Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grebfromgrebland

Also In The News

59 minutes ago, MattP said:

He got a first in politics, philosophy and economics at Cambridge and followed it up with a masters from Stanford.

If he fails it won't be due to not being particularly bright.

Its just code for 'I don't agree with Rishi Sunak but the extent of the analysis I'm capable of is that he's not bright'. 

It doesn't dictate whether he will be a good Chancellor or not but bright is something you definitely are if you're working at GS, in hedge funds and getting an MBA from Stanford. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51497103

Good grief, there's actually been a bill sent through the Senate and not held up by Moscow Mitch? Of course, Toupee45 can and will just veto it due to his hard-on for being in control, but hey.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51498490

A mite of dissent in the ranks?

Unfortunately not! Not until his actions match his words 😕

14 hours ago, Realjimbo said:

Completely disagree, Cummins isn't behind this, he's front and centre of this.

This unelected megalomaniac is effectively running the country via his idiot puppet Johnson--what does this say about our "democracy"!

And now we have a Chancellor with virtually zero experience who will no doubt be "advised" by guess who...

I've never seen such a dire bunch of nobodies as this present crop (on every side) right at the time our country faces challenges beyond anything since the 1940's.

Cameron made the most basic error when he called his catastrophic referendum - never ask a question you don't beyond doubt know the answer to.

Those who live in Churchills fictional golden age are I fear in for a very rude awakening especially with Prime minister Cummins at the helm.

Polish_20200213_165054799.jpg

Make your mind up - it wasn’t too long ago that the left were decrying Boris as a despotic, Trumpesque dictator...now he’s merely a puppet 🙄

3 minutes ago, Milo said:

Make your mind up - it wasn’t too long ago that the left were decrying Boris as a despotic, Trumpesque dictator...now he’s merely a puppet 🙄

Hilarious isn't it?

In the media it's the often the same people as well who didn't care when it was Campbell and Mandleson pulling the strings of Blair, forcing the media to play ball and ruling over the civil service and cabinet with an iron fist.

Yes this might be brutal, but if a government is going to actually get some serious reform and take the country in direction it wants it does need some cabinet unity. 

21 minutes ago, Milo said:

...was there really people on the "left" really saying that about Boris in significant numbers? If they were, fair enough, but I'd have thought most people would be savvy enough to figure out where the power lies. And, fwiw, I don't think Trump is a dictator either - again, it's the people behind him that are truly dangerous.

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...was there really people on the "left" really saying that about Boris in significant numbers? 

Not only significant numbers, but also significant people.

Just off the top of my head I'll give you the leader of the SNP in Westminster, Ian Blackford, numerous members of the shadow cabinet and even Remainers from his own "side" like Grieve and Soubry.

Of course the editorial in the Guardian didn't disappoint either.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/29/the-guardian-view-on-johnson-v-parliament-an-unelective-dictatorship

2 hours ago, leicsmac said:

...was there really people on the "left" really saying that about Boris in significant numbers? If they were, fair enough, but I'd have thought most people would be savvy enough to figure out where the power lies. And, fwiw, I don't think Trump is a dictator either - again, it's the people behind him that are truly dangerous.

What @MattP said...! 

The (poorly named) Independent was fairly vocal about it as well. 

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Not only significant numbers, but also significant people.

Just off the top of my head I'll give you the leader of the SNP in Westminster, Ian Blackford, numerous members of the shadow cabinet and even Remainers from his own "side" like Grieve and Soubry.

Of course the editorial in the Guardian didn't disappoint either.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2019/aug/29/the-guardian-view-on-johnson-v-parliament-an-unelective-dictatorship

2 hours ago, Milo said:

What @MattP said...! 

The (poorly named) Independent was fairly vocal about it as well. 

Fair enough, that's conclusive enough to me. Those people were mistaken in choosing a rather simplistic way of looking at it, then.

A modern OECD country, when they go in for some authoritarianism, don't have one figurehead like that, it's way too obvious. There's always people behind the person.

And speaking of authoritarianism and wielding the iron fist - the good thing about it is that it gets things done, and the bad thing about it is that it gets things done.

• Like 1

On 14/02/2020 at 07:38, MattP said:

Hilarious isn't it?

In the media it's the often the same people as well who didn't care when it was Campbell and Mandleson pulling the strings of Blair, forcing the media to play ball and ruling over the civil service and cabinet with an iron fist.

Yes this might be brutal, but if a government is going to actually get some serious reform and take the country in direction it wants it does need some cabinet unity. 

Errr, would this be the same Tony Blair who appointed Gordon Brown Chancellor in every one of his Cabinets?

Sajid hasn’t lasted three months 😄

Edited by Nickfosse

2 hours ago, Wymsey said:

Elton John diagnosed with Walking Pneumonia.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-51522715

Googled it as I wasn't sure what it was. It's a very mild form of pneumonia, it's a bit like a cold. Most people won't need to be in hospital, and can carry on as normal.

• Like 1