Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

OTD in 2014.  Won the league at Bolton.

I see opposition fans arguing over the best Championship team of all time but this is it.

A 21 game unbeaten run

102 points

Nige as gaffer

Nugent 20 goals

Mahrez bought for 400k

:wub:

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 4

I've been trying to find the interview pre-match when Claudio finally announced the league title was our aim. I remember it being quite Churchillian and exactly what was needed to calm us down in the lead up to the Swansea match when we had the wobbles about going into a crucial match without Vardy. The media spent the week pushing Tottnums case and, I think, it was the infamous 'nobodies' quote just before (or was that after the WBA home match?). 

19 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I've been trying to find the interview pre-match when Claudio finally announced the league title was our aim. I remember it being quite Churchillian and exactly what was needed to calm us down in the lead up to the Swansea match when we had the wobbles about going into a crucial match without Vardy. The media spent the week pushing Tottnums case and, I think, it was the infamous 'nobodies' quote just before (or was that after the WBA home match?). 

This one?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

I'm sure there was another one before this. Perhaps the lock down has affected my memory but I'm sure it wasn't a presser as he was sitting in the West Stand. 

Wasn't it on MOTD with Lineker? When he does that separate interview with managers.

47 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Wasn't it on MOTD with Lineker? When he does that separate interview with managers.

They're normally post match, aren't they? This was during the week in the buildup to the Swansea match. It was like a Football Focus format but might've been Sky. Dunno. 

Ulloa was unbelievable that day, load of noise about Vardy being out and Leo says no worries, I'll bag two and put us just about there.

I remember, at 4-0 with about two minutes to go, the ground just standing up and applauding the team for what they'd given. A wonderful moment.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, davieG said:

Manchester United 1️⃣ Leicester City 1️⃣

A historic point for #lcfc at the Theatre of Dreams, #OnThisDay in 2016 🔵

Apart from the hair pulling incident on Fellani and van Gaal's customary post match bizarre comments (something involving sado-masochism as I recall), one of the most memorable moments of this game for me was a vital challenge from Simpson in Lingard who would have been through on goal 1 - 1 with Kasper. Knowing that he wasn't going to match his pace he positioned his body between Lingard and the ball - excellent timing and a bold move as the last man. The dumb United fans were braying for a straight red - although when Rojo blocked off Marhez we definitely should have been awarded a penalty. Also, Michael Oliver justifiably sent off Drinky for a needless second foul. 

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Apart from the hair pulling incident on Fellani and van Gaal's customary post match bizarre comments (something involving sado-masochism as I recall), one of the most memorable moments of this game for me was a vital challenge from Simpson in Lingard who would have been through on goal 1 - 1 with Kasper. Knowing that he wasn't going to match his pace he positioned his body between Lingard and the ball - excellent timing and a bold move as the last man. The dumb United fans were braying for a straight red - although when Rojo blocked off Marhez we definitely should have been awarded a penalty. Also, Michael Oliver justifiably sent off Drinky for a needless second foul. 

I think most people were pulling their hair out, Well I would have been if I had any.

As for the Drinky foul yes was needless but you see them happening many times in many games and they go unpunished or at worst just a free kick.

6 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Why were Charlton playing at Upton Park?

I seem to recall they were homeless for quite some time until they managed to buy back their old ground.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1