Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Luton Town (A) pre match

1 hour ago, Phube said:

Call me a sentimental old sausage but I’d like to see Justin get a game. 

Also maybe try Perez up along with Vardy in a classic 4-4-2 (with Maddison injured/rested).

Kaspar/Ward - either is good

Justin - sentimental

Soyuncu 

Morgan/Benkovic - Evans is too old to play too often!

Chilly/Fuchs - either is good

Barnes - see him as an out and out winger

Tielemans 

Praet - no need for fully blown CDM

Albrighton/Gray

Perez

Vardy

This I'd Bring Hamza in for Tielmans and Nacho for Vardy though maybe start Albright and Gray over Perez

6 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

This feels like a Justin, Fuchs, hamza, gray  albrighton, perez kinda game. Not because they are poor and should be taken lightly. Because these players are either fringe or needing the minutes and mist certainly up to the task.

We can actually make a pretty strong second team.

Ward

Fuchs

Morgan

Benkovic (if not injured)

Justin

Mendy

Hamza

Praet

Gray

Albrighton

Nacho

Would have a fairly good chance of avoiding relegation, that.

• Like 1

.. I know we want to take this cup seriously but there is a lot of overkill in the team sheets posted. 

We need to take a look at the fringe players, Praet, Albrighton etc and it would be interesting, if Barnes was pushed into the ten role, in order to recapture his performance for WBA and to spark his game. I would imagine that there is some frustration with his role at the moment, as it seemed he had a free role on loan and we are limiting him to a specific task. 

Every game he does not score I imagine he must feel like he is going backwards. 

We played a strong team last time, and it is no guarantee of success, if their mindset, is not, what it should be. The fact that there is good competition within the squad, should be enough, to push the players on the fringe, to earn a spot in the first team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

That's a tad too strong.... Nacho for Vardy and Gray for Perez.

I want Perez starting this game, represents a good chance for him to get his first competitive goal. I could just about tolerate Iheanacho in providing he's match fit and Vardy was on the bench, I just have nightmares of Newport to be honest and want the game won before we gamble but @Nicolo Barella made a good point on the last page about our selection there.

I do want Justin and Praet starting this as well.

I'd take changes but not to the point there's a risk of us losing the tie. Lot more confident for this after the weekends results tbh, theirs is a shocker and I think they'll likely make changes themselves.

• Like 1

Surely Albrighton has to start this one. He was immense in pre season and yet has hardly had a look in so far. Rodgers will eventually realise, like all before him, that we are a better side with Albrighton in it and he needs to be match fit when he is eventually called back into the starting eleven where he belongs

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Surely Albrighton has to start this one. He was immense in pre season and yet has hardly had a look in so far. Rodgers will eventually realise, like all before him, that we are a better side with Albrighton in it and he needs to be match fit when he is eventually called back into the starting eleven where he belongs

i have to agree but thats only because of poor recruitment in a winger once again in the summer.  Perez is not a winger so Albrighton is our best choice out wide if you have a fairly attacking one on the other side in Barnes!

In regards to formation/lineup and playing "squad" players.

If we change too much, then there is no rhythm, players coming in will have never played with each other. It may still be enough for Luton but it's not a given (see Newport FA Cup!).

I think 3 to 4 changes max. Play Justin, Fuchs, Albrighton, Praet and Choudhury (of which 4 have regularly played with the team anyway, so no major change). But don't play a complete fresh squad.

Judging by the Newcastle game in R2, I doubt Brendan will change much from Saturday. This game suits Vardy, so he is a must, don't even think about resting him.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

These have some bite to 'em, so we'll need some graft rather than just relying on class. Definitely an Albrighton game on that basis, Praet looks the business playing high intensity and I hope and pray that Perez gets stuck in and does the Okazaki job he was signed to do.

We'd be foolish not to play a few first teamers, but agree that some of our fringe players need a run out. Play Morgan for this, but I don't even see Fuchs in for Chilwell as a fringe move, because he did of course start the season for us, and did very well at that. 

Otherwise, with the exception of bringing in Nacho for Vardy, not really fringe players rather than our bench options in a starting role please. Wouldn't be against having an academy lad like Leshabela getting a run out from the bench, but we have enough first 18 players itching for game time to put out a strong squad for this one without going as far as to call it "second string".

Ward

Justin     Morgan     Soyuncu     Fuchs

Choudhury

Albrighton              Praet                      Gray

Perez

Iheanacho

• Thanks 1