Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

On 01/05/2020 at 09:58, davieG said:

Manchester United 1️⃣ Leicester City 1️⃣

A historic point for #lcfc at the Theatre of Dreams, #OnThisDay in 2016 🔵

Still one of my favourite away days. I still wish we won the league there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Corky said:

The ground was buzzing that day just after the Pearson ostrich stuff, we score within a minute and cruise home.

April 2015-May 2016 just feels like a total warm daze of a dream. Every game just felt like a huge buzz where anything was possible!

On a slightly less dramatic and worldwide known note, we played our final League One match at Crewe 11 years ago. A 3-0 win taking us to 96 points and a record 14th away win (matched in 2013/14).

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Corky said:

On a slightly less dramatic and worldwide known note, we played our final League One match at Crewe 11 years ago. A 3-0 win taking us to 96 points and a record 14th away win (matched in 2013/14).

11 years just doesn’t sound right does it 😳

34 minutes ago, Corky said:

Remember being there that day. You couldn't even dream what would happen..

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Loved that Crewe match. Our superiority in that league was brilliant. Seem to recall Berner scoring a decent goal that day too.

5 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Another day another trophy 🏆

My main recollections of that trophy presentation was the fans on the pitch. Did they get on the podium before or after the presentation? I remember the crowd playing chase with the stewards after the final whistle. I walked across the pitch afterwards with thousands of others. 

27 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Another day another trophy 🏆

I can never get excited about this, sure it produced some good games and good aways but I was just so glad to get out of that league before anyone noticed we were at our lowest ebb. It was also our lowest ever finish since we entered the Football League in 1894.

5 minutes ago, davieG said:

I can never get excited about this, sure it produced some good games and good aways but I was just so glad to get out of that league before anyone noticed we were at our lowest ebb. It was also our lowest ever finish since we entered the Football League in 1894.

Probably why I enjoyed it so much. A good riddance to the championship for hopefully a long time. Obviously none of us knew what was to happen next and a few months later we all thought Leicester would be returning to the league. 

23 minutes ago, davieG said:

I think you are confused. These were the Championship title celebrations rather than League One.

Edited by UpTheLeagueFox
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I think you are confused. These were the Championship title celebrations rather than League One.

Ah ok thanks it's not the first time I've got dates wrong I guess it won't be the last. To be fair it looks like the same pose as when we won L1.

On 25/04/2020 at 16:57, goody2028 said:

Thousands of us that day,over 10, 000I think

They had to open the chicken run to accommodate us, which was where I ended up. 

I think we just had to win but managed to screw it up. 

What a day that could have been in East London 🙁

On 02/05/2020 at 11:05, Fox92 said:

Still one of my favourite away days. I still wish we won the league there.

Same,Imagine a last minute deflected goal,because that Hope was there until the final whistle ,I remember it pissin it down and I stayed so long afterwards outside the ground that the car park was empty and waiting for me to get back so they could close the gates 😂

Utd fans were applauding us outside and shaking hands.

That was a horrendous journey back to Cambs,but I really didn’t care.

• Like 1

On 01/05/2020 at 11:13, Line-X said:

Apart from the hair pulling incident on Fellani and van Gaal's customary post match bizarre comments (something involving sado-masochism as I recall), one of the most memorable moments of this game for me was a vital challenge from Simpson in Lingard who would have been through on goal 1 - 1 with Kasper. Knowing that he wasn't going to match his pace he positioned his body between Lingard and the ball - excellent timing and a bold move as the last man. The dumb United fans were braying for a straight red - although when Rojo blocked off Marhez we definitely should have been awarded a penalty. Also, Michael Oliver justifiably sent off Drinky for a needless second foul. 

Utd fans were incredibly generous to us all day imo. 

I was near the half way on the dug outs side of the pitch. 

Drinky got a standing ovation from the Stretford end after his sending off and the same end (well over 1/2 of them) stayed and applauded the city team off the pitch as they walked to the corner where the tunnel is. 

There were loads of city fans in the stand I was in and it became more noticeable once the Utd fans were leaving. 

City fans singing, in the away end at the end and our owners walking along side the pitch to applaud them, was a truly special moment 💙💙💙

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, davieG said:

Ah ok thanks it's not the first time I've got dates wrong I guess it won't be the last. To be fair it looks like the same pose as when we won L1.

Except it was dark when we lifted the League 1 trophy :P