Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
koop.

League One

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

I was really proud of our record of being one of only 8 clubs never to have played in the third tier.  However, it seems as though we had to fall that far in order to start climbing again and we all know what happened after that!

What happened? :whistle:

Edited by lavrentis

51 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

My 2nd favourite ever season, the favourite being when we steamrollered the Championship. Both seasons under Pearson, the man was a genius here.

Winning the PL was obviously magical but too stressful to be truly enjoyable until it was confirmed.

Very true.  I could only truly enjoy it the moment that full time whistle blew at White Hart Lane.  Every match was a 'must win' and there were some truly stressful ones like Norwich (thanks Leo!) and West Ham (thanks again Leo).  I knew we would never have another chance.

I make up for it in retrospect by wallowing in it like a pig in sh...  mud.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

I was telling my mrs about this campaign a few weeks back, how as someone else has stated i could walk down on match day and get a ticket with ease, fond memories of this season, every week i was confident we were gonna win and big nige built a very good squad for league 1, remember going through so many keepers that season though, the memory that sticks out for me is big Steve Howard crashing in that header (might have been his shoulder) against leeds in the last minute, absolute bedlam in the stadium

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, murphy said:

Very true.  I could only truly enjoy it the moment that full time whistle blew at White Hart Lane.  Every match was a 'must win' and there were some truly stressful ones like Norwich (thanks Leo!) and West Ham (thanks again Leo).  I knew we would never have another chance.

I make up for it in retrospect by wallowing in it like a pig in sh...  mud.

It was stamford bridge but i share your nostalgia 

• Thanks 1

I loved the season. It had been such a awful time and Pearson just turned us around, on and off the pitch. Seeing us batter teams was amazing. I remember being at Cheltenham and thinking ... I've just seen us win 4-0 away from home ...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, H.a.r.r.y said:

Andy King doesn't get enough appreciation, what a legend 

The man is looking so fit and happy in the training shots.

AKtrng.JPG.eefe11f3bb8af70c3ec110f130a09872.JPG      Kingtrng.JPG.2d4ce7b0b707aa932d4082b2ee4369c3.JPG

Too happy I guess, needs to be finding another club.  But I love what these show in the way of continuity and club spirit.

Seeing these, I have to accept all over again that we'll not likely see him in a meaningful game.

On 10/07/2019 at 22:08, Nickfosse said:

I agree, Walsall away in the snow and Cheltenham away in the sunshine are highlights of the season I’ll treasure along with all our other amazing successes. 

Went to both.. Bloody freezing at Walsall and took the place over and snowball fight amonst ourselves at the final whistle between the side and behind the goal. 

Cheltenham,,, can still remember goin  toilet while the game was on and had to walk past the lino. Also a copper behind the goal applauding Fryatts goals. 

Also recall Hereford away going a goal down and then murdering them. Even had a Cheltenham fan in with us slagging off Hereford. It to be said about league one away days. Glad it was just the one season though 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I remember taking some mates to a game, after persuading them it was fun to watch now after the dross of the last few seasons.

I chose Northampton Town at home. Must have been a contender for worst performance of the season - a drab 0-0.

Southend away that year was good confirming the title. It was all great (except Northampton).

7 minutes ago, bmouth_fox said:

I remember taking some mates to a game, after persuading them it was fun to watch now after the dross of the last few seasons.

I chose Northampton Town at home. Must have been a contender for worst performance of the season - a drab 0-0.

Southend away that year was good confirming the title. It was all great (except Northampton).

I took a mid-week afternoon off work to go to Prenton Park to watch us be destroyed 2-0 by Tranmere and Bas Savage in particular, followed two weeks later by being outplayed by Peterborough in another 0-2 defeat.

Loved the season as a whole though.

From 100% attendance in League to 0% attendance in the title winning season, a lot has changed personally for me. 

What I will say is, as fun as League One was, it you are one of those weirdos who says ‘I miss those days’ then I’m just going to ignore everything you ever say.

Guest Cujek
On 10/07/2019 at 22:08, Nickfosse said:

I agree, Walsall away in the snow and Cheltenham away in the sunshine are highlights of the season I’ll treasure along with all our other amazing successes. 

Cheltenham away was so good, one of the Stand out days of supporting lcfc

12 hours ago, Cujek said:

Cheltenham away was so good, one of the Stand out days of supporting lcfc

The club produced a book after the league one season and in one of the pictures Sir Lloyd Dyer is pictured from behind, shirt off in front of celebrating Leicester fans after scoring at Cheltenham.  Clear as day in the picture are me and my mate going mental. Love that picture.

• Like 1