Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

On 28/02/2019 at 00:39, SouthStandUpperTier said:

10 years ago today. I can remember driving home from work, listening to the grainy Radio Leicester coverage, and nearly drove off the road celebrating when Maxi curled in this last-gasp equaliser. Must've been about 7 or 8 minutes into stoppage time (which MK Dons weren't happy about).

I was driving from Nuneaton hospital to Winchester. Left as the game kicked off, and was filling up with fuel in Winchester when we equalised. Got a few funny looks as I ran around the forecourt cheering. Happy days.

• Like 1

Six years ago today we lost 2-0 at Barnsley. It should've been 6-0, we were that rotten. Comfortably the worst performance in a run of awful matches against average to poor Championship teams.

I honestly thought Pearson was finished after the game.

6 hours ago, Corky said:

Six years ago today we lost 2-0 at Barnsley. It should've been 6-0, we were that rotten. Comfortably the worst performance in a run of awful matches against average to poor Championship teams.

I honestly thought Pearson was finished after the game.

and 3 years later we were PL Champs. What an incredible ride we have been part of:scarf:

• 2 weeks later...
On 28/02/2019 at 00:39, SouthStandUpperTier said:

10 years ago today. I can remember driving home from work, listening to the grainy Radio Leicester coverage, and nearly drove off the road celebrating when Maxi curled in this last-gasp equaliser. Must've been about 7 or 8 minutes into stoppage time (which MK Dons weren't happy about).

Gradel is 32 in 6 months time... how is that possible lol

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, davieG said:

Leicester City Football Club
1 hr · 
Leicester City lifted the League Cup #OnThisDay 22 years ago! ?

My dad always told me the story of him listening to the replay on the radio with me when I was seven. We celebrated so much thinking Heskey's shot went in that it took him a few minutes to realise it was still 0-0. Those celebrations, that unbridled joy. Watch it all below because some legend uploaded the match in full...

Leicester City Football Club

2 hrs · 

? Sunday 17 April, 2016
️ 95th minute 
? Leicester City 1 
⚒ West Ham 2

Up steps Leonardo Ulloa.

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

That Ulloa penalty, like the late winner against Norwich, were such massive moments.

Did a solid job for us overall, seemed a decent bloke too.

Not to mention his brace vs Swansea when Vardy was suspended. The media were desperate to whip up some pressure and a title fight and Ulloa took bodies.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corky said:

And five years ago today we clinched the Championship with a 1-0 win at Bolton, Lloyd Dyer's right foot strike!