Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

11 hours ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Wonder what's he is doing now?

Haven't seen him at the stadium for some time.

He’s busy running the AFDA Academy with Walsh

https://mobile.twitter.com/AFDAcademy.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Muzzie06

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Love that Izzet goal.

Love the heakey one for the fact he's so close to goal but still goes top bins.

As for the muzzy one :wub: probably said before but the limbs in sk1 after that :scarf: I took the now wife to about her 2nd game. Knocked her clean off her feet I ended up about 8 rows down, came back to someone picking her up off her arse. No idea why she married me lol

Edited by Bayfox
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

WReYiXmv?format=jpg&name=small

#OnThisDay in 1957, the first-ever match under floodlights took place at Filbert Street - a prestige friendly fixture against Borussia Dortmund

Have mentioned it a few times in the past, but what a sorry state the location is where Filbert Street used to be.

Such a mess.

4 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Have mentioned it a few times in the past, but what a sorry state the location is where Filbert Street used to be.

Such a mess.

The alleys between the houses were great for parking your bike in as I did 10 years after this was taken.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
8 minutes ago, davieG said:

Blimey 21 years ago!!!

Muzzy Izzet with a moment of magic in this win against Leeds - #OnThisDay 2⃣1⃣ years ago!

As a kid growing up, Muzzy was phenomenal but it wasn't until we didn't have anyone of his calibre anymore did I realise how special he actually was. 

So after about 15-20 years of having players not fit to lace such a gifted mans boots... That we now possess 2, possibly 3 such talented creative midfielders is such a blessing.

• Like 3

We'd waited an age for us to get six. For years we stopped at four then eventually we managed to get that elusive fifth. At 5-0 we were just hoping to add one more and it arrived. Then we managed to hit six again six weeks later.

And it produced this- 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, urban.spaceman said:

Who could have guessed it would get better than this?!

This was fantastic. Ipswich had been our bogey team for so many years before that, having to play them used to make me think about the Rugby instead, for a bit. It was that bad. 

And then we bought Nugent who has that odd gift of scoring against his old clubs and I became strangely hopeful, and suddenly it seemed like the curse was finally broken and we have smashed them ever since. 

• 2 weeks later...