Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Loan watch 2019-20

15 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

From what I've heard it's because outside Silva they have one good midfielder, Golovin, who is injured a lot. The rest are reeeeallly past it

They have Bakayoko as well, but you're right, they lack any real depth - Fabregas is past it, Boschilia is an AM/winger and their only other options are a 17 year old or playing defenders out of position

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Jardim getting the sack at Monaco would be a blow to our chances of punting Slimani and Silva there permanently. He seems to like both players. Hopefully their form picks up with Slimani and Silva contributing to it.

isn't Slimani out of contract after this season?

31 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

isn't Slimani out of contract after this season?

Yeah another season so if we want to recoup any sort of decent fee it'll have to be in January or the this coming summer as January 2021 he'll be free to agree a pre-contract. Prior to good early start at Monaco with 3 in 3, I was resigned to losing him for nothing.

3 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Yeah another season so if we want to recoup any sort of decent fee it'll have to be in January or the this coming summer as January 2021 he'll be free to agree a pre-contract. Prior to good early start at Monaco with 3 in 3, I was resigned to losing him for nothing.

Be surprised if you get any sort of fee for Slimani at all ever, the best you could hope for is hoping someone will take him for free and pay his wages for the last year of his deal.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Be surprised if you get any sort of fee for Slimani at all ever, the best you could hope for is hoping someone will take him for free and pay his wages for the last year of his deal.

Possibly but he is not worthless, is an experienced international and has a very good goalscoring record in Portugal. He could make an impact in the right team. Clubs have been prepared to pay 1.5mil-2mil loan fees for him so I think we could get a reasonable fee IF his loan continues to go well.

Edited by LCCFox96

1 minute ago, LCCFox96 said:

Possibly but he is not worthless, is an experienced international and has a very good goalscoring record in Portugal. He could make an impact in the right team. Clubs have been prepared to pay 1.5mil-2mil loan fees for him so I think we could get a reasonable fee IF his loan continues to go well.

Would be amazed to see it, you've been trying to get rid of him for years now and no one will touch him apart from loan moves on the last day of the window.  He'll be 32 next summer also so zero resale value on him.  The most realistic thing would be agreeing a deal for a side to take over the last year of his contract somewhere.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Would be amazed to see it, you've been trying to get rid of him for years now and no one will touch him apart from loan moves on the last day of the window.  He'll be 32 next summer also so zero resale value on him.  The most realistic thing would be agreeing a deal for a side to take over the last year of his contract somewhere.

Wages probably been the biggest issue with shifting him. A fee of 6mil-10mil is not beyond the realms of possibility if his loan goes well, especially for a club like Monaco who could afford that sort of outlay on Slimani. I'm not holding my breathe - like I said above before his good start at Monaco is was resigned to losing him for nothing - but it's possible with a good loan spell.

Amiens and Diabate are one goal short of drawing with Bordeaux at the moment. Bordeaux are leading 2 - 1. Diabate only saw 52 minutes and touched the ball 18 times before he was subbed for Kakuta who in 20 minutes managed 20 touches and two shots. As I write this Amiens have conceded another to fellow midtablers Bordeaux. It's not looking amazing for Diabate who was similarly anonymous in his last match.

It's good to see Slim enjoying his football. He's a bit like Klinsmann apparently...

http://sportwitness.co.uk/calls-club-buy-amazing-leicester-loanee-already-appearing-former-france-international-compares-klinsmann/

It might be quite funny, but I'm thinking it shows what we thought we were buying. Mendy turned out to be pretty good in the end, Musa did show his talent at international level and Slim is actually pretty good. Even Silva did play well for Monaco last season.

Our transfer policy may have failed repeatedly for various reasons for a while, but that wasn't because they were totally rubbish players.

On 24/09/2019 at 10:10, henrik_62 said:

I would be happy for him to leave on a free in January. Just get him off the books  and cut our losses. He was & is a good player but he was never the player we wanted or needed.  

I think our player recruitment has improved by leaps and bounds but there always is a price to pay for bad decisions  . I know cause I have made my share.

• Like 2