Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

• 2 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

:vardy:

State of some of the replies though...

Proved him wrong as we're obviously having another freak season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, davieG said:

That goal is so old that when my dad popped round to my flat at uni because he was working nearby, he gave me a DVD that he'd ripped of East Midlands Today sports section that he'd recorded on the DVD recorder because I had no internet and hadn't been able to see the goal. The laptop took 5 minutes to load and that was the ****ing norm.

What a time to be alive that was.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Look how far we’ve come.

You're not allowed to say "look how far we've come" these days, people complain when you do.

Shows a small-time mentality or something.

Shows a bit of perspective for me, but each to their own and all that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Feel dirty for having been so desperate for Joey Gudjonsson to stay around that time. That a club the size of ours was in such a bad state that he was the shining light and our only hope...

Look how far we’ve come.

I remember him being carried off the pitch by the whole squad like it was Henry leaving Arsenal. Think it was last day against Plymouth.

I hate remembering this kind of thing. Im full of useless Leicester trivia. 

13 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

The 5-2 win over Sunderland with Collymore's hat-trick was 20 years ago this very day.

Ugh, I was only 10 at the time but I genuinely believe the Tranmere win and this game were the ones that cemented my mind to follow Leicester more closely. I can't imagine what you lot were like after that day. Collymore & Heskey. Izzet, Lennon, Savage, Elliott, Flowers, Guppy (and the rest.) What a first XI for one game. It must've felt like utter heaven.

51 years ago today, Rodney Fern ('He's here, he's there, he's every effing where is Rodney Fern') scored with a header from a Len Glover cross in City's 6th. Round FA Cup 1-0 win away to Mansfield Town. Five days earlier, one of City's greatest ever wins took place at Anfield, when an Andy Lochhead goal gave us a 1-0 win in a 5th. Round replay against mighty Liverpool. Peter Shilton saved a Tommy Smith penalty in that game. We went on to beat West Brom 1-0 in the Semi-Final at Hillsborough, with a late Allan Clarke goal, but the season went downhill from that point onwards....

Edited by String fellow