Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

26 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Thousands of us that day,over 10, 000I think

They had to open the chicken run to accommodate us, which was where I ended up. 

I think we just had to win but managed to screw it up. 

What a day that could have been in East London 🙁

Loads of us there that day but played terribly, fans were brilliant tho 👍

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Except it was dark when we lifted the League 1 trophy :P

Seems I'm always in the dark lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, TK95 said:

part of me does miss the excitement of the Championship. not that I wanna go back down there lol but there was a different type of buzz that you don't get in the Prem

Probably because 50% of PL sides see staying up as a positive and there's been a 'top 6' ceiling (which admittedly, we broke - and Wolves / Sheff Utd were having a good crack before the suspension), whereas in the Championship you'll have 20/24 sides that regard failure to reach the play-offs at a minimum as a bit lacklustre. Feels like more sides have glory to play for in that league, and the 'level' playing field gives it a bit more of an edge. 

Definitely not arsed about returning in a hurry but I still enjoy watching the Nationwide.

Edited by Miquel The Work Geordie
  • Like 2

Today (3 May) is the the birthday of former City keeper Marton Fulop. He would have turned 37 years old today. Enjoyed watching him. Sad that he has gone.

Four years ago the city of Leicester was invaded...thousands of Italians, Thais, and many other nationalities including a fair few Irish descended on the city to be there for coronation day. One Italian in particular mesmerised us all as he took on over 30,000 chanting singing fans and beat them hands down  with his wonderful singing.....the whole world watched in awe as we put on the classiest and best party ever seen for a sporting occasion........what a day of great memories.....Only downside was couldn’t get tickets for the match so had to join thousand of others watching it in local pubs ....🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊   Oh and we absolutely spanked Everton 👍

Edited by irishfoxkev
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Four years ago the city of Leicester was invaded...thousands of Italians, Thais, and many other nationalities including a fair few Irish descended on the city to be there for coronation day. One Italian in particular mesmerised us all as he took on over 30,000 chanting singing fans and beat them hands down  with his wonderful singing.....the whole world watched in awe as we put on the classiest and best party ever seen for a sporting occasion........what a day of great memories.....Only downside was couldn’t get tickets for the match so had to join thousand of others watching it in local pubs ....🦊🦊🦊🦊🦊   Oh and we absolutely spanked Everton 👍

Best day down the City, ever. Won't ever be beaten. Epic. Stuff of legends. 

• Like 3

5 years ago we beat Southampton 2-0 on the way to survival- Mahrez with two early goals. Best news was Hull being beaten which gave us a three point advantage with two matches to go.

Possibly a glimpse of what was to come the next season- we played a solid game after that, soaking up pressure and looking to utilise the counter attack. Southampton were a good team, not in the best form and we won comfortably.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

5 years ago we beat Southampton 2-0 on the way to survival- Mahrez with two early goals. Best news was Hull being beaten which gave us a three point advantage with two matches to go.

Possibly a glimpse of what was to come the next season- we played a solid game after that, soaking up pressure and looking to utilise the counter attack. Southampton were a good team, not in the best form and we won comfortably.

Remember watching the early kick off before going in, didn’t Sunderland get a good result which meant pressure was on as well? Mahrez at his best that day, great result. 

28 minutes ago, pds said:

Screenshot_20200511-150653.png

so many!  my first against Man utd 1968 was obviously a great moment for me as a mere stripling. others that stand out, not necessarily for the football itself, but the final day of the season when Tony James netted late on to keep us in the old second division the atmosphere and jubilation at the final whistle as the news came through from the other games and we were safe also lives on. Arsenal 3-3 of course and the "don't go Martin" game against vs Spurs and Muzzies screamer. All memorable games for different reasons but they are the ones that come to mind immediately for me.

• Like 1

One of the two times I've been on the pitch (Doncaster in 2014 being the other one). Can remember at least two pitch invasions being curtailed straight after the game, then they had the parade of legends before relenting and letting us all on. Took some turf but unfortunately wasn't able to unbolt my orange Family Stand seat.

A memorable day in a terrible season.

4 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

It is ... 

But you soon quickly recovered and got some revenge !

Was watching that last minute or so the other day. Astonishing stuff. Even at the time, putting to one side the fact I was pissed off that we lost, I could appreciate the fact that those 60 seconds sum up everything I love about football. The sheer unpredictability of it. Yes it is infuriating at times, but it's ability to serve up these moments is what sets is apart for me.

Amazing stuff

Happy Deeny Day mate!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Was watching that last minute or so the other day. Astonishing stuff. Even at the time, putting to one side the fact I was pissed off that we lost, I could appreciate the fact that those 60 seconds sum up everything I love about football. The sheer unpredictability of it. Yes it is infuriating at times, but it's ability to serve up these moments is what sets is apart for me.

Amazing stuff

Happy Deeny Day mate!

...and these incidents are not just confined to the 'Sky's Big 6 '

Just in case the media hadn't noticed this.