Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Foxhateram

Walk for Vichai. Burnley game.

13 hours ago, Foxhateram said:

Guys for goodness sake. You're all moaning about it not going to be as good as last year. Yet you sabotage an attempt to make it as good as we can. This needs our support. 

Let's share far and wide! And make this an amazing event!!

I think you need to wind it in a bit mate, to be honest. There are some absolute imbeciles in this thread turning to divisive politics, and yes they are shameful and of no help.

Yet there's no need to tar those who are airing legitimate concerns as "sabotaging" the event. This kind of hysteria isn't going to do anyone any good, and only put people off more. People are right to be concerned that this may dwindle over the years, but no-one has said that it shouldn't be done. I'm sure it'll be another well populated event. I was there for it last year. After the walk I decided it wasn't for me, and that I wouldn't get anything from doing it again, but many many others found it a great way to mark the occasion. and if they want to come back they will.

Keep promoting in the ways you did before. Focus on that, not attacking the people who have the temerity not to hold the same view on this as yourself or to raise some concerns about the longevity of the occasion.

• Like 3

unfortunately will be somewhere on the M5 on my back from half term holiday in Cornwall but my thoughts will be with those making the effort around 1:15pm. Was at the march last year although did not have a ticket for the match itself and found it very uplifting. Hope it goes well and the weather is a bit better this time around

8 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I think you need to wind it in a bit mate, to be honest. There are some absolute imbeciles in this thread turning to divisive politics, and yes they are shameful and of no help.

Yet there's no need to tar those who are airing legitimate concerns as "sabotaging" the event. This kind of hysteria isn't going to do anyone any good, and only put people off more. People are right to be concerned that this may dwindle over the years, but no-one has said that it shouldn't be done. I'm sure it'll be another well populated event. I was there for it last year. After the walk I decided it wasn't for me, and that I wouldn't get anything from doing it again, but many many others found it a great way to mark the occasion. and if they want to come back they will.

Keep promoting in the ways you did before. Focus on that, not attacking the people who have the temerity not to hold the same view on this as yourself or to raise some concerns about the longevity of the occasion.

I sincerely apologise if it came across like that. It wasn't intentional. Was just feeling really frustrated that some people needlessly crashed a genuine thread that is trying to make sure this event is as good as it can be. 

Apologies again if I offended anyone. 

• Like 1

Did the walk last year, very emotional day all round. 

Booked a holiday in Gran Canaria for the half term (in Bedfordshire) holidays. 

Gutted I won't be there but will try and find a bar to watch the game and raise a glass or 2 to our beloved Vichai 💙💙💙