Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

20 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

You high bruv? 😂

No, little tipsy... but still, as a probable 4th choice defender and potentially on the mega cheap from a relegated Newcastle, just for the leadership qualities shown today it'd be worth a punt to add depth to the bench if Morgan retires or goes. 

• Like 1

We are just a joy to watch. We are a legit side this season. I really think even top 4 is attainable based on this early start. Games like that have been our achilles heel and we've absolutely destroyed them in a style you would expect from only the absolute top sides.

I felt like we coasted a bit in the early games but we've lived up to our billing massively in the last two in-particular. The place is a fortress again and teams will not relish coming away here. 6 wins in 9 under Rodgers at home.

I make that the first time I've ever seen us win 5-0.

• Like 3

you can only play  what's in  front of you, and that was an absolute shower of dross in  newcastle shirts today. Just awful.

A typical  steve bruce team,  bereft of skill, quality, and guile.

Unlike soton, we played exactly as you should against a team  with  10 men, constantly switching play  from side to side and players hugging the touchline to  create space.

It may seem churlish to complain after a 5-0, but chilwell was, apart from the cross that went to  ndidi for the goal,  absolute gash.

every ball in hit the first defender or was overhit out of play, his free kick hit somebody's midriff.

Over on the other side ricardo gave a masterclass of how to play the attacking fullback role.

I thought Praet was outstanding, Vardy's run  that opened up  the space for Ricardo's shot was superb.

Vardy made intelligent runs all  game and was rewarded with  2 goals even if the first was lucky.

albrighton's peach of a cross for vardy's second (he did more in 5 minutes than chilwell did the entire game) was sublime.

thought perez was solid if unspectacular, still not convinced.

soyuncu was a rock, who needs maguire?

i still think  Liverpool are going to  bring us down to  earth. hold on to your hats!

Edited by Swiss_tony
  • Thanks 1

Watching them yesterday makes you appreciate just how good we've got it. We can act like spoilt brats at time but we're one of the best run clubs in Europe with some really talented players and a very good manager. Newcastle by contrast seem to be on a downward spiral and only Ashley selling the club will make their fans happy. They've let Benitez go and replaced him with a dinosaur which to me looks like Ashley's way of sticking it to the fans. I have no fondness for Newcastle but I do feel a little bit sorry for their fans. Could've quite easily been us with Dodgy owners

2 hours ago, Swiss_tony said:

you can only play  what's in  front of you, and that was an absolute shower of dross in  newcastle shirts today. Just awful.

A typical  steve bruce team,  bereft of skill, quality, and guile.

Unlike soton, we played exactly as you should against a team  with  10 men, constantly switching play  from side to side and players hugging the touchline to  create space.

It may seem churlish to complain after a 5-0, but chilwell was, apart from the cross that went to  ndidi for the goal,  absolute gash.

every ball in hit the first defender or was overhit out of play, his free kick hit somebody's midriff.

Over on the other side ricardo gave a masterclass of how to play the attacking fullback role.

I thought Praet was outstanding, Vardy's run  that opened up  the space for Ricardo's shot was superb.

Vardy made intelligent runs all  game and was rewarded with  2 goals even if the first was lucky.

albrighton's peach of a cross for vardy's second (he did more in 5 minutes than chilwell did the entire game) was sublime.

thought perez was solid if unspectacular, still not convinced.

soyuncu was a rock, who needs maguire?

i still think  Liverpool are going to  bring us down to  earth. hold on to your hats!

Vardy's reading of the game was outstanding yesterday. We know he presses hard and gives defenders little rest, but it sometimes goes unnoticed but his off the ball movements  is as important as his goals. In the first few minutes (when Perez should have scored) he knew he was in an offside position, so immediately gestured to made sure Barnes didn't pass to him.

He really is a top, top striker and just seems to be getting better.  

So glad he gave England up. It'll probably prolong his career for another year or two. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Pete from the USA said:

Am I hallucinating or are we only two points off Man City now? 

!!!!

5 hours ago, brucey said:

We’ve been 2 points off Man City for.. quite a while now, matched their last 5 results exactly (WWLWW) 

If we had played against Man Utd like we did yesterday, we'd be above Man City.

Still gutted with that result. No way would we have lost to a dire Man Utd team if we'd played like yesterday. They were just as poor as Newcastle were. However, maybe it's a good thing we lost to them if it's changed BR's way of thinking that we are far better than that.

It just shows that setting us up positively, with intent from the start, is a far better ploy that two defensive midfielders, no width, and Maddison operating from the left wing.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

Vardy's reading of the game was outstanding yesterday. We know he presses hard and gives defenders little rest, but it sometimes goes unnoticed but his off the ball movements  is as important as his goals. In the first few minutes (when Perez should have scored) he knew he was in an offside position, so immediately gestured to made sure Barnes didn't pass to him.

He really is a top, top striker and just seems to be getting better.  

So glad he gave England up. It'll probably prolong his career for another year or two. 

Vards is a top top player (In a harry redknapp voice). Its sometimes the players around him who aren't on the same wavelength. Even earlier games in the season vards was making loads of really clever runs into space but nobody spotted them. Imo he is world class.

• Like 1