Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Luton Town (A) pre match

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

But we weren't exactly playing flowing first class football in the starting 11, that passes down into the rest of the squad.

This is a whole new set up of coaching, with a more attacking play style and a much happier camp.

The team last time contained several players we've gotten rid of this time around. Don't expect the team to play with the same lack of class as last time.

I never expect our team to play less than 100%. 

But the fact Luton could line up against a team they fancy beating, rather than a team they'll be very wary of, will give them lots of confidence.

The team v Newport contained, among others, Morgan, Albrighton, Simpson, Okazaki, & Iheanacho. All P/L players who've played in a P/L winning team. Yes, some have gone, but they were experienced players, with supposed class.

1 hour ago, KingsX said:

Aah, the Benzoic era.  Dominated by that towering beast that, once it sheds its immature green-ringed coat, becomes a fast and deadly creature of a bluish hue, which no predator can trouble.

For that alone he has to be included surely 😂 . I have now altered his name accordingly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

But the fact Luton could line up against a team they fancy beating, rather than a team they'll be very wary of, will give them lots of confidence.

The team v Newport contained, among others, Morgan, Albrighton, Simpson, Okazaki, & Iheanacho. All P/L players who've played in a P/L winning team. Yes, some have gone, but they were experienced players, with supposed class.

Supported by James, who was coming back into games and almost dropped into it. Morgan had been having a poor year, as has Okazaki. Fuchs also looked past it. 

We had 'winners' in that team, but a low squad morale with none of them in any form. 

This season we have form, an apparently happy squad who are all pulling together. 

We also have so much more depth in the middle to utilise. Praet and Hamza is considerably better than James and Hamza of last year

13 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I'm just amazed posters on here have such short memories!

Last season, Puel was absolutely lambasted on here because he fielded second string players (which included several P/L winners). Now people want us to put out another sub standard side against a team much much better than Newport County!

And now they also want to include a team full of players who haven't played a single first team minute all season. Ye gods...it's beyond belief!

We don't play Newcastle until next Sunday afternoon. There is ample time for players to recover. Obviously if players have niggles they should be rested, but if not they should play.

As for Luton, they'll be buzzing if they see our side full of players who haven't played a minute this season. A real chance to put out a P/L side.

I can't understand why our fans don't want to win this. A cup win would guarantee Europe whatever our league position, and will bring further prestige to the club. We have a real chance this season, with so many clubs giving priority to the P/L or Europe.

I'm sure most fans remember it well including me. I have more faith in our overall squad and management than apparently you however. Do you envisage Vardy for example playing every league and cup game until the end of the season without issue? I admire your optimism if so but perhaps not your man management skills. I will go with whatever Rodgers deems fit for this game and if it goes tits up I for one won't lambast him.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Supported by James, who was coming back into games and almost dropped into it. Morgan had been having a poor year, as has Okazaki. Fuchs also looked past it. 

We had 'winners' in that team, but a low squad morale with none of them in any form. 

This season we have form, an apparently happy squad who are all pulling together. 

We also have so much more depth in the middle to utilise. Praet and Hamza is considerably better than James and Hamza of last year

Very true points.

If we do play a second string team a lose, remember I was one who recommended against it!

If we play a second string team and win, I'll bow my head to the posters who have called me out!

Let's just hope we win and win well.

4 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'm sure most fans remember it well including me. I have more faith in our overall squad and management than apparently you however. Do you envisage Vardy for example playing every league and cup game until the end of the season without issue? I admire your optimism if so but perhaps not your man management skills. I will go with whatever Rodgers deems fit for this game and if it goes tits up I for one won't lambast him.

As I've just replied to UniFox:

If we do play a second string team a lose, remember I was one who recommended against it!

If we play a second string team and win, I'll bow my head to the posters who have called me out!

(I can guarantee they'll be plenty of posters on here lambasting BR if we lose with a second string team!)

Edited by ThaiFox

4 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

As I've just replied to UniFox:

(I can guarantee they'll be plenty of posters on here lambasting BR if we lose with a second string team!)

Our 'second string' squad this evening will consist of players who are on the borderline of starting in the 11 every week and then a couple who are reserves. That team last season was literally fresh youngers and players who had played 0 minutes at all. I blamed the players last season and if we don't win tonight I'll blame the players again. Puel never took any cups serious, even when we got into the quarters.

18 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Very true points.

If we lose playing a second team, then feel free to @ me and I'll hold my hands up. 

But I genuinely believe this game is a great chance to play the likes of Justin, Praet and Nacho. 

6 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Our 'second string' squad this evening will consist of players who are on the borderline of starting in the 11 every week and then a couple who are reserves. That team last season was literally fresh youngers and players who had played 0 minutes at all. I blamed the players last season and if we don't win tonight I'll blame the players again. Puel never took any cups serious, even when we got into the quarters.

Just for the record, the team v Newport was:

Ward.

Simpson

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs.

Choudhury

James

Ghezzal

Albrighton

Okazaki

Iheanacho

Subs who played were Gray, King and Maddison

That's 10 P/L winners? And Puel got lambasted on here for not playing Vardy.

All I'm trying to say is if we want to show intent to win trophies, we should be playing our strongest team. We have far less matches than last season's top 7 so there is no reason players need resting, unless they are injured.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Just for the record, the team v Newport was:

Ward.

Simpson

Morgan

Evans

Fuchs.

Choudhury

James

Ghezzal

Albrighton

Okazaki

Iheanacho

Subs who played were Gray, King and Maddison

That's 10 P/L winners? And Puel got lambasted on here for not playing Vardy.

All I'm trying to say is if we want to show intent to win trophies, we should be playing our strongest team. We have far less matches than last season's top 7 so there is no reason players need resting, unless they are injured.

The main issue with that team was James in midfield, they walked through him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Don't scape goat James.

Wes had a poor game, Fuchs was slow and was got at down the wing.  Okazaki was fairly toothless up top. 

No one had a good game.

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Exactly my point!

People want a team tonight where several players haven't played a single minute, or only a few minutes, and expect us to win, like Armarty, JJ, Gray, Iheanacho, Ward, and Benkovic. 

That team v Newport should have been far to good for a league two team. And we lost.....with 10 P/L winning players in the team!

43 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Problem with the Newport side is that Puel was the Gaffer. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Luton are 21st in the championship and just got ruined 3-0 by Hull at home. Not a lot of confidence to go around atm.

3 minutes ago, l444ry said:

Problem with the Newport side is that Puel was the Gaffer. 

I would have expected a team with 10 P/L winning players to beat league two Newport even if Saddam Hussain was our manager that day!

But again, because Puel picked a few fringe players and we lost he was lambasted for not taking a cup seriously. Surely you don't want that to happen tonight? Surely you want us to at least try and win these trophies? Or am I the only one on here that cares?

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The main issue was literally everyone over the age of 30 in that game, their combined energy and passion was close to zero. Plus James, he didn't help. 

7 or 8 of the 14 players used were under 30 v Newport.

Although I agree the players were terrible in that game.

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Luton are 21st in the championship and just got ruined 3-0 by Hull at home. Not a lot of confidence to go around atm.

Too often we let these kind of teams hang around long enough to build confidence in themselves. 

Edited by Detroit Blues
  • Like 1