Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

On 05/03/2020 at 03:47, Gamble92 said:

I remember him being carried off the pitch by the whole squad like it was Henry leaving Arsenal. Think it was last day against Plymouth.

I hate remembering this kind of thing. Im full of useless Leicester trivia. 

He was and yes it was against Plymouth. Remember it being really cringeworthy and then they got him to the edge of the pitch and didn't really know what to do then. So they just put him down and scurried off down the tunnel.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

10 years ago today we beat QPR 4-0 on the way to the play-offs, Waghorn scored a couple of great goals. QPR didn't actually play that badly and it set us up for the five game winning run to finish fifth.

Neil Warnock was suitably abused by the fans.

4 hours ago, davieG said:

The last minute of extra-time 😅

Emile Heskey's late equaliser earned #lcfc a replay in the League Cup final vs. Middlesbrough - #OnThisDay in 1997!

Was working as a DJ in Egypt at the time.

Went to a local Pizza Hut (or similar) to watch the game as they usually showed the PL matches on a Saturday. 

Bloke was fiddling around with the telly for 10 minutes, trying to locate the channel, as kick off loomed and then the bombshell.

"We don't have the channel showing it."

Eventually made a bum-clenching nerve-shredding taxi journey across the centre of Cairo to a hotel showing it.

Went mental on the balcony (overlooking the River Nile) when Heskey's goal went in.

Managed to get home for the replay.

At full time, said to a kid, maybe about 8 or 9, sitting with his dad next to me: "Enjoy the moment, nothing like this will ever happen to us again."

As usual, I was wrong, very wrong.

On 04/03/2020 at 11:55, when_you're_smiling said:

As soon as he kicked that ball from the half way line I was straight up off my seat in the Kop - berating Joey for yet another aimless long ball over the top. :blush:

I remember that Vardy screamer against Liverpool. Whilst watching I could see he was shaping up to shoot and I was shouting NO, HOLD IT U....’ then watched as it flew in the back of the net 🤣🤣

Season 1992/93.

After 3 losses and two draws in 5 matches from the end of January to the end of February, our promotion aspirations were in tatters. After a home win against Birmingham on the 28th of February, we then went on a run of 6 more league wins to make it 7 on the trot. Steve Walsh scored in 5 games on the bounce on this run and in 6 of the 7 games, smashing in 8 goals in those 7 matches. Julian Joachim was I think 18 and also banging in a few goals as we went were going goal crazy, scoring 3 goals a game on six consecutive games. Our run came to a grinding halt away to Bristol Rovers early April but on this day in 1993, we got back to winning ways in front of a bumper 16,611 fans at home to Oxford. 

We fell away over the last 7 league games winning just two of our remaining 7 games, losing 3 including a nice end of season hammering at the hands of Newcastle (7-1) in front of 30,000 screaming Geordies. We managed to squeeze into the play-offs but the rest is a haze. Im still in denial as to what happened in the Play-off final vrs Swindon.

Ah well, I suppose long term no harm done. Whatever happened to Swindon and us since then??!! ;-) 

I love that game. That whole great escape was my favourite period following Leicester. I've never seen a Leicester player who gets in the zone like Vardy does. He reminds me of Gascoigne in the way the game totally takes him over. 

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

April 11th 2015. The first of 4 consecutive away wins against West Brom. Despite what followed such an important victory.

Vardy:scarf:

Still one of my favourite away days and equally celebrations that day for Vardy's winner is also among my favourites.

I was right next to their fans and taunts of "you're going down with the Villa" were painful when they were winning.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Still one of my favourite away days and equally celebrations that day for Vardy's winner is also among my favourites.

I was right next to their fans and taunts of "you're going down with the Villa" were painful when they were winning.

We’re staying up with the villa

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

Five years ago today we beat Swansea 2-0 and survival started to look likely rather than possible/ optimistic.

You can thank me for that. I put 300 quid on Swansea that day.

Oh I also took my daughter who had never seen us lose to her 1st game that season. No idea why I didn't take her earlier in the season.

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

Five years ago today we beat Swansea 2-0 and survival started to look likely rather than possible/ optimistic.

I remember that day cos I had to miss the game due to my youngest having an operation ......just told the missus it’s five years since and she asked how I knew .............. she was strangely unimpressed .........

• Haha 2

League One title.... 11 years, wow, time flies.

Obviously never want us at that level again but it was the first season I was actually proud. Good games and great away days. I remember walking out of Cheltenham thinking wow I've just seen us win 0-4 away from home lol

Superb season.

And the day the club turned around thanks to Pearson. PL promotion would have been earlier if we wouldn't have been **** and forced him out but it's all hindsight and we got there in the end.

:scarf:

Edited by Fox92

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Was meant to be that day. Nugent injured in warm up so Ulloa in and scored opener. Amazing day and great atmosphere :scarf:

D5FBE3F1-0959-4B8D-86B1-E10260A19B14.png