Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Loan watch 2019-20

Monaco are doing well out of the deal and hopefully someone will be willing to buy our misfits. I guess another point is systems, horses for courses. Certainly didn't infer that Youri should pull his finger out. :P

Amiens could really be a good loan for Diabate. He's getting solid game time (looks to be playing 86 mins today) which is going to help him improve his decision making.

He's seemed pretty direct so far for Amiens and got into some nice positions on the wing 

Edited by UniFox21
  • Thanks 1

Yes I'm bored enough this morning to search Twitter for mentions of Ndukwu but someone said something mildly positive about Ndukwu, that he and the other sub provided the spark for Southend's equaliser. It'll be interesting to see if Southend's new caretaker manager gets better performances out of Ndukwu and the rest of Southend. So far it's been a horror loan: mercurial floating central midfielder sent to a relegation bound league one side that before last match had scored four goals in six matches and concedes 17.

31 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Yes I'm bored enough this morning to search Twitter for mentions of Ndukwu but someone said something mildly positive about Ndukwu, that he and the other sub provided the spark for Southend's equaliser. It'll be interesting to see if Southend's new caretaker manager gets better performances out of Ndukwu and the rest of Southend. So far it's been a horror loan: mercurial floating central midfielder sent to a relegation bound league one side that before last match had scored four goals in six matches and concedes 17.

In theory this type of situation could and should be a massive slap in the face to pull his finger out. 

Josh Knight added to his attacking credentials by assisting Mohamed's Eisa's 54th minute goal and nearly set him up for another. Posh ended up drawing 2-2 at Tranmere. Iversen conceded in the first minute, faithfully keeping to his new hobby of either conceding early or in extra time, but Rotherham pulled one back to draw against Sunderland. Southend scored another three goals but Shrewsbury managed to get four. Ndukwu saw no minutes. Ryan Loft came on at the 90th minutes again, this time to replace an injured player. Sam Hughes, bizarrely absent last match, went straight into the first team and played the full 90 minutes in Salford City's 1 - 0 victory against Grimsby.

• Like 1

Not a similarly stunning evening for our loan players sadly. Southend grabbed their first three points of the season against MK Dons, winning one nil thanks to a goal in the fourth minute. They're now third from bottom of league one. Ndukwu sat on the bench for the entire 90 minutes. Loft's Carlisle had a man sent off in the 33rd minute and eventually lost 3 - 1 to Bradford. Loft, likewise, sat unused on the bench. Josh Knight played 90 minutes but saw Peterborough lose 2 - 0 to seventh place Doncaster. Salford City and their centre back Sam Hughes got a proper beating from 2nd placed Crewe, losing 4 - 1. Iversen, however, managed to keep his first cleansheet of the season against midtable Shrewsbury.

• Like 1

Daniel Iversen - Rotherham United, 90 minutes in a 1-1 draw against Sunderland on Tuesday, then a 2nd clean sheet of the season in a 0-0 draw against Shrewsbury (both games in League One)

- Total Appearances: 8

- Total Clean Sheets: 2

Josh Knight - Peterborough United, 90 minutes and an assist in a 2-2 draw with Tranmere, then another 90 minutes in a 2-0 defeat to Doncaster Rovers (both games in League One)

- Total Appearances: 10

- Total Goals: 1

Layton Ndukwu - Southend United, unused sub in a 4-3 defeat to Shrewsbury, and the same again in a 1-0 victory over MK Dons (both games in League One)

- Total Goals: 0

Ryan Loft - Carlisle United, subbed on in injury time in a 0-0 draw with Forest Green, and was then an unused sub in a 3-1 defeat to Bradford City (both games in League Two)

- Total Appearances: 10

- Total Goals: 1

Sam Hughes - Salford City, 90 minutes in a 1-0 victory over Grimsby, and another 90 minutes in a 4-1 defeat to Crewe (both games in League Two)

- Total Appearances: 3

Kamal Sowah - OH Leuven, 90 minutes in a 1-0 win over Lommel (Belgian First Division B)

- Total Goals: 3

Andy King - Rangers, on as a late substitute in a 1-0 victory over Feyenoord (Europa League), no involvement in the 4-0 win over St. Johnstone (Scottish Premiership)

- Total Appearances: 4

Islam Slimani - Monaco, missed out on Monaco’s game with Stade Reims through injury (Ligue 1)

- Total Appearances: 3

- Total Goals: 3

Adrien Silva - Monaco, 85 minutes in a 0-0 draw against Stade Reims (Ligue 1)

- Total Appearances: 4

Fousseni Diabate - Amiens, 67 minutes in a 2-1 win against Metz (Ligue 1)

- Total Appearances: 2

Rachid Ghezzal - Fiorentina, unused sub in a 2-2 draw against Atalanta (Serie A)

- Total Appearances: 0

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

19 year old Sowah's doing alright in the equivalent of league one then. Try to get him a loan in the Championship next season? If OHL's development is better than the u23s I wouldn't mind more development players going there... Isn't there something about visas or something too - it's easier for a Ghanian to get a work visa for the UK after a year in Belgium? Is that right?

Edited by Foxxed

On 23/09/2019 at 12:03, Foxxed said:

19 year old Sowah's doing alright in the equivalent of league one then. Try to get him a loan in the Championship next season? If OHL's development is better than the u23s I wouldn't mind more development players going there... Isn't there something about visas or something too - it's easier for a Ghanian to get a work visa for the UK after a year in Belgium? Is that right?

I think it might be wiser to keep him in Belgium next season, in the top division ;)

6 hours ago, Countryfox said:

This game didn’t sound so good prof ...  

(Article covers all loanees) ...  

61459ECD-DC6B-4BA9-872D-7741DB52E82F.jpeg

Monaco still look like a mess to be honest. I don't think Jardim can organise a defence without neutering his attack, and they only have a few midfielders.

7 minutes ago, lfu said:

I think it might be wiser to keep him in Belgium next season, in the top division ;)

Monaco still look like a mess to be honest. I don't think Jardim can organise a defence without neutering his attack, and they only have a few midfielders.

From what I've heard it's because outside Silva they have one good midfielder, Golovin, who is injured a lot. The rest are reeeeallly past it

• Like 1