Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFC1996

Loan watch 2019-20

7 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

At present, looking at all our loanees currently out there, I think we could field a pretty decent B squad that would perform quite well in most major European leagues. Discuss.

Assuming our first 11 is

Schmeichel

Ricardo Evans Soyuncu Chilwell

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Our B team is

Ward

J.J Benkovic Morgan Fuchs

Praet Hamza Silva

Albrighton Slimani Gray

I feel like that would get relegated from the PL tbh.

26 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Assuming our first 11 is

Schmeichel

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Our B team is

Ward

Praet Hamza Silva

Albrighton Slimani Gray

I revise that actually, Iheanacho for Silva leaves a more balanced team

Assuming we got European football, we'd need a new backup striker, new starting winger, new centre back, new left back, and maybe even another winger if we sold Gray :fc:

On 28/09/2019 at 22:16, Ric Flair said:

Am I the only one who thought he played quite well with Vardy?

He could have had the same role with us as what he's doing at Monaco, in a 4-4-2. That's why I hoped at least. A stronghold, weighting physically on a defense, creating openings and taking care of them crosses coming in the box.

Remember when people here laughed at his passing, his inability to read the game, hold the ball, get either in good positions or create spaces by his runs. His heading was ridiculed because he couldn't win defensive flicks. He was labelled as slow and lazy. Right. The truth is that he came here at the worst possible time. He never was given a real chance, neither Claudio or Shakespeare played to his strengths and he fell out with Vardy. Puel came then in, had other ideas and the rest is history.

A truly awful deal for both sides. Hopefully he keeps banging them there so we can get back a bit of cash. We moved on and I don't think he'd want to come back anyway.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 3

On 28/09/2019 at 21:16, Ric Flair said:

Am I the only one who thought he played quite well with Vardy?

He wasn't terrible, but Vardy and Slimani just do not work together. Vardy can't press on his own he just ends up chasing shadows, he needs mobile players round him to stretch the defence and put them under pressure creating space. Slimani just wasn't mobile enough to play a support role to Vardy it nullified our press and our counter. The alternative is have Slimani lead the line and Vardy play a little deeper and feed off big Slim. Vardy isn't that good at a link up role so he ends up out wide and our shape is gone with our best player being marginalised. 

The other option would have been alternate between Vardy and Slimani, Slimani to batter down stubborn defences like Burnley in games where we have more possession. Vardy then plays against the big boys, but Vardy is just too damn good.

A serious injury to Vardy is the only way I could see Slimani return in January but I don't see them ever being able to play together, even if they did get on off the pitch.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

He wasn't terrible, but Vardy and Slimani just do not work together. Vardy can't press on his own he just ends up chasing shadows, he needs mobile players round him to stretch the defence and put them under pressure creating space. Slimani just wasn't mobile enough to play a support role to Vardy it nullified our press and our counter. The alternative is have Slimani lead the line and Vardy play a little deeper and feed off big Slim. Vardy isn't that good at a link up role so he ends up out wide and our shape is gone with our best player being marginalised. 

The other option would have been alternate between Vardy and Slimani, Slimani to batter down stubborn defences like Burnley in games where we have more possession. Vardy then plays against the big boys, but Vardy is just too damn good.

A serious injury to Vardy is the only way I could see Slimani return in January but I don't see them ever being able to play together, even if they did get on off the pitch.

A lot of what you say is probably true but I remember a number of games they did look very good together but it relied on the whole team executing the ideal game.plan. The pressing issue you mention is what led to our demise as a counter attacking force under Ranieri, we no longer pressed as a team and I suppose that was caused by Slimani playing over Okazaki but Albrighton and Mahrez stopped doing so and without Kante, Amartey and Drinkwater didn't close the spaces high up the pitch.

As someone else said above, Slimani came here at completely the wrong time. I just don't agree he couldn't play with Vardy as they did work well together in patches.

Slim and Vardy started together in one of our best PL performances,  when we beat Man City 4-2. I think the problem was that we were a very tight nit team from the previous year and Slim just didn't fit into it. He didn't learn the language and certainly from the body language, didn't seem to adhere himself to his team mates. Class of personality,  lack of confidence,  in the end it has been a disaster for both parties. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Slim and Vardy started together in one of our best PL performances,  when we beat Man City 4-2. I think the problem was that we were a very tight nit team from the previous year and Slim just didn't fit into it. He didn't learn the language and certainly from the body language, didn't seem to adhere himself to his team mates. Class of personality,  lack of confidence,  in the end it has been a disaster for both parties. 

