Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Stadium Expansion...?

17 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

People are allowed to talk about things they are passionate about, this is a forum for discussion. The annoying part is when people like yourself come along and moan that people have strong views about something. For a lot of people, this would improve their matchday experience. If you were someone who was vocal about the food and drink offerings changing, why should I shoot you down for your view. Everyone is entitled to discuss and make their voice heard for the development of the stadium they feel for.

If 10% of STH's want safe standing, that warrants something to be done. If you actually read into it a little more, you might be able to provide a more educated response.

I don't have a problem with people talking about it at all. My point was any thread with even a slight relevance to the issue gets hijacked by a select few who seem intent on having the same conversation over and over again. 

19 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

The catering I think we are stuck with until the end of the contract. 

I know that other stadiums have modernised their offerings - instead of subconracting the whole shebang out to one company, they sub let kiosk or kiosks to different caterers. That is the way forward. It drives quality up and prices down by increasing competition.

We're stuck in the old days with our catering offering. In fact the food and drink was better at Filbert Street 20 years ago (pig roast at the back of the kop!)

Do we know when the end of the contract is? 

1 hour ago, Eskay said:

I spoke to someone last night who is very senior in the company building the new stand.  

Things he mentioned:

- East stand will be developed and total capacity will be just a little over 40k

- out of all the clubs they have ever worked with...he said Top is by far the best person they have ever worked with. Described him as the most humble owner they have ever met. He said he was very sensible too. 

- Top is a lot wealthier than what is known. A lot of assets hidden and out of view but wouldn't be surprised to see the club continue to grow at a huge rate for years to come. 

Sorry if this is all useless info but thought I would share!

So without plans being drawn up and submitted we have a builder? So can he explain how hes quoted for this build. Either the club have lost the plot or someones telling porkies.

You cant get someone to put in a tender without knowing what they are building.

1 minute ago, sylofox said:

So without plans being drawn up and submitted we have a builder? So can he explain how hes quoted for this build. Either the club have lost the plot or someones telling porkies.

perhaps he knocked up the lean to extension on Top's house and so he's given him the contract for the new stadium?

lol

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

I'm sure i read it was a ten year contract signed by Mandaric when we were skint - so can't be too much longer left!

I think you are correct but then I think it was renewed and extended at some point.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sylofox said:

We know that from last year there are numerous plans apart from the KSS design, perhaps things are further along (aside the lengthy planning process) than we think?

2 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Every football stadium or sports event/concert suffers from traffic congestion to some extent, it's not unique to us and to be honest I don't think it's that bad.

If I drive and even if I leave at the final whistle I'm usally back at home in Melton by 6pm - 6.15pm (assuming 3pm kick off, 5pm finish). 

Regarding "premium" season tickets - there are plenty who will pay for them. I don't have a problem providing that entry level "basic" season ticket is priced so it does not price out "real" fans in favour of artisan cheese eating, real ale drinking hipsters like at Spurs.

Thats a sweeping statement, so ''real'' fans are now determined via their income levels? Give over. You can be as much as a fan if you are in a box compared to the cheapest seat in the ground. I think the food and drink at spurs has been quoted as cheaper than were paying currently in a stadium that is not in the same stratosphere as our basic stadium. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Fox in the North said:

We know that from last year there are numerous plans apart from the KSS design, perhaps things are further along (aside the lengthy planning process) than we think?

Still my point stands you quote a price after plans are approved. Huge changes could be made on the final plans to the submitted plans.

On the subject of transport part of the planning approval for the stadium build was a requirement to organise match day P&R.

Despite their best efforts including trying to use County Hall’s car park they never got any going.

But then even the council’s own P&R runs at a loss and is closed in the evening. I think they even stopped the Enderby one from coming past the Royal.

20 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

If the club could invest in some public transport schemes it would help the city in general I feel. Id think a park and ride or rail/ride from somewhere near the motorway would be quite successful. 

Obviously making sure transport runs at logical times is also useful. 

There is already the park and ride near fosse park, enderby, birstall area's isn't there? Surely just tapping into the existing network on a match day direct to near the ground is the best idea. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Thats a sweeping statement, so ''real'' fans are now determined via their income levels? Give over. You can be as much as a fan if you are in a box compared to the cheapest seat in the ground. I think the food and drink at spurs has been quoted as cheaper than were paying currently in a stadium that is not in the same stratosphere as our basic stadium. 

yeah I accept it's a generalisation and sweeping statement. And I totally agree with you that it's not just those buying the cheapest tickets who are the "real" fans.

