Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

The Soar Point in Leicester set to reopen with a new look after £250k refurbishment

29 minutes ago, davieG said:

Just in case it's anyone's match drinking hole

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/news/leicester-news/soar-point-leicester-set-reopen-3152535

Doesn't look very suitable for football crowd?

It's no different than before other than having a refurb. Still the same place with the same "motto". It's a nice place, popular with students but mainly in the week. Have been many times for a nice craft beer before a match.

Lots of fans go and drink there before a match I must add.

Edited by KrefelderFox666

Soar Point has been s***e since it was bought out from Scream Pubs. Expensive and the the beer is nearly always flat. Half the time it comes in generic pint glasses so any livelyness just dies out within seconds. If your paying high prices, you expect a bit of quality.

A lick of paint wont improve it all that much. Can roll a turd in glitter..

Used to love it in there on pound a pint night when it was a Scream bar. Good times.

Dickie Stearman and Jimmy Wesolowski used to swan in giving it big licks buying students rounds of shots. They were in reality probably spending about a fiver on about 20 Apple Sours.

Haven't been there in a few years. Made the mistake of ordering some grub last time I went. Probably would've had a tastier, more satisfying meal chowing down some of the swamp litter from the surface of the river. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, CollinsLCFC said:

Soar Point has been s***e since it was bought out from Scream Pubs. Expensive and the the beer is nearly always flat. Half the time it comes in generic pint glasses so any livelyness just dies out within seconds. If your paying high prices, you expect a bit of quality.

A lick of paint wont improve it all that much. Can roll a turd in glitter..

I don't think it was bought out, Scream was a Stonegate owned chain that they decided to bin.

It's never really been for me but if I'm ever going to the footy I'll nip in. Sooner booze in town mind.

The Font was the biggest loss in that area. Streets ahead of Soar Point but never catered enough to students with offers.

3 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

That looks awful. The place died when they stopped doing quids on Tuesdays

Used to love the place. £1.20 A pint And a chip sandwich before the game. 

We even had the gold card for a while so still got the discounted price about 10 years after any of us were still students. 

Not been in, in years. Last time we did the place did nothing for us and now it's as expensive as everywhere else so it's lost its usp.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Used to love the place. £1.20 A pint And a chip sandwich before the game. 

We even had the gold card for a while so still got the discounted price about 10 years after any of us were still students. 

Not been in, in years. Last time we did the place did nothing for us and now it's as expensive as everywhere else so it's lost its usp.

Yeah with the previous refurb the prices shot up. 

Love the spot and had some good times in there but for me its lost it’s charm.

Like Langston said the Font going was a big blow.

13 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There aren't many interesting pubs about in Leicester. There's plenty of standard pubs you could get anywhere in the country but not many with any semblance of character.

No pissed stained carpet, smell of wet dog or extremely warm ale. (this is largely a joke but the point's valid, the traditional pub in city centre Leicester is few and far between)

We've seen another place with character of a different kind (Orange Tree) get rebranded. 

51 minutes ago, Stadt said:

There aren't many interesting pubs about in Leicester. There's plenty of standard pubs you could get anywhere in the country but not many with any semblance of character.

Recently Criterion, Orange Tree and Broood going have all impacted that.