Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 minutes ago, blue blood said:

On 28/11/2019 at 11:15, Tommo220 said:

"IT'S 11, IT'S HEAVEN FOR JAMIE VARDY" is the phrase of the titling winning season for me - still gives me goose bumps now after hearing it 100 times!

:vardy:

This is another piece of commentary that sticks with me from that year.

"He's good enough to get Chelsea twisting and turning, and good enough, great enough to score an outstanding goal"

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

4 years ago today, Robert Huth with THAT header at White Hart Lane.

What a night that was. In the final context of the season, that was a massive result. I mean even if we'd lost, Spurs would probably have bottled it eventually anyway, but that was a real six pointer and we might have felt the hot breath of Spurs a bit more if they'd won that game

16 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

What a night that was. In the final context of the season, that was a massive result. I mean even if we'd lost, Spurs would probably have bottled it eventually anyway, but that was a real six pointer and we might have felt the hot breath of Spurs a bit more if they'd won that game

I remember it well. It seemed like it took forever to get from Fuchs corner to Huth's head and in the goal. Some scenes in the away end.

This was 7 years ago... Few things stuck out... The Friday night game was only watched by less than 9K at the KP mainly due to snow. Jamie Vardy also gave away a penalty at the end and I remember it not helping with him to settle in during his early months at the club 

36 minutes ago, Hitesh said:

This was 7 years ago... Few things stuck out... The Friday night game was only watched by less than 9K at the KP mainly due to snow. Jamie Vardy also gave away a penalty at the end and I remember it not helping with him to settle in during his early months at the club 

So many calls for Vardy to be sold after this game. Apparently he was a liability and useless.

• 2 weeks later...

Each year my Facebook timeline throws up a photo of Taylor swift at the O2 (I took my teenage girls before anyone throws any suggestions which would all be valid in any case)....... but the significance of that date is forever remembering driving down the M11 and hearing Kevin Phillips header going in at Bournemouth ......just .......  six years ago now ! 

• Like 1

On 28/11/2019 at 11:15, Tommo220 said:

"IT'S 11, IT'S HEAVEN FOR JAMIE VARDY" is the phrase of the titling winning season for me - still gives me goose bumps now after hearing it 100 times!

:vardy:

I feel that line felt too rehearsed. A simple Aguerooooo whilst sounding like he's stubbed his toe on the coffee table is far more effective

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

years ago today.

The day many Foxes started to believe...

The match that everyone talks about from our title winning season, I have literally no recollection of it happening or the aftermath of it.

My son went into hospital that morning with pneumonia. He came out the morning of the defeat to Arsenal. 

1 hour ago, davieG said:

years ago today.

The day many Foxes started to believe...

I was on a Uni visit with my daughter the following week (her campus was genuinely the Ethiad Stadium).  We were chatting with one of her soon-to-be lecturers who was a Man City season ticket holder and he said that he had never seen them so comprehensively outplayed.