Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

Buxton was cold that night. I left the pub at half time and then my phone started buzzing with goals and messages. Felt numb and elated and a hundred other conflicting things. 

I now wish I'd gambled and driven to Leicester. But the day after, I came to teach in the very Chesterfield school I'm in now (where Harry Maguire attended) wearing my home top, and it felt glorious. And to be honest, it still does and always will. 

• Like 3

I only watched the second half.

At the final whistle I was numb. (not my usual reaction to winning).  My son was screaming the house down, but I was trying to grasp the enormity of what had happened. I think I was in medical shock. My phone was exploding with texts of congratulations from non-Leicester friends.

Then , so overcome with emotion and of following Leicester for over 50 years,  I just wept uncontrollably!  :cry:

I watched the whole match in my front room...stood up for the second half as I couldn't sit down!

There was a sonic boom that went over Yorkshire during the second half which people text me about asking if it was me celebrating.

Was too full of emotions so just ended up going to bed pretty much straight after it as I felt the urge to lay down in the dark haha

Convinced it was going to the Everton game, and due to being out for the Man Utd game the day before and it being a school night I watched the game at home having a few beers.

My only regret is not being in town or going into town afterwards.

Guest Markyblue
7 hours ago, st albans fox said:

So it’s ‘happy spurs bottled it day’ or ‘happy spurs imploded at the bridge day’ or in truth ‘happy we won the league day’ because spurs really weren’t in it 

I bet every single one of you remembers where you were 3 years ago to the day at a quarter to ten in the evening ..... 

On my living room floor in tears.

I remember thinking that I wanted us to win it infront of our own fans against Everton, but when Spurs went 2 up I felt absolutely sick. 

Wish I could relive it all again. Seriously special night  

Edited by Goober

I was at home turned my phone off hoping not to see anything until full time then when hazard scored my neighbour went mental ?? then had to turn my phone on and seen it was 2-2 and had to keep checking for the last few mins that felt a lot longer than it was 

At home, watching on sky with neighbor. After much leaping about and running round the coffee table when hazard scored it was nails bitten down to the knuckles until the final whistle.  Only regret is the amont of wine we had drank during the match precluding us from driving down to the KP.  Will never forget the images from the "vardy party" on the news

Driving randomly around Leicestershire/Nottinghamshire in silence. Arrived back home on the full time whistle.

Went to drive to the ground, got to the road at the side of Morrisons and couldn't move for an hour due to sheer volume of people. Was tempted to abandon the car.

7 hours ago, FrankieADZ said:

ive the premier league years thing that sky does, but nothing like documentaries and stuff

would also like some more if anyone has links etc

7 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I lost a lot of my saved footage from our title win, does anyone know of where I can obtain copies or access to the various documentaries that were made on us? In the mood to watch a couple today!!

STORIES LIKE THESE, MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

I have the half hour show with the birch and another short documentary recorded on my hard drive (must make a back up copy in case it goes wrong !!).  Just had to sit and watch them the other day. I did buy the official DVD but was a bit disappointed as it was really just a collection of goals from the matches with none of the background stuff and didn't capture the atmosphere and growing belief etc..  I just wish I had recorded all the MOTD stuff when Vardy was going for the record and the can they can't they win it debates, footage of the away end after crystal palace when it suddenly seemed to hit everyone that this was really, really on and nobody wanted to leave the ground and sang were gonna win league non stop for 20 minutes or more, so that I could stitch it all together. Even maybe add in a few bits of RL commentary/forum discussions, local news items (Claudio taking them for Pizza, the Vardy lookalike chap, blue sausages and all that stuff that was going on.  It would make a brilliant piece as it was about much more than just the games.

Try this

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=the+birch+lcfc+title+u+tube&view=detail&mid=9750DA15E4679E85BC159750DA15E4679E85BC15&FORM=VIRE

(I am away on hols for next couple of weeks or so but if anyone is interested in a copy of the birch stuff PM me and I will see if I can copy it across on a DVD or post it somewhere)

Watched it at home with my brother and wife. When the final whistle went, the elation was indescribable and I just ran around the house and into the garden screaming in ecstasy. Having received a load of texts from well wishers I then FaceTimed my son in America who was in tears of joy. I stayed up watching Sky news until the early hours then went to buy champagne, beer, celebratory snacks and all the newspapers the next morning.

What a time that was to be alive. It still resonates to this day. And I guess it always will.

Walked up the Saff to the KP at the final whistle. People leaning out of cars, flags & scarves waving, horns blaring - madness!

Then went up town & joined the crowds at the clock tower. 

Was struck by the variety of people celebrating - not just your usual football fan type - seemed like every demographic in Leicester was out there going daft.

A unique moment for a unique city.

Watched it at Stamford Bridge, was right behind Hazard as he let fly. 

Was to the left of the dugouts as it all kicked off near the tunnel. 

Leicester flag was out of my pocket and up in the Chelsea end and their fans loved it. 

Not sure there's a more intense rivalry in English football at the moment than those two. 

Happy anniversary all??

I went round to my then girlfriends house in Luton where I was living at the time. Said I didn't want to watch the Chelsea game, I'd see the score once it had finished. 

Had a sneaky peek at my phone and saw it was 2-0, then checked again and Cahill had scored. Whipped out the laptop, got the game on straight away!

Went absolutely batshit crazy when Hazard scored, she just stared at me, not quite understanding what was going on!

On the final whistle, I expected tears, but they didn't come.  They do now looking back at it!

I went into the garden, lit a cigar and drank the house dry.

It didn't sink in for a long time.

I remember wearing that season's white shirt a lot whilst I walked around Luton, had cars hooting at me, waving and shouting "Leicester". 

One of my favourite moments from down there was when I got off the train at Luton station, wearing my city shirt, it might have been the day we played Man Utd away, but there were loads of Arsenal fans getting on the train to go down to the Emirates.

One of them looked at my shirt and said "What the fvck are you wearing?" I looked him dead in the eye and said "Championship winning material". 

The look on his face was priceless. Even other Arsenal fans were laughing at him. 

Guess you had to be there lol

Watched it in local pub in small village of Ratoath county Meath just north of Dublin with group of other Leicester fans who live in the area. Lots of freebie drinks from others in the pub but as I’ve said before what struck me most that night was the global reaction. Within 5 minutes of final whistle I had messages from friends as far away as Japan,Dubai, East and West coast USA and Canada...seems like the whole world was supporting us that night ?? Meeting some of the same crowd on Monday to watch us beat Man City ???

1. More

A record-breaking campaign came to a close #OnThisDay in 2014 as #lcfc lifted the Championship trophy at King Power Stadium! ?

0:01

2. More

Total points ✔️ Overall league wins ✔️ Consecutive league wins ✔️ A series of club records were broken! ?

D5oWul6WkAAwxMW.jpg