Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

Walk for Vichai. Burnley game.

12 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I worry about this walk. How many will turn out if it’ll be a damp squib 

Last years was off the cuff, spontaneous, and emotionally raw for all concerned 

I’d hate for the turn out not to be the same, which I don’t think it will be

Well it's got a decent support on Facebook. And only way we're going to make it as good as last year is for everyone to rally the troops and turn up in force. 

It's for charity, everyone loved it last year! The organisers have spent a lot of time sorting it with the correct services and council's etc. 

It's important we do everything we can to support it. I'll be traveling up from Devon. As soon as I heard it was on, made sure I was sorted to go. Even though my wifey ain't best pleased haha. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
29 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

I worry about this walk. How many will turn out if it’ll be a damp squib 

Last years was off the cuff, spontaneous, and emotionally raw for all concerned 

I’d hate for the turn out not to be the same, which I don’t think it will be

There will be plenty attending,  day of a game . 

Might be an unpopular opinion, but would rather chant the normal/a new song for Vichai rather than this walk which may dwindle down in popularity/attendance over time.

That walk last year was massive and great; and think fans should just leave this idea considering it was a very emotional time and the turn out may well never be beaten due to the tragic event just a few weeks before that walk.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Wymeswold fox said:

Might be an unpopular opinion, but would rather chant the normal/a new song for Vichai rather than this walk which may dwindle down in popularity/attendance over time.

That walk last year was massive and great; and think fans should just leave this idea considering it was a very emotional time and the turn out may well never be beaten due to the tragic event just a few weeks before that walk.

That’s basically what I was trying to say

Be very sad if in time the numbers dwindled to a 100 or so 

2 hours ago, sylofox said:

If it kicks off big time you will need council/ police permission to do it.

They already do have permission this year. Walk has been routed and police presence sorted. Club have helped sort things out too. 

It'll get a good turnout, loads of support on Facebook and only walking from town to the game. Just altogether. So not out of people's way really. It'll still be big. Maybe not so much as last year, but the point is to raise money for charity. 

Edited by Foxhateram

• 2 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Bert said:

Just freaks me out this game is against Burnley again

Me too. Strange how things have come in line since these owners have taken over. It genuinely does feel like we're blessed in some way. Obviously losing Vichai is a hugely sad event, but it has brought the city together and the way Top has taken to the thrown has been phenomenal. I feel like Vichai is looking down over us and making more stars align for us. 

RIP VICHAI. LET YOUR DREAM COME TRUE AGAIN AND AGAIN. 

• Like 2

Guest Markyblue
12 hours ago, Gerard said:

I've given up my ST for the game and I'll be walking in London for a People's Vote. I'll do a few strides for Vichai.

Think we have had a people's vote 3 years ago pal.