Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

Things Maddison has to do to get in the England team

Unless it is afriendly agaisnt someone like Andorra he's unlikely to play. Southgate clearly doesn't rate him or trust him. Sadly if he was playing for one of the so-called big six he'd be straight in the side.

Probably also needs to think less about creating chances and more about sideways passing, that is after all the strength of the England midfield.

That’s the best performance he’s had in a Leicester shirt. Ran the show once we got going! Finishing is the element he needs to add to his game and today he was clinical in the moment we needed him most. 

Probably goes to Man U at the end of the season for 90m but he’ll have done well for us. I feel like this boy is becoming a man on the pitch with performances like that one. 

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That’s the best performance he’s had in a Leicester shirt. Ran the show once we got going! Finishing is the element he needs to add to his game and today he was clinical in the moment we needed him most. 

Probably goes to Man U at the end of the season for 90m but he’ll have done well for us. I feel like this boy is becoming a man on the pitch with performances like that one. 

Problem is we’re never going to stay in the top 6 if we keep selling our best players to direct rivals.

1 minute ago, Shane said:

Problem is we’re never going to stay in the top 6 if we keep selling our best players to direct rivals.

Of course we all know this. But I think if you had a 10 year plan for the club then we are probably still at the stage where one big name leaves for ridiculous money every season. As long as it’s just one and we replace appropriately it will be ok as it can be reinvested into the team. Praet played as a 10 at Anderlecht and an 8 at Sampdoria for example and it could well be another Maguire / Soyuncu situation. 

Obviously I hope we keep all of our players. Have we got any players that are dislikable? Gray and Nacho get a rough deal on here but that’s for performances not personality. As an example if I was a Man U fan I’d find it extremely difficult to get behind Lingard or Pogba!

That was a big game and huge moment for Maddison. He was lively throughout but getting a great goal at 1-1 in a high profile game for his team will make a big statement. Nothing against his goals last season- they were all crucial- but this type of thing is what he needed.

On 13/09/2019 at 04:40, Aus Fox said:

If Henderson was here, he’d be one of the first names on the team sheet. The man is a European Cup winning captain.

He gets a lot of stick, but I’d say he has the best football brain in the League. If he played in Spain or Italy he’d be raved about, but in England the simplicity of the game is often ignored- hence why we never win anything!

He would absolutely be my England captain.

What you been smoking?