In the case of Spurs though, ticket prices have been creeping up for years and it has priced a lot of people out. Spurs don't care though, because there are plenty more people willing to pony up £100+ a month for a ticket.

I think it will be really good if we can manage to come up with a pricing structure which allows an entry level price ticket (with no frills, fancy concourse etc) in the sub £500 range with upgrades for those who can afford/want to pay a bit more.

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is already the park and ride near fosse park, enderby, birstall area's isn't there? Surely just tapping into the existing network on a match day direct to near the ground is the best idea. 

The Birstall one would be handy for me, if it ran to the stadium. I suppose with fixtures chopping and changing it is tricky to ensure it's available at the right times. 

Edited by stripeyfox

Just now, stripeyfox said:

yeah I accept it's a generalisation and sweeping statement. And I totally agree with you that it's not just those buying the cheapest tickets who are the "real" fans.

In the case of Spurs though, ticket prices have been creeping up for years and it has priced a lot of people out. Spurs don't care though, because there are plenty more people willing to pony up £100+ a month for a ticket.

I think it will be really good if we can manage to come up with a pricing structure which allows an entry level price ticket (with no frills, fancy concourse etc) in the sub £500 range with upgrades for those who can afford/want to pay a bit more.

Difference being you have Levy at the club compared to Top, it is also a London based club, so they can get a bit more out of fans as by laws of average they will be earning more. 

Off the field Spurs is a well run club commercially which just hasnt transpired to trophies on the pitch, more down to a bit of bad luck and I'm sure it will happen sooner rather than later. We should be copying that model without as you say pricing people out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peach0000 said:

It’s very annoying. This forum seems to have a very vocal few who are obsessed with safe standing and talk about it like it’s the only thing that matters. It gives a very false impression about the popularity of safe standing when in reality there is no such thing as ‘safe’ standing and in surveys done of a wider set of match going fans the idea doesn’t have much support at all. 

Edit: also kind of irrelevant seeming the government still don’t allow it.

What we have now tho is sections of the ground standing in an unsafe manner. Even if you don't have any intention of using it, surely the fact it is safer than standing in front of a seat, with a trip hazard just in front makes it safer than what we currently have.

Just now, Bayfox said:

What we have now tho is sections of the ground standing in an unsafe manner. Even if you don't have any intention of using it, surely the fact it is safer than standing in front of a seat, with a trip hazard just in front makes it safer than what we currently have.

There are some (I have read on other forums) that are against standing in any form, and believe they should be made to sit as it's simply safer to sit than to stand, and then the safe standing issue becomes moot.  It's an opinion I think that's uniquely British...dare I say uniquely English.

1 hour ago, Babylon said:

But to my knowledge they are week day only and close early, so, no use for weekend games and no use for late ko so the club with have to run it and I guess they won't fancy making a loss on it, so it's either pricey to use or there's no benefit if they think if they build a bigger ground people will still come.

And if they leave early, the club have still had their money upfront. Surely unless forced to operate one there has to be a benefit to the club?

5 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

There are some (I have read on other forums) that are against standing in any form, and believe they should be made to sit as it's simply safer to sit than to stand, and then the safe standing issue becomes moot.  It's an opinion I think that's uniquely British...dare I say uniquely English.

It's not going to happen tho is it, the safety council could remove the operating licence or close those sections of the ground. To my knowledge, yet they never have.

And the club long gave up on trying to force people to sit. I guess minimum wage wasn't enough for people to get dogs abuse of drunk people who as soon as backs are turned stand again anyway 

1 hour ago, sylofox said:

Still my point stands you quote a price after plans are approved. Huge changes could be made on the final plans to the submitted plans.

Depends if the club are only paying lip service with this consultation. They could have been speaking to council for 2 years now and pre-application advice is free so they can have as many conversations about 'what is likely to be permitted' as they like. Assuming the external structure is unlikely to change and any amendments are interal or minor you would surely speak to companies to gauge costs, they could well have a preferred bidder in place.

11 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Depends if the club are only paying lip service with this consultation. They could have been speaking to council for 2 years now and pre-application advice is free so they can have as many conversations about 'what is likely to be permitted' as they like. Assuming the external structure is unlikely to change and any amendments are interal or minor you would surely speak to companies to gauge costs, they could well have a preferred bidder in place.

If they are happy with what McLaren are doing up at the Seagrave Training Ground they may already be favourites for the Stadium Expansion bid.

1 hour ago, WarehamFox said:

If they are happy with what McLaren are doing up at the Seagrave Training Ground they may already be favourites for the Stadium Expansion bid.

Apparently the foreman was excellent. Unfortunately he has already left for pastures new.

But from the outside they seem very good, according to the wife.