Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Loan watch 2019-20

On 24/09/2019 at 18:10, henrik_62 said:

Would be amazed to see it, you've been trying to get rid of him for years now and no one will touch him apart from loan moves on the last day of the window.  He'll be 32 next summer also so zero resale value on him.  The most realistic thing would be agreeing a deal for a side to take over the last year of his contract somewhere.

That's some solid hate their for a proven international striker.

He'd walk into the Celtic team and be the Scottish leagues top scorer.

1 hour ago, FIF said:

That's some solid hate their for a proven international striker.

He'd walk into the Celtic team and be the Scottish leagues top scorer.

It's nothing to do with hate or Celtic, it's simply a signing that didn't work out.  He's on big money and is ageing and as such interested clubs won't be able to pay him what he's currently earning, let alone pay a fee for him, leading to the stalemate that's ensued.  We have players at Celtic in the exact same boat, albeit on a smaller scale, as do most clubs across England, Scotland and throughout Europe. 

For what it's worth he'd obviously do well in Scotland and score lots of goals but he isn't in the same league as our last striker in Dembele or our current one in Eduoard so your a bit misinformed here and he wouldn't even be a first pick for us let alone walk into our team.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

FIF: love Hamza, hate Scottish football.

I don't hate scottish football, I used to like it when it was relevant but now I'm just ambivalent. What I don't like is people having a go at OUR players and even worse when the people making the snidy comments are supporters from other teams.

tbf Henrik is usually a good poster and I read everything he has to say about BR or Benko or celtic related matters but the tosh he wrote about Slimani was wrong and needed pulling up. He clearly knows nothing about Slim.

If we have the possibility of recalling Slim in January I think we may get teams making an offer for him before we do that (I wouldn't recall him but it gives us leverage with Monaco). If he continues playing how he is then Monaco may buy him just to stop other French teams getting him. He's the talk of the country at the moment.

2 hours ago, FIF said:

I don't hate scottish football, I used to like it when it was relevant but now I'm just ambivalent. What I don't like is people having a go at OUR players and even worse when the people making the snidy comments are supporters from other teams.

tbf Henrik is usually a good poster and I read everything he has to say about BR or Benko or celtic related matters but the tosh he wrote about Slimani was wrong and needed pulling up. He clearly knows nothing about Slim.

If we have the possibility of recalling Slim in January I think we may get teams making an offer for him before we do that (I wouldn't recall him but it gives us leverage with Monaco). If he continues playing how he is then Monaco may buy him just to stop other French teams getting him. He's the talk of the country at the moment.

And I thought we Algerians were supposed to be the most hateful tw*ts despised the world over. Seriously, I don't think IS will come back to sit on the bench and get abused now and then for 5 minutes cameos. He is in Monte Carlo, he is fluent in French, in the 1st team, respected by his manager, the press and his peers and getting tax-free wages. And why would anyone in his right mind move further up north to freeze his bol***ks and add to the religious jingoism with such compromising name? (I'm shaking with rage now and throwing stuff while saying that...don't worry it will pass)

So far, Moussa Dembélé: 6 goals in 6 games, 0 assist.

IS: 3 goals in 4 games, 2 assists.

Edited by Blue Collar

1 hour ago, Blue Collar said:

And I thought we Algerians were supposed to be the most hateful tw*ts despised the world over. Seriously, I don't think IS will come back to sit on the bench and get abused now and then for 5 minutes cameos. He is in Monte Carlo, he is fluent in French, in the 1st team, respected by his manager, the press and his peers and getting tax-free wages. And why would anyone in his right mind move further up north to freeze his bol***ks and add to the religious jingoism with such compromising name? (I'm shaking with rage now and throwing stuff while saying that...don't worry it will pass)

So far, Moussa Dembélé: 6 goals in 6 games, 0 assist.

IS: 3 goals in 4 games, 2 assists.

I was agreeing with you and then I read then the part where you lost any kind of credibility.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes this just says to me that there is something very different about ligue 1

I guess it says more about the fact that leicester City is a striker's graveyard. How many strikers have you guys signed that were good after Vardy? Even Ayoze is being bad and he was quality in Newcastle. 

Edited by Eagle10

12 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I guess it says more about the fact that leicester City is a striker's graveyard. How many strikers have you guys signed that were good after Vardy? Even Ayoze is being bad and he was quality in Newcastle. 

Being bad is a bit harsh, he has only played a handful of games and is starting to look much better each game

Josh Knight, after a fast break, assisted Mohamed Eise's 66th minute goal against Wimbledon. Peterborough weathered Wimbledon's late comeback to win 3-2. Josh now has one goal and two assists for the Posh. Rotherham and Iversen came unstuck in Bristol as Iversen conceded in the 48th minute with Rotherham losing 1 - 0. Former lcfc academy prospect Sherif sat on the bench while Accrington Stanley beat Ndukwu's 10 men Southend. Ndukwu didn't make the bench.

In league two the wonderfully named Olomola gave Carsile the 3rd minute winner against Oldham. Loft came on for the last thirty minutes and within five minutes had a shot on target and assisted Olomola saved shot. Last match Sam Hughes watched from the pitch as Salford lost 1 - 0. This match he watched unused from the bench as Salford City lost 4 - 0 to Forest Green Rovers.

Here's Josh's assist a few weeks back. He breaks up an attack, runs up field with the two attackers either side and finds Eisa on the right who slots it home. Josh's definitely playing further upfield than your typical defensive midfielder.

1 minute ago, NaijaFox said:

Slimani scores yet again! :o

Penalty-kick this time, but still. Keep it up Slim, we need to recoup our layout. 

We have a recall option in January.

If he keeps this up he might attract a bid from a PL club who are a striker light or we could force Monaco to buy. Happy to get a £5m fee and off the books.