Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Does she know what "counter terrorism" is? I knew she was a nasty piece of work, didn't realise she was such a ****ing idiot too. Some people back her to be the next PM lol

just means Shes collecting slowly the right credentials.....6-10yrs,  nasty,idiot,buffoon,discrimination...a few more badges & she will be up there...!! ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Does she know what "counter terrorism" is? I knew she was a nasty piece of work, didn't realise she was such a ****ing idiot too. Some people back her to be the next PM lol

When she first said it I thought it was just a slip of the tongue but then she kept repeating... :crylaugh:

On 09/02/2020 at 15:14, Facecloth said:

Sweet screaming jesus, and these mouths on sticks are the people who run our country!!!

As for next pm this pathetic, clueless rent a quote, cloth brained dullard is entirely qualified to follow Johnson into the top job, it's not about substance or sincerity or even - god forbid - ability, it's all about appearance and spin.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Marx (groucho) "she has her principles, and if you don't like them.... She has  others"

I gave up on filthy hypocritical brainless politicians and utterly pointless politics some years ago - after Blair and I've seen nothing to make me change my mind.

Greedy, power hungry megalomaniacs all of them and this woman personifies the worthlessness of so called democracy and the con of the vote.

They will do what they want no matter what the people say and then convince the idiot population its what they voted for.

If voting changed anything, they'd abolish it.

Edited by Realjimbo
  • Like 2

Watching these Irish election results really does bring me back in favour of FPTP.

Varadker just been elected on the fifth count.

15 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The establishment have got a bit of a shock with the Sinn Fein votes.

Just a bit. I can't believe a party with that sort of history is now potentially going to enter government. 

Only alternative seems to be a grand coalition and that's not going go help long term.

35 minutes ago, MattP said:

Just a bit. I can't believe a party with that sort of history is now potentially going to enter government. 

Only alternative seems to be a grand coalition and that's not going go help long term.

People are so sick of the 2 major parties and the amount of sleaze that surrounds them that Sinn Fein is more of a vote against the establishment.

I can understand people from the outside wondering why but Sinn Fein has not done any damage to the south. We have plenty of experience of Fianna Fail's damage in modern times. Fine Gael haven't been all that bad since they came to power but Varadkar is too full of himself and has been a disaster as leader.

Sinn Fein seem to attract a lot smarter candidates now which has helped. The stigma of the old days has faded. Its proabaly helped that the past keeps on coming up if anything. The media have never hidden their hatred for them. People have cottoned on to the media bias against them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are like Fianna Fail/Gael but I'm of the opinion right now that anything is better than Fianna Fail. The reliance on the parties governing since the foundation of the Republic is waning.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

https://mobile.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-10/sydney-weather-prompts-bom-and-ses-warnings/11948158

Unbelievable that many areas that were on fire last week are now under water. The good news is, hopefully by the end of the week all fires in NSW will be completely out. 
There are still fires burning in all states and evacuation orders in place for both fire and floods across the country.

These rains though have helped but out fires and break droughts up and down the east coast.

Without the floods they were unsure of how they could get these large fires out, along comes Mother Nature with a helping hand.

It is now hoped that very soon with fires out, we can get in and assess the damage and start to plan for recovery. Though now with the added flood damage! 
The old saying goes ‘It never rains...

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

A British Airways passenger jet made it across the Atlantic 80 mins ahead of schedule this morning.Hitting 825 MPH thanks to the wind.

The perfect story for 'Heathrow' Fox to post :D

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

People are so sick of the 2 major parties and the amount of sleaze that surrounds them that Sinn Fein is more of a vote against the establishment.

I can understand people from the outside wondering why but Sinn Fein has not done any damage to the south. We have plenty of experience of Fianna Fail's damage in modern times. Fine Gael haven't been all that bad since they came to power but Varadkar is too full of himself and has been a disaster as leader.

Sinn Fein seem to attract a lot smarter candidates now which has helped. The stigma of the old days has faded. Its proabaly helped that the past keeps on coming up if anything. The media have never hidden their hatred for them. People have cottoned on to the media bias against them.

I wouldn't be surprised if they are like Fianna Fail/Gael but I'm of the opinion right now that anything is better than Fianna Fail. The reliance on the parties governing since the foundation of the Republic is waning.

It does seem to be different although watching videos of some candidates makes a tad uncomfortable viewing lol

Times are certainly changing though. I'm looking forward to coalition talks.

The SF vote didn't seem to come from the sort of areas I imagined it would either.

4 hours ago, MattP said:

It does seem to be different although watching videos of some candidates makes a tad uncomfortable viewing lol

Times are certainly changing though. I'm looking forward to coalition talks.

The SF vote didn't seem to come from the sort of areas I imagined it would either.

