Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Andy King - Interview in The Times

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

I feel bad for lending support to Puel now. I know King was being frozen out from playing but it's just downright rude to treat a player like that, let alone it being a player who had been all the way down to League One with us and come up with us to experience the highest high. 

Puel really was a miserable bastard wasn't he? 

Like I said before, Puel thought he could totally rip the foundations out of the club akin to buying a house, wanting improvements done on it and the first move is to demolish it. It's worse than inept. For an experienced manager it's astounding.

He was absolutely delusional if he thought that was ever going to work. Huth's comments as soon as he got sacked said a lot to me - "you always felt he was working against you rather than with you" and that seems to be the significant difference with him and Rodgers. Rodgers' man-management and transparency is going to be what buys him support in the tough times.

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

And to think some fans give him so much disrespect. 

This!!!!

we need “club” people like king around our great club. Irrespective of whether he plays or not, he really is so important to that commaradarie and support to other players.

He could've gone about it much better, much more professionally.

But Puel's job in moving the club on from that ageing title winning group was so necessary and has laid the foundations for what could be a massive year this season. Nobody who gets rid of/freezes out Huth, King, Simpson, Ulloa, Okazaki etc. was going to be popular. But it was necessary for the good of the club's future.

It has happened. He was a manager that had major faults but he did some good stuff here. You only have to look at the squad we have now to know that.

As far as King goes, he might well have a future here. He's looked ok in pre-season and he could be useful cover for Tielemans and Maddison if there's room in the squad. I'd like to see him get regular games somewhere, though, and prove how good he can be. He deserves that (and a bloody testimonial!).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Jacnah said:

I know - very strange. We all know that human beings are not machines. They need lots of things to perform at the highest level and, in Claude's role, if you don't have good man management I don't see how you can get the best out of your team and compete against those that do. He's not stupid, so he must know this, but for the life of me I cant see what his rationale for this type of approach would be. 

*Maybe* you could say that the manager did it deliberately to put the onus on the player to start the dialogue first as some kind of “test?”

Of course I know that’s not true and it shows frankly a lack of understanding about both the player and club. Even if the player is not in your plans, for someone that has been in the team since league one to becoming a Premier League medal to not ever be spoken to is awful! What sort of precedent does it set? Amateurish stuff really. 

Compare this to Rodgers - in his first game he played 3 at the back so Morgan (who had been out of the team), Maguire and Evans could play. Was he really ever going to keep that system? Well maybe as Celtic used it but for me the clear message it sent out was that it was an olive branch to Wes who is hugely influential in the dressing room. We got beat that day but by all reports the camp is a happy one. Sometimes as a manager you have to compromise in order to win people over and Rodgers has done it. It’s also been notable in preseason that we have a very clear footballing identity now that all of the players buy into. Even players in the reserves and coming off the bench are pressing and attacking the box. 

I was someone that often defended Puel as I think he did a lot of good. But this story is very eye opening. I can only imagine what players like Simpson and Fuchs will have to say. It’s also pretty clear who Vardy was talking about in that infamous post match shot caught on cameras after the Man U match! 

Edited by StriderHiryu

What a bloke.

Think it was a given that there were a few who didn't get on with Puel. He knew the job he had to do- make enemies, cast away the driftwood, push out stalwarts, refresh top to bottom. Sounds like he went over the top and acted like an arse about it though lol

33 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Not nice to hear King get treated like that no one deserves it less than him. But let's not get too revisionist about Puel's time here. 

Regardless of how many conversations he didn't have with players he did a brilliant job rebuilding the squad that is just a stone cold fact. He inherited an ageing side with Morgan, Fuchs, Simpson, iborra and shinji regularly in the starting line up. And he left behind a vibrant young side with Chillwell, Ricardo, Evans, Tileamans, Choudhury, Barnes and maddison all added to the team.

Don't get me wrong he 100% had to go but hopefully we are all about to reap the rewards of his rebuild. 

We are about to reap the rewards of what he partially built hopefully but it’s pretty clear that his rebuild included getting rid of some players like Vardy and even Morgan that are either are best player or most influential off the pitch.

If Puels rebuild was complete I have no doubt that it wouldn’t have looked anything like it will under Rodgers.

10 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

I didn't want to go when he was in charge, and I've never felt like that before. He got us playing the most boring football I've ever seen! 

Meh. We were dross before he took over too.

If a boring year is the price we pay for the shape the club is currently in, so be it.

• Like 2

Puel's tenure is like...

marmite and veggiemite,

And then watching the opinions swing

Just fighting over which one of the two 

Spreads & tastes better on toast..:teehee:

But it's a topic/thread on one of our

Mr Leicester legends.. Andy King

Fans though should remember every play have managers they click with and others where they just have no communication lines with each other.

Fans should not try and play the typical

Unreliant witness..and dive in just to 

Confirm one's own fantasies,

but cry facts!! It's worse than the

gutter-press so many debase & dislike!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

If you think this is 'one player only' who had major issues with Puel then your own 'agenda' of blind support for him is very, very strong. And very wrong.

What about the players,who have confirmed they were happy with Puel and he had helped them...

I don't support or back,anyone!!!

What's wrong is trying to immaturely

Box people and how they think,and how they roll...

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Meat and 2 veg said:

It’s true. 

Can't agree mate. We weren't GREAT when he joined but he certainly didn't 'save' us from the drop, we could've appointed Pardew and stayed up with that squad. He had 18 months of bang average results and left us where he found us in midtable. I know this team has history of a bounce when a new manager comes in but the contrast from Claudeball to what we saw under Brendan last season was huge. He had a very good squad underperforming come the end of it all. 

I suppose some would attribute the rebuild of our squad to him too but for me it seems to be a vision that the club's hierarchy have looked to impose, rather than some sort of Puel revolutionary masterplan. A mixture of good planning and scouting by those at the club. Speculation of course but I think those who completely credit Puel with the rebuild are being naive. 

I was very patient with the guy and saw positive signs at times. Backed him a fair bit in the face of some criticism in fact. But **** me I'm glad he's gone now. Didn't realise how shite it actually was until we had a proper gaffer back in charge again

Edited by Goober