Close but not quite. Slim's goals helped keep us in the league as they were worth a lot of points. 30 million was a lot but those goals helped stave off relegation/financial disaster. We got about 10 million or so's worth from him on the field.

Slim was always up against it with the price tag but the 2016 signings didn't help. We were all over the shop after 7 or so great years. Seemed to be buying players for the sake of it. 

In fairness a downturn was inevitable after so much brilliance from 09-16.

We got it badly wrong in 2016, N'Didi was a turning point and 2018 is looking like the polar opposite of 2016.

Edited by Blue ROI

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

A lot of what you say is probably true but I remember a number of games they did look very good together but it relied on the whole team executing the ideal game.plan. The pressing issue you mention is what led to our demise as a counter attacking force under Ranieri, we no longer pressed as a team and I suppose that was caused by Slimani playing over Okazaki but Albrighton and Mahrez stopped doing so and without Kante, Amartey and Drinkwater didn't close the spaces high up the pitch.

As someone else said above, Slimani came here at completely the wrong time. I just don't agree he couldn't play with Vardy as they did work well together in patches.

The problem was always going to be to play to Slimani's strengths you'd have to marginalise Vardy and he's just too damn good for that. What was surprising is that Puel, who didn't seem to be a big fan of Vardy, didn't give Slimani more of a go, letting him go on loan to Newcastle was an odd decision. He played well against Huddersfield early January and looked decent while Vardy was out. 

I guess it's just one that wasn't meant to be, joined at an impossible time for a ridiculous fee. 

• Like 1

Guest Cujek
On 29/09/2019 at 12:15, Nicolo Barella said:

Assuming our first 11 is

Schmeichel

Tielemans Ndidi Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

Our B team is

Ward

Praet Hamza Silva

Albrighton Slimani Gray

That b team is better than Newcastle and Watford and would give villa and Norwich a run. 

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

The problem was always going to be to play to Slimani's strengths you'd have to marginalise Vardy and he's just too damn good for that. What was surprising is that Puel, who didn't seem to be a big fan of Vardy, didn't give Slimani more of a go, letting him go on loan to Newcastle was an odd decision. He played well against Huddersfield early January and looked decent while Vardy was out. 

I guess it's just one that wasn't meant to be, joined at an impossible time for a ridiculous fee. 

I think Puel’s main issue with Vardy was his age, as he seemed fixated on replacing all of the older players with kids, even where it didn’t make any sense like putting Gray in Vardy’s place. Slimani is about as old as Vardy so there’s no way he’d be in favour.

5 hours ago, Captain... said:

...perhaps what we are seeing at Monaco is a sign of maturity coming from Slimani!!!

His present performance bears no resemblance of what has gone before at the clubs he has recently played for. The fact that Fenerbahce wanted to send him back and Newcastle not willing to give him time on the pitch, can only point to be luck, that he has found his Goldilocks club.

It seems that there is some revisionism in to Slimanis' time with us, with the onfield disputes with several members of the team and his unwillingness to play balls which he decided was not worth competing for even though he could put pressure on the the opponents back line. He was perceived as lazy, but it really was arrogance on his part, and if you have a unified team working for each other, that attitude is not going to endear you to anyone.

Or maybe, someone has taken him to one side, after his AFCON exhibition regarding the presentation and confirmed to him, that he really can't continue to be an idiot all his life!!!!

2 hours ago, Cujek said:

That b team is better than Newcastle and Watford and would give villa and Norwich a run. 

Nah, Watford would have been fine if they didn't sack Gracia foolishly and escalate their issues. I'll give you Newcastle though, and maybe Villa who have no goalscorer outside one of their midfielders.

12 hours ago, Captain... said:

Vardy isn't too damn good. He is pretty good for BPL and has a good goal ratio, but he isn't that big of a deal if you ask me. Many strikers better than him in the PL. For me the best at City at the moment and the one I enjoy watching play the most is James Maddison for sure.

Edited by Eagle10
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Vardy isn't too damn good. He is pretty good for BPL and has a good goal ratio, but he isn't that big of a deal if you ask me. Many strikers better than him in the PL. For me the best at City at the moment and the one I enjoy watching play the most is James Maddison for sure.

Evening James ........

7 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Is there a competition today for contrary nonsense?

9 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

Image result for troll alert

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

How many Leicester games do you watch as a Sporting CP fan?

40 minutes ago, Eagle10 said:

I feel like your next line may well be "Leicester is Rugby team without Slimani. Slimani wins the hair"!