The black and tans thing looks a bit tongue in cheek. Brought back to Alan Partridge last year as much as anything. Would be taken about as seriously as the bald Brummies with that manifesto. 

I'm from county Limerick which is sort of a culchie (rural) heartland. The establishment parties rule the roost. It's a no-go zone for Sinn Fein. In fairness the Fine Gael politician in my town isn't the worst. Not exactly a great statesman but far more agreeable than some of the Fianna Fail members who had power and were a joke.

I live in Cork City which is an urban area but the most well known politicians in the area are so useless its almost unbelievable. The Sinn Fein candidate did well as he was the most impressive (but also the least worst which rings true for most of the country). The rest just came across as smarmy and a bit too know it all. And this is the 2nd biggest city in the Republic.

Fianna Fail got trounced in Dublin. Remarkable.

The decline of the traditional parties has come about by and large to an aging population who vote for them as they know nothing else and do it almost out of spite. The younger voters are steering well clear of them and have turned to Sinn Fein and the like as a viable alternative. The people under 30 suffered the most the last decade so I dare say have taken a bit of action. 

I'm not sure at all how Sinn Fein will work out but even if its not a success I'm glad that the country didn't rush straight back into the arms of the old guard. That might augur well for us down the line.

• Like 2

To give context to the singing of the song, it was written around 60 years ago as a tribute to songwriter Dominic Behans father who fought for Irish independence, the reference to the brutal and hated "Black and tans" - a reservist force called up by the Royal Irish Constabulary - is a cypher for all Irish people who supported the British during this terrible period.

Great lyrics BTW.

Whilst in England at the time the press whipped up anti independence hysteria with the full support of the Lloyd George coalition govt, who now would say it was an unjustified cause?

I have always thought that  sinn fein in the Republic and sinn fein in the North are different animals, I may be wrong in this assumption, I'd be interested to hear the thoughts of some of our resident posters on this, but they do not appear to be defined by the past troubles North or South.

As Blue ROI says the young don't want to vote for the two parties who've failed them and have no memories of the troubles so sinn fein to them are just another option.

20 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Sweet screaming jesus, and these mouths on sticks are the people who run our country!!!

As for next pm this pathetic, clueless rent a quote, cloth brained dullard is entirely qualified to follow Johnson into the top job, it's not about substance or sincerity or even - god forbid - ability, it's all about appearance and spin.

To paraphrase the great philosopher Marx (groucho) "she has her principles, and if you don't like them.... She has  others"

I gave up on filthy hypocritical brainless politicians and utterly pointless politics some years ago - after Blair and I've seen nothing to make me change my mind.

Greedy, power hungry megalomaniacs all of them and this woman personifies the worthlessness of so called democracy and the con of the vote.

They will do what they want no matter what the people say and then convince the idiot population its what they voted for.

If voting changed anything, they'd abolish it.

You will be my first convert....I'll return to blighty and become the best despot dictator, for the UK ever....

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

You will be my first convert....I'll return to blighty and become the best despot dictator, for the UK ever....

Hey gap in the market for despots -r -us prapps?

BTW:would you bring Battlecat too?

BTW 2: What does NTF stand for? It Could be Now that's funny or Narcotics task force but I'm guessing Nine tailed fox - 九尾狐 from Chinese mythology....

I'm right aren't I? 😊

Edited by Realjimbo

13 minutes ago, Realjimbo said:

Hey gap in the market for despots -r -us prapps?

BTW:would you bring Battlecat too?

BTW 2: What does NTF stand for? It Could be Now that's funny, Narcotics task forcebut I'm guessing Nine tailed fox - 九尾狐 from Chinese mythology....

I'm right aren't I? 😊

Its the Initials of my ...name.  ( which still stays ananymous).   Also because when I Moved into IT- mainframe network, in Field Work vor IBM..

One of the Checklist sign-offs...was/is.  No  Trouble  Found...

When I settled in Germany,years ago I asked my boss if I could be known as Oliver...After a thoughtfull  Pause he asked ' Why'

I replied ' the customers,I get to see 'O',  for  Only would be more appropiate'...:jump:

The chinese Version I enjoyed,because it Sits while,others have asked the same,d ue to my travels..

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Its the Initials of my ...name.  ( which still stays ananymous).   Also because when I Moved into IT- mainframe network, in Field Work vor IBM..

One of the Checklist sign-offs...was/is.  No  Trouble  Found...

When I settled in Germany,years ago I asked my boss if I could be known as Oliver...After a thoughtfull  Pause he asked ' Why'

I replied ' the customers,I get to see 'O',  for  Only would be more appropiate'...:jump:

Germany has never had a despot has it?

Still hoping to see Battlecat mind.

Edited by Realjimbo