Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

2 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Don't worry, that section of the American media that comprises the *most viewed news source there* will of course give Trump full credit. :thumbup:

You mean the only one section of the media that isn't ABC, CBS, CNN and (MS)NBC?

I'm more curious to find out how the coverage on those four stations will turn out, whether there will be praise or any coverage at all.

47 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

You mean the only one section of the media that isn't ABC, CBS, CNN and (MS)NBC?

I'm more curious to find out how the coverage on those four stations will turn out, whether there will be praise or any coverage at all.

Yes, that's right - you know, the one that's bigger and more popular than all of them.

Honestly, the liberal-media-have-the-overwhelming-market-influence line is simply a conspiracy theory pushed by populists who want to play the victim by suggesting their line of thought is less popular than it is in order to gain more support and power.

To be fair, it's bloody effective, though.

9 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yes, that's right - you know, the one that's bigger and more popular than all of them.

Honestly, the liberal-media-have-the-overwhelming-market-influence line is simply a conspiracy theory pushed by populists who want to play the victim by suggesting their line of thought is less popular than it is in order to gain more support and power.

It's only become bigger and popular in recent years, and it's still four "liberal" channels against one more conservative outlet.

Even if you give Fox News that much credit, it doesn't explain eight years of Obama or eight years of Bill Clinton.

The rise of Fox News is in large parts down to the other four channels' inability to commit to reporting factual news, people have become fed up and are switching off in droves. It's become way too opinionated and partisan, and with the loss of viewers, these channels, CNN and MSNBC in particular, can only think of reverting to doubling down on the hackery.

Edited by MC Prussian

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

When I first went to the US in 2007 I laughed at Fox News and how ridiculous the political bias was.

Last year when I went I thought it was still biased, but probably now the most impartial of the main news channels who have lost all sense of proper reporting as they instead seek to take down the president.

49 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

It's only become bigger and popular in recent years, and it's still four "liberal" channels against one more conservative outlet.

Even if you give Fox News that much credit, it doesn't explain eight years of Obama or eight years of Bill Clinton.

The rise of Fox News is in large parts down to the other four channels' inability to commit to reporting factual news, people have become fed up and are switching off in droves. It's become way too opinionated and partisan, and with the loss of viewers, these channels, CNN and MSNBC in particular can only think of reverting to doubling down on the hackery.

....and what explains eight years of Dubya and four years (thus far) of Trump?

Could it be that the four liberal media outlets are in fact well-countered by Fox and by other Internet based media outlets in terms of overall political influence?

I definitely agree there has been a rise in partisanship but that's a thing on both sides and a sign of the times, sadly.

32 minutes ago, MattP said:

When I first went to the US in 2007 I laughed at Fox News and how ridiculous the political bias was.

Last year when I went I thought it was still biased, but probably now the most impartial of the main news channels who have lost all sense of proper reporting as they instead seek to take down the president.

It was a mistake on the part of the other media outlets to wander into the swamp and sling mud with the biggest and baddest swamp thing there, yeah - seeing as Fox News are much more effective at it.

Well intentioned and driven by frustration, probably, but a mistake all the same.

A man has seemingly got stuck, and has been hanging upside down at the top of a near-300ft chimney in Cumbria since last night. Must've climbed up in the middle of the night, and is now unresponsive. Hope he's just unconscious.

Edited by RoboFox

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50223635

...and the latest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-50223637

"As we have stated before, the State's objective is to advance our case to the US Supreme Court where we intend to submit evidence that supports our argument that Roe and Casey were wrongly decided and that the Constitution does not prohibit states from protecting unborn children from abortion."

Alabama - paragon of womens rights, huh?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-50229787

While any backhand of Erdogan is much appreciated, might have been better to not let the Kurds swing in the first place.

Just now, MattP said:

Invite a million migrants in with no democratic mandate to do so.

Then they wonder why people turn to the far-right? Mental.

Think we've had this discussion when this has been talked about before.

The grievances might be valid, but I reckon the number of valid excuses to actually let the neo-fascists off the chain with all that entails in terms of consequences is still rather small.

• Like 1

Just now, leicsmac said:

Think we've had this discussion when this has been talked about before.

The grievances might be valid, but I reckon the number of valid excuses to actually let the neo-fascists off the chain with all that entails in terms of consequences is still rather small.

It's a terrible pickle, the far-right are obviously no solution to anything, but neither are the politicians who want huge immigration into countries to change areas of it beyond recognistion despite it not being wanted by the population.

No idea how we sort it out.