Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

a good all round performance against a poor Newcastle. So much to be pleased with from the simplicity of the opener to the accuracy of Albrightons cross fot Vardys goal  was a joy to behold.  Perez deserves a mention for the quick pass he played on for Ricardo and Vardy pulling the CBs out of the center.

Wilfs touch has improved beyond all recognition, Not alone his tackling but his passing, He really is developing into the complete midfielder.

Barnes is improving with every game and providing the balance to the left while also providing a real Goal threat.

Vardy is clearly enjoying his football again under BR. BR deserves credit for the way he's willing to change the team around. He's beginning to know what hes has now in the squad.

The ultimate test awaits against Liverpool on Saturday.  If we can get something from that game we really can start believing of top 6.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

The ultimate test awaits against Liverpool on Saturday.  If we can get something from that game we really can start believing of top 6.

You are behind the times, Skybet already quoting have us odds on for the top 6, get a win at Anfield people will start dreaming the impossible, and believing in fairytales.

Edited by treer

13 hours ago, foxy boxing said:

We all thought this team was good enough to give teams a good thrashing, hopefully the first of many we'll give this season. We just look so good going forward with a steller defence base.onnwards and upwards.

5 goals, but it wasn't just the amount of goals that was imressive but the play in general was frankly tremendous and worthy of a top 3 team, which we are.

10 minutes ago, treer said:

You are behind the times, Skybet already quoting have us odds on for the top 6, get a win at Anfield people will start dreaming the impossible, and believing in fairytales.

Funnily my Family tell me that all the time. Would these be the same Bookies that quoted us at 5000 to 1 in 2015.

There is no such thing as a sure thing in Football, It's all on the day.

Even a win on Saturday will only be another 3 points and further indication of how good our Team is developing.

While it would give us huge bragging rights it's still a long way from next May with a lot of football still to be played.

If anyone knows how to get a win at Anfield it's Brendan, and no better time to play them after they have another European game.

I felt this game was an acid test to see how far we've really come. We've always got that extra gear against the bigger teams and can beat anyone on our day but it's games like these which have been a constant thorn in our side.

The way we've completely dispatched a team who put 11 (later 10) men behind the ball is very pleasing. If we are to finish in the European places, we have to keep winning these type of matches 

Enjoyed that, yes we were against ten men for a half but we were in control before that and I think we'd have still won without conceding against 11 but you can only beat what is in front of you and we did emphatically. I was really pleased we put the game to bed early in the second half, the longer it stays 1-0, they put Carroll on, a few set-pieces and you never know but those two quick goals finished it and we could play out the match comfortably.

Ricardo was fantastic, really impressed with Praet, Barnes was direct and Vardy as clinical as ever. Just need Perez to get his first goal now but he certainly did a decent job.

Helps the goal difference, puts us in a great position early on and we can go to Liverpool with confidence and spirits high.

20 minutes ago, TK95 said:

I felt this game was an acid test to see how far we've really come. We've always got that extra gear against the bigger teams and can beat anyone on our day but it's games like these which have been a constant thorn in our side.

The way we've completely dispatched a team who put 11 (later 10) men behind the ball is very pleasing. If we are to finish in the European places, we have to keep winning these type of matches 

I agree completely. We usually hold our own against the top sides but then we drop stupid points against the dross like we played yesterday. If we can start putting the cloggers to the sword and pick up another 10 or so points across the season in the process, we'll be in pole position to gatecrash the top 6 party. :scarf:

• Like 1

Liverpool fans are genuinely seeing us as their most difficult match so far. We have nothing to fear. The result against Newcastle was fantastic, our next game is really a free hit. Brendan should hopefully have learnt something against Man Utd. Of course we need to be respectful of Liverpool, but I think if we have a go at them we could get something from the game. 

• Like 1

Not sure that many noticed the difference between yesterday’s sideways passing and what we saw last year ........ yesterday’s passes were far sharper and less dallying around on the ball -  I wondered if the back four had done extra work on ball control to cope with the faster inbound speed...... anyway, this quicker passing exposes the opposition flanks faster and creates more one on ones ..........  it also wears out their players ...... nice to see us doing it after watching us chase the ball for so many years against the top sides 

• Like 2

Just now, LC/FC said:

If Morgan retires... Which would leave Evans, Soy and Benko. 3CB probably isn't enough. So he'd be 4th CB. 

I'd hope we'd promote from the youth or sign a young championship defender for that purpose, not a 26 year old who I imagine would be wanting to play every week, be it as Premier League level or Championship. He won't want to be 4th choice.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'd hope we'd promote from the youth or sign a young championship defender for that purpose, not a 26 year old who I imagine would be wanting to play every week, be it as Premier League level or Championship. He won't want to be 4th choice.

Well... You know the last time we bought a defender from a relegated team who was in his mid 20s and wanted game time every week... We then sold for 80 million quid. 

:dunno:

13 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Well... You know the last time we bought a defender from a relegated team who was in his mid 20s and wanted game time every week... We then sold for 80 million quid. 

:dunno:

We signed Maguire because we genuinely thought he'd improve us, and our whole back line was in it's mid 30's. He was signed to play. We have young two centre backs and Evans is early 30's, all of which he isn't an improvement on, so unless someone is being shipped out, he's not coming here to play each week and therefore unlikely to be sold for £80m in a couple of years.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

We signed Maguire because we genuinely thought he'd improve us, and our whole back line was in it's mid 30's. He was signed to play. We have young two centre backs and Evans is early 30's, all of which he isn't an improvement on, so unless someone is being shipped out, he's not coming here to play each week and therefore unlikely to be sold for £80m in a couple of years.

If you'd have read a previous reply, I said buy him for his leadership qualities as the reason why I wouldn't be against having him. 

