Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

55 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

My last ever game for RL. Bittersweet night as we got to Wembley but I knew I'd miss the final.

Parker was an excellent signing for us.

Agree one of my top ten favourite players

12 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

And people doubt that we can fill 40k

I'm not saying we can't, but that was a free day out and there was fans of other clubs who live in the city going down for the party. Bit different to selling tickets at £40 a go, plenty of that 250,000 will have no interest or won't have the money.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

obviously we'd sell out a 40k stadium if tickets were free and every match was a title celebration

We only need 8k extra if 240k Are somewhat interested then an extra 8k wouldn't be too hard now would it

Edited by Fightforever

6 minutes ago, Fightforever said:

We only need 8k extra if 240k Are somewhat interested then an extra 8k wouldn't be too hard now would it

240k were interested in getting on the ale in the sun and watching kasabian and the lads celebrate the biggest sporting story of all time. i know we've not had a match for a few months but from what i can recall, not all our home games are like that. 

1 hour ago, ScouseFox said:

240k were interested in getting on the ale in the sun and watching kasabian and the lads celebrate the biggest sporting story of all time. i know we've not had a match for a few months but from what i can recall, not all our home games are like that. 

I know loads of people who’d want a season ticket when the extension comes around. I’m sure we’d fill 40k, only need 3% of that 240,000 your on about.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

26 years ago today...

Shame I had my car nicked from the Stanmore car park had to get  MrsG, 2 kids and a 70 year old grand dad home. Hot day, long walk, massive bill for the train home. Bastards.

But great win and just look at that team of misfits powered by team spirit and determination after so much disappointment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

26 years ago today...

Great day and a great night. 

Doing the conga all the way back up the M1 on the coach then having a lock in down our local boozer until about 4am :beer:

Happy days :scarf:

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Shame I had my car nicked from the Stanmore car park had to get  MrsG, 2 kids and a 70 year old grand dad home. Hot day, long walk, massive bill for the train home. Bastards.

But great win and just look at that team of misfits powered by team spirit and determination after so much disappointment.

Just imagine how shit that journey would have been if we had lost.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, tom27111 said:

26 years ago today...

26 years later and I still can't work out what Paul Williams was trying to do on the line for the equaliser lol

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2