Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

27 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes and Chilwell linked up better today, especially before the red

Well said, I'd forgotten about that in the aftermath of such a dominant display. They were great first half, just really wish Barnes could become more clinical for us, that ripper at the end of the first half would have hit the net if he was a league below. Really think he's still not 100% at ease with being in the top division but I've no doubt he will be unreal for us in the next 18 months.

• Like 3

Absolutely loved that. Outclassed Newcastle all over the field, they barely got a sniff throughout the 90 minutes. Don't think I've seen that degree of control from a Leicester side in a very long time.

Whilst we were brilliant, the scary thing is I don't think we were playing at our maximum. Had we clicked more often in attack, I genuinely think it could have been 7/8. Exciting times 🦊

Well that was fun :D

Some great performances, but as a few have mentioned what was so impressive was the way we pressed the ball.  Every time Newcastle were in possession a swarm of Leicester players were around the play area giving them no time on the ball and most of the time we were winning it back.  We were still doing this to the very end as well.

That was honestly one of the most one sided premier league games I've seen. We were immense today. 

But, you have to feel for the Newcastle fans. Their team showed little to no intensity or drive at all. Lascelles had the honest review on that performance in his interview, he genuinely looked astonished at how little fight they had in them.

Bruce has a huge job on his hands. For how long it'll be in his hands we'll see

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sishades said:

If they can go and win at Annfield (steady) then we must be title contenders......(runs and hides behind sofa )

On the back of this post, i felt compelled to send the following text to a client who is a liverpool season ticket holder.

"Genuine question. How do you feel about playing us next week? Exciting for me. 3rd would be ace but if we can beat you at your place (and i am open to the possibility now) then its time to believe we could be contenders."

"Ps. Fully understand newcastle are dog shit though 🤣"

Damn you hope and optimism and damn you @sishades 🤣🤘

Shits getting real

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

On the back of this post, i felt compelled to send the following text to a client who is a liverpool season ticket holder.

"Genuine question. How do you feel about playing us next week? Exciting for me. 3rd would be ace but if we can beat you at your place (and i am open to the possibility now) then its time to believe we could be contenders."

"Ps. Fully understand newcastle are dog shit though 🤣"

Damn you hope and optimism and damn you @sishades 🤣🤘

Shits getting real

Weird to quote yourself but the reply is in and i reckon he's rattled. 🤣

"I'll feel happier if Maddison doesn't make it.  I think it could be a great game of football, our front 3 need to remember their shooting boots! "

Little does he realise we were actually better today without him.

Obviously they are liverpool and today was dog shit united but it was definitely nice to see and praet could be the answer instead of the turgid shit we playes with 2 dm's. (Or maybe the tempo was just right now?)

Ooohhhh excited.

3 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Don't think I've interviewed Andy Carroll before today.

Was surprised just how honest he was.

Pulled no punches.

Rarely get players coming out and saying stuff like this.

Always respect players for coming out and saying how it was rather than trying to toe the line. 

Today's performance from them was almost impossible to hide or cover up with fancy words.

As has been mentioned, Lascelles gave a brutally honest review of the team in his Sky interview. Refreshing to see 

Edited by UniFox21

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Always respect players for coming out and saying how it was rather than trying to toe the line. 

Today's performance from them was almost impossible to hide or cover up with fancy words.

It's usually along the lines of: "We'll work hard on the training ground and dust ourselves down and go again."

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Surely you'd remember if you'd interviewed Andy Carroll before?

You'd think so but I've been doing this for so many years I genuinely can't remember #OldAgeProblems 

• Like 1