Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

19 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is true but, why do gay people feel the need to anounce their sexuality to everyone, which kind of goes against the so what be who you want to be mantra.

I was going to say exactly this.

It's just a big "look at me" moment.

No one cares if you're a batty.

2 minutes ago, simFox said:

I was going to say exactly this.

It's just a big "look at me" moment.

No one cares if you're a batty.

I imagine it’s a big moment for them, especially if you’ve been hiding it for a long time. It’s not so much of a big deal in this day and age but 20 years ago it  was. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

This is true but, why do gay people feel the need to anounce their sexuality to everyone, which kind of goes against the so what be who you want to be mantra.

Agree, without being accused of being homophobic, you’re right. 

I imagine it’s more about taking the moment away from a gutter rag. If he comes out (or anyone for that matter). The scummy journos don’t get their big front page headline.

Also feel he still needs to say something, as he has been married for 30odd years, just to suddenly be seen out and about with Brian from accounts, will lead to others saying why did you hide it? 
For the record I would expect the same if someone like Alan Carr suddenly started dating Sharon from HR. It will raise questions, and it’s better to announce the answers yourself rather than press making stories up.

• Like 1

Is he really gay though? Wouldn't he be bisexual, I assume he was in a loving relationship with his wife. 

Would his wife be so supportive if he brought home a bit of skirt? Why is it suddenly ok when you bring home a bit of shirt.

1 hour ago, Kopfkino said:

I think the 'why is this news' crowd forget its really wasn't very long ago when this was still majorly taboo and homosexuality wasn't accepted. Literally everyone on this forum follows a sport where there are inevitably a number of gay players that feel unable to be open about that

I imagine there will be people out there who are married to a woman but are confused about their sexuality whom this might help in some way.

This. It would be nice if it wasn't a big deal and maybe in 20 years it really won't be, but casual and even violent bigotry towards LGBT folks is still a thing even in the UK.

That being said, I'm with Sim above in thinking the guy might perhaps be bi rather than gay, which is alright too.

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

Really hope it doesn't go the same way as Michael Barrymore with a dead body in his pool or somewhere else! :ph34r:

IMG-20200207-WA0010.jpg

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Does she know what "counter terrorism" is? I knew she was a nasty piece of work, didn't realise she was such a ****ing idiot too. Some people back her to be the next PM lol

Everyone knows you've got your counter terrorism which is all properly regulated and subject to VAT, then you have your dodgy under-the-counter terrorism which will save you money but there's no telling what they're putting in it.

• Haha 2