Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Barnes and Chilwell linked up better today, especially before the red

They have a much better understanding now. There's much more to come and I'm excited to see Barnes on the wing, doing better than Perez at the moment but I could see Albrighton coming back into the fold.

11 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

I can't agree this is yellow. Yes, he won the ball but the follow-through is still dangerous. There's a bit of flex going on there. 

0F3A76AE-6CBB-4160-AC0E-C9780C6174FB.jpeg

To be fair, I've just been on their fan site and they're pretty much all agreed it's a red too. Very few complaints from them.

Horrific challenge.

9 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

That’s a leg breaker defo a red it looked bad in real time.

It was a terrible tackle, right enough. Could've broke his leg. 

There's no intent and he won the ball, on the other hand. 

I can see the argument for yellow without the benefit of a replay. Probably correct in this instance though. 

23 minutes ago, Mickey O'Neil said:

I can't agree this is yellow. Yes, he won the ball but the follow-through is still dangerous. There's a bit of flex going on there. 

0F3A76AE-6CBB-4160-AC0E-C9780C6174FB.jpeg

What's funny about this is all the Newcastle fans saying Praet 'bottled' the challenge and made it look worse. Hayden went straight over the ball and on another day snaps his leg.

Yet when Hamza went in with a strong tackle against Richie, Hamza is potentially ending his career with a challenge. Yet this tackle genuinely could end a career in the majority of cases. Hypocrisy at its finest 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

What's funny about this is all the Newcastle fans saying Praet 'bottled' the challenge and made it look worse. Hayden went straight over the ball and on another day snaps his leg.

Yet when Hamza went in with a strong tackle against Richie, Hamza is potentially ending his career with a challenge. Yet this tackle genuinely could end a career in the majority of cases. Hypocrisy at its finest 

Here's Hamza's tackle again. No comparison IMO. Hamza makes a fair and safe challenge for the ball but Ritchie plants his own leg in the way at the last second - he'd been flying late into challenges all game. Hamza went in studs down, one-footed.

What both these challenges prove is that Newcastle are extremely indisciplined and I'm a tiny bit biased. :ph34r:

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, urban.spaceman said:

Here's Hamza's tackle again. No comparison IMO. Hamza makes a fair and safe challenge for the ball but Ritchie plants his own leg in the way at the last second - he'd been flying late into challenges all game. Hamza went in studs down, one-footed.

What both these challenges prove is that Newcastle are extremely indisciplined and I'm a tiny bit biased. :ph34r:

Yet Hamza was "career ending"... 

Highlights exactly that, Newcastle were erratic in the tackle and seemed to lose their heads and focus for most of the game. 

Interesting post. Shows we were mainly an attacking threat, and set up as such. Tielemans stepped into the Maddison role and stayed near to Vardy for much of the game with Praet coming in with some really nice link up play. 

The Perez position  (17) is an issue for me. He really should be almost in line with Barnes and Vardy, pushing the defence back. Feel if he began to stay in those areas, whilst keeping his workrate etc he'd get into better scoring positions 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yet Hamza was "career ending"... 

Highlights exactly that, Newcastle were erratic in the tackle and seemed to lose their heads and focus for most of the game. 

There was so much lazy reporting with Hamza's tackle. The lack of extra angles did it no favours either. Making Hamza a scapegoat because he had one previous in the U21s instead of laying the blame at Ritchie was just too easy.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sishades said:

Just got back from the chippy. I asked that my cod was battered. Its now wearing a black and white shirt.

Newcastle's trophy room was burgled whilst our match was on and was completely emptied.

Police are looking for a man with a black and white carpet.

37 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Interesting post. Shows we were mainly an attacking threat, and set up as such. Tielemans stepped into the Maddison role and stayed near to Vardy for much of the game with Praet coming in with some really nice link up play. 

The Perez position  (17) is an issue for me. He really should be almost in line with Barnes and Vardy, pushing the defence back. Feel if he began to stay in those areas, whilst keeping his workrate etc he'd get into better scoring positions 

This proves I wasn't imagining us playing 2-7-1 most of the 2nd half then. Also that graphic of 1-36-63 time spent in areas correlates with this formation as well.

Nice. 

5 hours ago, Mark_w said:

Well done Toon fans & Leicester City.

Have to say great support from their fans. Not many of them left early.They got done for five and even though it should have been 8, they didn't turn on Bruce, only Ashley. And  Lascelles, a captains roll getting Hayden off the pitch to avoid any issues with him. He also had the balls to go over to their fans after final whistle not head down the tunnel. 

As for City?  Yes Geordies were poor but you still have to beat what's in front of you. Last year that would have been 1-0.

Good professional job done, even without our "star player". 

Scousers and ManCity-- "We're coming for you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

On the back of this post, i felt compelled to send the following text to a client who is a liverpool season ticket holder.

"Genuine question. How do you feel about playing us next week? Exciting for me. 3rd would be ace but if we can beat you at your place (and i am open to the possibility now) then its time to believe we could be contenders."

"Ps. Fully understand newcastle are dog shit though 🤣"

Damn you hope and optimism and damn you @sishades 🤣🤘

Shits getting real

Only surprise to me after that was how id we needed a penalty shoot out in the cupwhen we put a strongside out an how did they win away at Spurs

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

It was a terrible tackle, right enough. Could've broke his leg. 

There's no intent and he won the ball, on the other hand. 

I can see the argument for yellow without the benefit of a replay. Probably correct in this instance though. 

What does "theres no intent" mean? And what does winning the ball have to do with it?

Whether you intend to or not, he was endangering the safety of the opponent.

You can make a tackle without snapping someones leg, right?

If i win the ball and in the process kick your head off, do you think my winning of the ball somehow justifies what i did?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1