Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Andy King - Interview in The Times

1 hour ago, Beechey said:

So much for Puel's much vaunted man-management skills.

I don't think anybody claimed he had good man management skills, but I never thought it was as poor as it seems to have been. Its really quite unfathomable as to what was going on in his head.

He was effective in other ways though - just not enough of them

Edited by Jacnah
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I mean prior to his appointment at Leicester.

But you don't remember any talk of how his man management skills allowed him to get the best out of Ben Arfa, for example?

A well know knob end.

Well yes, that's true.

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

It baffles me that he thought treating King this way would do anything other than anger the squad (which I assume it did).

There's stamping yourself on the squad which is fine, but then there's completely disrespecting a club legend.

I know - very strange. We all know that human beings are not machines. They need lots of things to perform at the highest level and, in Claude's role, if you don't have good man management I don't see how you can get the best out of your team and compete against those that do. He's not stupid, so he must know this, but for the life of me I cant see what his rationale for this type of approach would be. 

35 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Of course the quotes about Puel are eye catching... but I think the big thing to take from the interview is what he’s said about Brendon.

He’s getting the band back together (albeit with some new fellas pulling the strings) - and I for one can’t wait to see it hit the road.

Yeah, the problem now is that no one wants to leave! Even Slimani says he wants to stay with us! We gotta shift players in the coming days. Hopefully Brendan -- who obviously told everyone they had a clean slate -- knows how to handle it, and has his methods for giving bad news. Splitting the squad on Saturday, for example, was almost cutthroat -- but I have a feeling it also gave the guys something "real" to compete for during the pre-season.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There are plenty of first team regulars who share the same view as King.

He's just the first one publicly to speak out.

Players and staff were briefing the media for almost a year about Puel and his methods.

Hopefully the penny will finally drop for some fans as to just how bad it was down there.

Jeez, stop with the agenda Geoff, he's gone now! :ph34r::crylaugh:

• Haha 1

Brendan Rodgers' man management will definitely be one of the most important factors out of bringing out the best in the team. Tactics and formations don't mean sh*t if the players don't want to play for you. 

He has reassured an injured Kapustka that he could still have a future for LCFC. Slimani wants to stay now after saying last year multiple times he wants to move. Iheanacho seems to be growing in confidence during in preseason and I feel Brodgers will make him come good. Tielemens wanted to come here, and I feel it was partly due to Brodgers' skills and Agent Maddison. With the recent King interview, there's a feel good factor around the club now.

46 minutes ago, Hammo said:

It was obvious to all bar his misguided coterie of loyalists on here that Puel was the wrong man for the job. The team just didn't (want to) play for him.

I'd love to hear a further insight from other players into his lack of man-management, motivation and communication skills. We already have a pretty good idea of what Vardy thought of him.

Wrong man for the job? He did what the two managers before him failed to do. Change the team around and bring in some youth, play a different style of football. He was what we needed at that time but he certainly wasn't the one to take us further.

Brendan has been provided with a good set of players and he is going about man management and tactics to move us on. It was clear Puel's personality and language barrier was an issue not just with fans but with players. It was only ever going to be short term but I am glad he came in and cleaned up a bit.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

I feel bad for lending support to Puel now. I know King was being frozen out from playing but it's just downright rude to treat a player like that, let alone it being a player who had been all the way down to League One with us and come up with us to experience the highest high. 

Puel really was a miserable bastard wasn't he? 

Maybe Puel was wrong...but FFS don't ever forget the dross that was written on this forum over King himself..

I still say from Ranieri's ,2nd year,

King a natural born frontfoot attacking

Midfielder,even a forward holding CM,but never a holding backfoot or DM.

Has been short changed by our last 3 managers,before BR. Kings or any players best years...He was lousy has a

Square passing DM,but we saw over many seasons,and against Everton in the title year..This legend has the skills we lacked,because they the managers

Forgot so blindly and easy,the true strengths of Mr Andy King..

The critic he received from within this forum,was due mainly to the ignorrance,

That the coaches tried to reshape into something he was never good at,when the quality also lacked in his defence and midfield teammate...He is an attacking box to box front foot midfielder...As good as any in the PL or championship,and if Rodgers wants a simple cover in the odd game,in that front foot AM position,he still has something to offer..he should get that

Squad Number on his back...I won't waste time and argue,his real best time

may well of gone,noone should be a permanent benchwarmer, but he can be more than a usefull sub, covering those foreward midfield positions,but IMO he is no Mendy,type of sub..!! 

He is no Maddison,Tielemans either,but

has sub,for tiring legs,or knocks,those are the areas he can cover...

I have nothing but admiration,for this club legend,who should be allowed to rekindle his playing career for his chosen one club man team. At a certain support level ( and cup) He still has it..!!

Even if it means he has to accept,a sort of back burner role..I have always said we need inexpensive but quality  covering squad players,who are prepared to see youngsters knab their odd game-time...but King would still be an excellent covering team man,if he can still get 7-12 games in over the season...

If he left City,to get regular  game-time..then lower PL to top half championship,is still a top placing for him...Or help us,and then himself lift one

of the cups..!!

• Like 3

Back to Kingy. Superb professional, club legend even if he never plays another game. Not sure he is more than a dreasing room player and backup but would be good to have him around.

However, personally for him, a lower club may be better for him. Somewhere he can play regularly. The testimonial will happen one day. Maybe a retirement game?

1st look at my post and contribution to this King thread..

But..!!!!!!

There are 2 sides of the coin...

Other players have been posted in saying how Puel helped them,every coach has their views on the fans beloved,or just respected. Players.

Let's not get childish and use one players experience & opinions to bury persons where own personal Agendas and point scoring is the only reasoning

and None of you fans have even an inkling of.!!

Plus I have noticed some of you in the

Past now posting,weren't too kind or supportive of King!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Let's not get childish and use one players experience & opinions to bury persons where own personal Agendas and point scoring is the only reasoning

and None of you fans have even an inkling of.!!

If you think this is 'one player only' who had major issues with Puel then your own 'agenda' of blind support for him is very, very strong. And very wrong.

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

We probably will. Birch has him signed up as his obvious eventual successor one day. 

Hope so. I really dont care how good or bad he is. Just having him in this team will always be a good thing. His work rate when he gets the chance. His off the pitch  attitude plus loyalty is hard to find these days :)