I know people in this day and age like to retort to every single thing and question every opinion and suggestion to satisfy their own sodding ego and thought pattern but reading compression would be nice. 

I said if Morgan goes, which is the requirement, I would not be against signing Lascelles.

Not sign him up for the sake of it. 

Purely based on his leadership and captain qualities shown for Newcastle yesterday. Leadership qualities such as that isn't something that is easy to find in the modern game. And it would never hurt the dressing room to have another character of that nature.

Now as much as you'd probably prefer a young CB or a cheap prospect from the Championship, this as you said is from your imagination that he wouldn't be wanting to come here and settle for 4th choice.

But if I were to also put in my own hypothetical imagination here... Newcastle is relegated, so they are now indeed Championship and we've hit top 4 with one of the most exciting teams currently in the Premier League... What's not to like about that destination. 

What is the risk in buying a CB on the cheap from a relegated team, whi is captain material and has Premier league experience? Still mid 20s with lots if years to give and was at the heart of a Rafa defense machine?

Lastly, it isn't the point that we sold Harry for 80 million... It's that we bought him from a relegated team because we thought he could do a job for us and get better as a player. Which he did.

80 million was just Man Utd being Man Utd. 

And as for improving us... He had 1 good debut season for us and since then we've been saying he's been our worst defender last season and we've mugged Man Utd off with the wrong CB. 

So for one last time for those that need to wake up properly because it's Monday. 

I would not be against the signing of Lascelles...

For Morgan, if and when Morgan goes...

As he could be on the cheap from a relegated team...

As he has top leadership skill...

And would be on the cheap... 

And still young enough to improve...

Has Premier League experience... 

And because having just 3 CB in Evans, Soyunchu and Benkovic... Isn't enough. 

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

If Morgan retires... Which would leave Evans, Soy and Benko. 3CB probably isn't enough. So he'd be 4th CB. 

So we splash out on a Newcastle regular (say 35M) to be our 4th choice CB?  I can think of better ways to spend out transfer Kitty and hopefully Rudders feels the same.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

If you'd have read a previous reply, I said buy him for his leadership qualities as the reason why I wouldn't be against having him. 

I know people in this day and age like to retort to every single thing and question every opinion and suggestion to satisfy their own sodding ego and thought pattern but reading compression would be nice. 

I said if Morgan goes, which is the requirement, I would not be against signing Lascelles.

Purely based on his leadership and captain qualities shown for Newcastle yesterday. Leadership qualities such as that isn't something that is easy to find in the modern game. And it would never hurt the dressing room to have another character of that nature.

Now as much as you'd probably prefer a young CB or a cheap prospect from the Championship, this as you said is from your imagination that he wouldn't be wanting to come here and settle for 4th choice.

But if I were to also put in my own hypothetical imagination here... Newcastle is relegated, so they are now indeed Championship and we've hit top 4 with one of the most exciting teams currently in the Premier League... What's not to like about that destination. 

What is the risk in buying a CB on the cheap from a relegated team, whi is captain material and has Premier league experience? Still mid 20s with lots if years to give and was at the heart of a Rafa defense machine?

Lastly, it isn't the point that we sold Harry for 80 million... It's that we bought him from a relegated team because we thought he could do a job for us and get better as a player. Which he did.

And as for improving us... He had 1 good debut season for us and since then we've been saying he's been our worst defender last season and we've mugged Man Utd off with the wrong CB. 

So for one last time for those that need to wake up properly because it's Monday. 

I wasn't involved in the early conversation, so why would I have seen the original post? lol It wasn't even in the quote sequence, I had to go into your profile to check your posting history to find it. So chill out lol and stop throwing accusations of egotism around.

I'm at work, so can't reply in detail to the rest.

Just now, mozartfox said:

So we splash out on a Newcastle regular (say 35M) to be our 4th choice CB?  I can think of better ways to spend out transfer Kitty and hopefully Rudders feels the same.

Yeah... Relegated Newcastle. 

So as much as they had us with Ayoze they're still in the Prem currently. 

But I doubt that a relegated Newcastle would have the same position of strength they did in that deal. 

Flash Sale is the Mike Ashley way. 

How you got 35 million though? 

37 minutes ago, LC/FC said:

Don’t feel hard done by, this is FoxesTalk after all, you post, you get shot at. It’s fox eats fox in here, but I love it. 

Incidentally I 100% get your rational and you make a persuasive argument - but it’s bollocks mind. 😀

I’d  rather have Ake as 4th choice :ph34r:

Edited by ARM1968
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I wasn't involved in the early conversation, so why would I have seen the original post? lol It wasn't even in the quote sequence, I had to go into your profile to check your posting history to find it. So chill out lol and stop throwing accusations of egotism around.

I'm at work, so can't reply in detail to the rest.

Well if you hadn't seen the original post and followed the conversation then apologies.

But with my conspiracy cap on, you'd have had to seen some part of it to know we were talking about Lascelles, as I didn't mention him by name in the replies after.

:ph34r:

Just now, ARM1968 said:

Don’t feel hard done by, this is FoxesTalk after all, you post, you get shot at. It’s fox eats fox in here, but I love it. 

Incidentally I 100% get your rational and you make a persuasive argument - but it’s bollocks mind. 😀

Mid rather have Ake as 4th choice :ph34r:

I'm not... 

Just subbed to the subreddit of r/quityourbullshit too much lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Well if you hadn't seen the original post and followed the conversation then apologies.

But with my conspiracy cap on, you'd have had to seen some part of it to know we were talking about Lascelles, as I didn't mention him by name in the replies after.

:ph34r:

15 hours ago, LC/FC said:

If Morgan retires, I wouldn't be against signing Lascelles as his replacement... 

Tbf you say it here, with no mention of leadership, and that post isn't quoting anything so I had no idea about the previous post :D