Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Luton Town (A) pre match

On 21/09/2019 at 16:28, WigstonWanderer said:

If Maddison is unfit for next weekend, I’d be interested to see Barnes playing in the number 10 role.

the second team are more than capable of dispatching luton. 

maybe include tielemans for match fitness as he seems to be a bit off the pace at the moment.

52 minutes ago, LCCFox96 said:

Like others have said, I can see a fair bit of rotation to the usual side today. Probably the right approach as we have good players who need game time and some of our first teamers have played a lot of minutes so far and were out on their feet at full time on Saturday. Resting the likes of Ricardo, Ndidi, Maddison and Vardy is probably a smart move. I'd like to see Benkovic play but think Soyuncu might start again

Ward

Justin    Morgan    Soyuncu/Benkovic   Fuchs

Hamza

Albrighton     Praet      Perez       Gray 

Iheanacho

Probably what I would go for as well... 

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Don't understand this 'knackered against Newcastle' shout. Because we really struggled in our last game after a strong cup side didn't we?

if it was the fa cup fair enough its the league cup man, we should be resting as many first teamers as possible as the league is the main priority and possibly an fa cup.

Edited by whoareyaaa

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

if it was the fa cup fair enough its the league cup man, we should be resting as many first teamers as possible as the league is the main priority and possibly an fa cup.

It doesn't make a difference what cup it is, we want to win every game. Look what happened at Newport last season? Look what happens to so many big teams in cups when they take the p1ss.

There are 5 days until Newcastle, rest is not an issue. I am all for a few changes, but changing more than half the team with people who have played next to 0 minutes this season would be ridiculous. Yes, on paper we should still win. I'd rather play a strong side and be 3-0 up at 55 minutes and then bring 3 players off to "rest" for Sunday and give 3 others a chance to get game time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, volpeazzurro said:

And then when we look knackered against Newcastle and don't get three points there'll be much whining on here.

There are so many good reasons not to play a full first 11 that for me outways the above. 

1. Freshness for Newcastle of certainly Vardy, Ricardo , Evans and Maddison at least.

2. Certain squad players need game time both to rightlfully give them a chance to prove themselves but also get them match ready in case required through injury. Praet particularly springs to mind and maybe see what Perez or Iheanacho can achieve in the main strikers role.

3. Experience required if fit for Benzoic and Justin.

Absolutely no disrespect whatsoever for Luton but if we can't beat them with certain squad members being included we really don't deserve to go any further. As for the team against Newport, it should have been more than adequate and was more about will to win, apathy and lack of application. Fortunately some of those are no longer with us. If squad players who come in showed similar it would help Rodgers  case to get rid. I suspect however that anyone coming in at this moment in time will be gagging to impress.

This is a myth. Based on this, Wolves should have been terrible when we played them first game of the season.

Certainly Maddison should get a rest as he has a knock. The others are all fit as far as I am aware and so should be starting. This game is made for Vardy, would be stupid to not start him. By all means bring him off at HT if we are 3-0 up.

really interesting to see what Brendan does with the side.  he went strong at st james park ………. if he goes strong again tonight then what happens to players like mendy, kelechi and JJ who we may need at some point in case of injury ….. how motivated will they be if they only see themselves as fill ins in case of emergency ?  of course, the personal management of BR may well mean that these guys are fully on board with his plans ….perhaps where other managers have been lacking  ??

No point in playing the first team when he fringe players all need a run out! Yes I know it could be a banana skin and we end up getting a draw or lose.

But at the end of the day if our second team is not good enough we need to know plus everyone of them need to be given a chance to show what they can do.

Edited by grumpy old git

8 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

This is a myth. Based on this, Wolves should have been terrible when we played them first game of the season.

Certainly Maddison should get a rest as he has a knock. The others are all fit as far as I am aware and so should be starting. This game is made for Vardy, would be stupid to not start him. By all means bring him off at HT if we are 3-0 up.

Wolves have been terrible this season. You know why? Consistently playing their first team players midweek... Obviously we don't have their load but it's not just about now, it's also about the rest of the season

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KIRBYFOX93 said:

the second team are more than capable of dispatching luton. 

maybe include tielemans for match fitness as he seems to be a bit off the pace at the moment.

He needs to lose a few pounds. Notice his weight has crept up since last year. Playing for Belgium he looked tubby and coasted through the match.

1 hour ago, whoareyaaa said:

If that was the case we should've just thrown the last round though.

I've even said I'd make changes but I don't want any jeopardy of going through. I'd sooner get it won then get the subs on.

Justin, Praet and Perez must all start.