani and Silva (I understand the pair are on a wedge, particularly the former).

In an ideal world we'd see the back of a good 5/6 players and bring in one or two and then I think we're done. 

5 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

If we can get rid of 4/5 of the squad players then I don't see the harm in bringing added quality, we've done reasonabally well at getting decent fees for outgoings just recently (Musa and Iborra) and you'd imagine Praet would come with less wages than Slimani and Silva (I understand the pair are on a wedge, particularly the former).

In an ideal world we'd see the back of a good 5/6 players and bring in one or two and then I think we're done. 

Too busy Praetting around in defensive midfield! 

11 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Who is this prat?

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Too busy Praetting around in defensive midfield! 

Just like a bus, you wait for one and ....

1 hour ago, jeffschlupp said:

So if Youri is suddenly out for 3 months, you're going to put our current best wide player in central midfield, a position much deeper than the role he played at WBA with significantly more defensive responsibility?

I've got no problem with Hamza but every team wanting to fight on 3 fronts needs two players per position, and he isn't a viable alternative to James Maddison in terms of creativity. To only have 5 proper midfielders for 3 positions will cause us problems later in the season.

It really depends how we play Barnes. Protected from defensive responsibility from one of Ndidi and Hamza and putting in the effort himself he could excel. I agree we need good viable alternatives but at the moment we've got two great attacking midfielders but we don't have two great wingers - just one very promising winger and a solid mid table winger.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Although I don`t disagree with the idea (Why Mendy? Not Silva, or James or King?) , the statement highlighted is quite harsh. Mendy seems a calm dependable sort of player, someone you need when trying to calm the game /see it out

I presumed we would be getting rid of those 3 already. Mendy has one year left on his contract  and isn’t pushing to break into the starting 11. Sell him whilst he has some value and replace with Praet who will be pushing to start.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

BUT if we're playing with one DM and two 8's or an 8 and a 10 ahead of a DM then we only have Tielemans and Maddison for two spots, theres no other option. Two of Ndidi, mendy and choudhury will very rarely all start at once let alone all 3 so if you presume King, james, kaputska and silva are all leaving then we are thin in the CM/AM department.

Maybe Barnes could be converted from a AML to AMC?

Maybe Albrighton will become a box to box 8?

This is why I can see us getting Mcgregor or Praet. We're thinner than people think in this area.

I just mildly suspect that Rodgers, with the little bit of experience he has, might just be able to fathom this one out with a slight adjustment to formation with the playing staff available to him comensurate with the threat of the opposition at the time. Apparently he's quite good at it and has experienced such problems before without needing a man for every moment squad of 58.