Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

On 22/04/2019 at 18:46, davieG said:

Up there with one of my favourite ever aways this. Limbs when Dyer scored with his right- more for the fact he didn't fluff a shot with his right than us becoming champions

On 08/03/2019 at 13:53, urban fox said:

You will not see 7 finer goals in one game. Collymore's second is probably the best headed goal I have ever witnessed. There was more power in it than many can muster in a shot. Seriously believed this was the dawn of something special until Heskey left for 'pool, Stan broke his leg and was then frozen out by Taylor after MON left.

Yes,!! I reckon we all knew,it was a roll of the dice moment,with real ifs and buts opinions with hard decision that would ask &  set up our club's destiny

. We all believed a new era lay before us..it all hinged on MON descision, he stays then maybe  we can persuade...

and deliver in long term a truely a great team with a Linked backbone of..

MON,Heskey,Lennon, Izzet & Colleymore...but it just imploded!!!

I really believe it they had stayed together,their paths & careers would have made history..for club and themselves,especially Colleymores!!!

55 minutes ago, mikey54 said:

Anybody go to the game? Cried my eyes out :(

2924D1BA-4D8F-4448-9B8F-2774D0A7574F.jpeg

Yes I was there and cried the whole way home.....It hurt more than relegation that year for some reason.

its the reason why I am probably in a minority on this site in wanting Liverpool to win the league.....never forgiven Man City for this ?

Mind you, we were so use to getting the Wembley FA cup finals (3 in that decade alone) that most fans probably thought we'd be in another very soon.

Half a century later and the best we have done is 2 FA cup semis (74 and 82).

50 years of hurt...never stopped me dreaming.

• Like 2

On ‎26‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 15:28, ultrafox said:

Mind you, we were so use to getting the Wembley FA cup finals (3 in that decade alone) that most fans probably thought we'd be in another very soon.

Half a century later and the best we have done is 2 FA cup semis (74 and 82).

50 years of hurt...never stopped me dreaming.

Winning the league was a dream come true and a one-off miracle but for me it was always the FA cup that was the thing I most wanted to see us win. We always seemed to have decent cup runs back in the day and there was a certain buzz of excitement around the first weekend in January when the third round kicked off and we were wondering if maybe, just maybe this would be the year.  We still hold the record as the team that has played in the most finals without ever actually winning it.  next year?

• Like 1

So it’s ‘happy spurs bottled it day’ or ‘happy spurs imploded at the bridge day’ or in truth ‘happy we won the league day’ because spurs really weren’t in it 

I bet every single one of you remembers where you were 3 years ago to the day at a quarter to ten in the evening ..... 

Edited by st albans fox

35 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

So it’s ‘happy spurs bottled it day’ or ‘happy spurs imploded at the bridge day’ or in truth ‘happy we won the league day’ because spurs really weren’t in it 

I bet every single one of you remembers where you were 3 years ago to the day at a quarter to ten in the evening ..... 

... I can't remember where I was yesterday evening at a quarter to ten never mind 3 years ago! 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Can’t believe it’s alredy 3 years ! I was in a local pub celebrating with about 20/30 City fans. Wish I’d jumped into a taxi and gone into Leicester to continue the party. Amazing memories 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

or Happy Eden Hazard Day but its all guff as we would have won it the next week anyway,

still feels strange(as i never expected it ever in my life) but wonderful even now seeing pictures from that Monday night when we was confirmed Champions

On 26 April 2019 at 14:22, mikey54 said:

Anybody go to the game? Cried my eyes out :(

2924D1BA-4D8F-4448-9B8F-2774D0A7574F.jpeg

I was 14 and couldn't get a ticket. They issued vouchers at a couple of reserve games & then drew the lucky numbers in The Mercury.

I missed out. Really rankled, that.

Heartbreaking game - Rodrigues & Lochhead both missed sitters.

A dagger to the heart, and yes it still hurts.

Remember Dave Nish's tears on the open-top bus parade from the station to Filbert St to welcome them back despite the defeat.

Sad stuff.

I lost a lot of my saved footage from our title win, does anyone know of where I can obtain copies or access to the various documentaries that were made on us? In the mood to watch a couple today!!

STORIES LIKE THESE, MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I lost a lot of my saved footage from our title win, does anyone know of where I can obtain copies or access to the various documentaries that were made on us? In the mood to watch a couple today!!

STORIES LIKE THESE, MAY NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN

ive the premier league years thing that sky does, but nothing like documentaries and stuff

would also like some more if anyone has links etc

• Like 1

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Sat on my own in a computer lab at uni, finishing my dissertation (literally finished like 5 minutes before Hazards goal) with the match streaming in a second window, and Mark Selby winning the World Championship in another.

Happy Anniversary.

It was bank holiday Monday was it not?

I remember sitting down with my son (who was then 8) to watch the game. The missus cleared off to bed - I was both disgusted (that she didn't consider it important enough to watch) but pleased that at least she wouldn't talk through it!

As Spurs were 2-0 up My mind was already on Everton thinking we'd have to wrap it up on Saturday instead, but as soon as Cahill scored, we knew it was game on! Spurs players capitulated, lost their cool. They really let their manager down that night.

Wonderful moments for me at the final whistle. Getting messages from friends of other teams and even non football fans congratulating us. Think I sat up until about 1 in the morning just trying to digest it all!

Great memories

• Like 3