Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

29 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

Also N'didi is as good at winning the ball back as anyone we've ever had and yes that includes Kante. 

I think we have finally found the closest that we could to Kante. Like his predecessor, Wilf always seems to get a foot in to make a tackle or interception. He’s not as good at driving forward and passing but that will come. Mind you Kante would not have scored the goal that he did today or the one at Chelsea

• Like 1

Just now, 49er said:

I think we have finally found the closest that we could to Kante. Like his predecessor, Wilf always seems to get a foot in to make a tackle or interception. He’s not as good at driving forward and passing but that will come. Mind you Kante would not have scored the goal that he did today or the one at Chelsea

Dillinger Escape Plan?

1 minute ago, Merchant_Banker said:

I was just listening to the end of the post-match commentary on Sky Sports. Graeme Souness started a sentence with 'You have to remember this is Leicester we are talking about...'. I was expecting some 'little Leicester' comment, but he finished by saying ' there were a lot of managers who would have wanted this job before Brendan Rodgers was hired.' It looks like we are being taken seriously now, will we be able to live up to the new expectation level?

Around Europe this club is seen as very promising project by those “in the know”. The two things that go against us are that the owners are seen as being a bit trigger happy (which I disagree with) and that because of the title win you can never please the fans. 

Rodgers I think was an ideal choice. He’s got the arrogance to think he’s an elite coach and hungry to prove it! I also think he’s learnt from the past and toned himself down a bit from his earlier days. Will be interesting to see how far he takes us and how long he stays. One thing we have in our favour is that we don’t have history compared to others. Klopp is great but there’s some way to go before toppling Shakly! At Leicester you have the potential to build a club in your own image and become a legend. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, supero76 said:

Graham souness is such a dreary git, I can't believe he has a job as a top pundit, he barely gave us any credit

He doesn't like us that's why, and if Liverpool beat us next week he would probably say we have no chance even getting into the top 6, o the other hand if we get something from the game I hope he will be left with egg on his face, the miserable git, 

Brilliant! We’re looking so good.

It was a game I went into confident about but apprehensive as it’s the type of game we’ve been known to struggle in but we controlled it from start to finish. Very classy.

Newcastle were shocking but take nothing away from us, in the past we’d have struggled to get a grip of that type of game even as poor as Newcastle were.

Ricardo MOTM.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, nettle said:

Souness is a miserable old arsehole, let's hope we go to Liverpool and give them a game.

When my old Dad worked at British Gas East Midlands HQ in De Montfort Street in the 70s he knew a Division One referee....

This referee said that Souness was the most hated player in football...

Constantly swearing and mouthing off etc - they all hated him.

Edited by theadmans
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, 49er said:

Kante was so good we needed 2 to replace him, ndidi has the tackling side locked down and pereira the driving forward

We played that like a top team today. Previous years we would have just seen that out, or struggled to break them down. Admittedly they threw the towel in, but the likes of Arsenal, Liverpool, Manchester City put these games to bed ruthlessly. Today we did that, and we need to do it consistently. But that was an outrageous second half display. It could have been much more as well. Kasper has nothing to do! Let’s go and rock the boat at Anfield next week :scarf:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, theadmans said:

When my old Dad worked at British Gas East Midlands HQ in  De Montfort Street in the 70s he knew a Division One referee....

This referee said that Sounness was the most hated player in football...

Constantly swearing and mouthing off etc - they all hated him.

Souness is one of the dirtiest players I have ever seen. Dreadful bone crunching fouls, but he always got away with nothing more than a quiet word from the ref

11 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

The famous qualitee and intensitee we had in spades today.

5-0 victory without Maddison and 3rd in the table. What a time to be alive.

:vardy:

Let’s be honest, we haven’t even got out of third gear. More to come from the likes of Tielemans, Madders, Perez and Barnes. Already played most of the so- called big teams and seventh placed Wolves

• Like 1