Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Andy King - Interview in The Times

47 minutes ago, StanSP said:

King had a chance to go to Nottingham Forest, Leicester’s rivals. “Forest are a great club, history, tradition, really good stadium, great fans, but I don’t think you can wear Leicester for so long, make all those memories, and then go and play for Forest. It was hard enough going to Derby (that January) because there’s a little rivalry there. Forest was always going to be a no, no.”

:wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub::wub:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Doesn't look good on Puel, does it? I think King will go permanently at some point but hopefully it is on the right terms and him not being shoved out unceremoniously. Whatever we think of him as a player, he's represented this club with a lot of dignity and professionalism.

Seems a really good bloke to have around the place and a manager's dream.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

King had a chance to go to Nottingham Forest, Leicester’s rivals. “Forest are a great club, history, tradition, really good stadium, great fans, but I don’t think you can wear Leicester for so long, make all those memories, and then go and play for Forest. It was hard enough going to Derby (that January) because there’s a little rivalry there. Forest was always going to be a no, no.”

I’ve never loved him more. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Beechey said:

So much for Puel's much vaunted man-management skills.

But his man-management skills were never 'much vaunted'.  They weren't vaunted at all.

One of the criticisms of Puel was that there was a disconnect between him and the players and also between him and the fans.

He has his merits and demerits but I can't remember anyone praising him for his man-management skills.

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

But his man-management skills were never 'much vaunted'.  They weren't vaunted at all.

One of the criticisms of Puel was that there was a disconnect between him and the players and also between him and the fans.

He has his merits and demerits but I can't remember anyone praising him for his man-management skills.

I mean prior to his appointment at Leicester.

But you don't remember any talk of how his man management skills allowed him to get the best out of Ben Arfa, for example?

A well know knob end.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

Of course the quotes about Puel are eye catching... but I think the big thing to take from the interview is what he’s said about Brendon.

He’s getting the band back together (albeit with some new fellas pulling the strings) - and I for one can’t wait to see it hit the road.

Puel really is a pig of a man, absolutely no need to have to conduct himself like that when making tough decisions. Treat people like they deserve and be a fcukin man about it and nobody can really have a problem, certainly lost any respect I ever had for him. 

Interesting Rodgers hasn't yet told him he's not in his plans with only a week left of the window and only a few left in the EFL. I have a feeling he might sneak in the 25 man squad if we don't sign another attacking CM. 

• Like 3

I love Kingy, he’s an absolute gentlemen. Having someone like that in the dressing room who can set the tone for the youngsters is very beneficial.

I really hope he pushes on and can be that steady reliable player who can come in and keep things ticking over should one of the big hitting midfielders get injured. He still played a role in our title winning season remember, it shouldn’t be underestimated. 

Would love him to go on and manage us one day. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TeamRocket said:

Can we just keep him for ever ??I dont care. Love how hes always posative and think he will help all the next gen of players

We probably will. Birch has him signed up as his obvious eventual successor one day. 

It was obvious to all bar his misguided coterie of loyalists on here that Puel was the wrong man for the job. The team just didn't (want to) play for him.

I'd love to hear a further insight from other players into his lack of man-management, motivation and communication skills. We already have a pretty good idea of what Vardy thought of him.

• Like 2