Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Blue ROI

Newcastle H Post Match Thread 5 - 0

2 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

(feint, Tielemans)

Sorry Rumble, you're one the few who won't get offended by this slight OCD...

I've struggled with dyslexia all my life, always thought I stupid at school. Thanks for highlighting my mistakes and making me feel like shit. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

If that's true, then I'm truly sorry.

Nah, I've always been clever as fvck. :) I do however have numerous family members with dyslexia and my grandad always felt foolish as he never learned to read and write properly so I'm not a huge fan of grammar nazis (I used to be one myself but grew out of it at about 20). Not having a go at you, you're one of my favourite posters just a topic I'm touchy about.

If you must know, I'm just a fat handed twat when it comes to typing and make more typos than your average person. Also, you missed that I should really have typed Barnes's instead of Barnes' and I wrote gal instead of goal. Those, along with those you highlighted, were typos more than errors but either way seemed churlish to point out. :) 

Edited by RumbleFox

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Nah, I've always been clever as fvck. :) I do however have numerous family members with dyslexia and my grandad always felt foolish as he never learned to read and write properly so I'm not a huge fan of grammar nazis (I used to be one myself but grew out of it at about 20). Not having a go at you, you're one of my favourite posters just a topic I'm touchy about.

If you must know, I'm just a fat handed twat when it comes to typing and make more typos than your average person. Also, you missed that I should really have typed Barnes's instead of Barnes' and I wrote gal instead of goal. Those, along with those your highlighted were typos more than errors but either way seemed churlish to point out. :) 

It was churlish, admittedly so.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Facecloth said:

Tbf you say it here, with no mention of leadership, and that post isn't quoting anything so I had no idea about the previous post :D

Ahh gotcha. So you saw the original comment but not the subsequent explanation of why I made that statement. Which to be fair, without the context of taking him on for his leadership skills, it is an odd choice. 

7 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

Just re-watched the match and noticed a couple of things (not the obvious ones, ie Vardy, Ndidi, Evans being immense)........

Barnes and Chilwell seem to be working much better together and both seemed to have gained a little composure in the final third.  Barnes' ball to Vardy for his first goal was a thing of beauty, in fact the goal in general was.  Praet's faint before launching a vintage Drinkwater style ball forwards was sublime and Vardy's finish clinical.  In general Praet looked very good, you can see his quality.  He actually looked like the player I was always hoping Silva would be.  Let's hope he continues is this vein.

Another shout out to Soyuncu, not only is he a grade A character but he's such a great player.  So composed on the ball and one of the strongest players I have ever seen.  If he was your mate he'd be that one that you loved but were also sh1t scared of.

Ricardo again proved he is world class and I wouldn't swap him for anyone.

Tieleman's slowly getting back to the level he was last year.

Albrighton showing he is and always will be a Leicester legend.  If he is happy to be a squad player I hope he retires with us.  He is good enough to start or he is an amazing impact sub.  I like having genuine options off the bench.  Gray too ran his socks of when he came on.  He has gotten a lot of stick over the years for his attitude but to me he always seems to put in  a shift.  He may never reach the levels we expected but he has definitely been harshly treated by a number of our fans.

I thought Perez had his best game and watching the game again I noticed that he was involved in most of our attacking play.  He assisted the first gal but was a constant menace and you can see his technical ability.  I think once he scores he'll go on a run (his Newcastle history also suggest this).  I think he'll become an important player for us.

Rodgers has us playing "system football" which is the product of him having the whole team for a preaseason over the summer without having to go touring around the world and the result of being an exceptional coach. This upturn in form is not the result of signing a new player like Kante who causes a revolution in the way we play. These are the same players with one or two squad additions and in fact you could argue that Perez in terms of output has been one of the worst players for us so far. (So "bad" we are third in the table and smashed his old team 5-0 by the way). For all of those who were moaning about Puel holding us back, you have well and truly been vindicated, and I say that as someone who got behind the previous manager as much as possible. The proof is in the pudding!

Under Puel we controlled games with lots of possesion but it was sideways and backwards. Our fullbacks pushed on and did a good job getting to the byline to cross to... Jamie Vardy who was released as a teenager because he wasn't considered physical enough to be a top striker. If you want a throwback to how we used to play, look at Man United right now because they play in exactly the same way:

- Double pivot to control the game, but ends up slowing all attacks down.

- Fullbacks push on and wide forwards cut in for a shot.

- Put in plenty of crosses to a striker not well suited for that type of play.

- Slow, pedantic pace means the opponents have time to get into a low block and deal with attacks quite comfortably.

With Rodgers, do you notice that we score the same type of goal over and over again? Someone wins the ball high up the pitch through systematic team pressing and compacting the play, followed by quick passing and quick low crosses or passes across the box around the 6 yard line. It's almost like it was planned! Features of our play now are:

- High press

- Mobile attacking midfielders. Look how far forwards Tielemans or Maddison get, they often are further forward than Vardy!

- Players drift between the lines.

- Fullbacks push on much more and are expected to even get into the box in the case of Ricardo. (Technically we play a bit lopsided because of this, but same point).

- Quick vertical (IE up the pitch) passing that is kept on the ground. No messing about.

- If we lose the ball on an attack we press it back to win it back and recycle the ball

- Look to put a dangerous pass into Vardy on a player joining the attack late in the box.

We are similar but slightly different to Liverpool. They are much better, but as the league table shows, we aren't too bad at all.

This is all because of fabulous coaching. That's what makes it so incredible really! Brendan is proving he is one of the best, maybe even elite level.

On and whi;st Rodgers has always been thought of as being poor in the transfer market, as a club we are one of the best at that. Yes we've had misses too, but Soyuncu was planned magnificently, Maddison a steal, Ricardo right now the best Right Back in Europe, Praet fits like a glove already. Even Perez can clearly play the system even if he's not set the world on fire. And this is not even dipping into the history books to look at the team that cost 25m and won the league.

The next 3-5 years as a Leicester fan are going to be incredible. All of these players are going to get better!

• Like 4

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Rodgers has us playing "system football" which is the product of him having the whole team for a preaseason over the summer without having to go touring around the world and the result of being an exceptional coach. This upturn in form is not the result of signing a new player like Kante who causes a revolution in the way we play. These are the same players with one or two squad additions and in fact you could argue that Perez in terms of output has been one of the worst players for us so far. (So "bad" we are third in the table and smashed his old team 5-0 by the way). For all of those who were moaning about Puel holding us back, you have well and truly been vindicated, and I say that as someone who got behind the previous manager as much as possible. The proof is in the pudding!

Under Puel we controlled games with lots of possesion but it was sideways and backwards. Our fullbacks pushed on and did a good job getting to the byline to cross to... Jamie Vardy who was released as a teenager because he wasn't considered physical enough to be a top striker. If you want a throwback to how we used to play, look at Man United right now because they play in exactly the same way:

- Double pivot to control the game, but ends up slowing all attacks down.

- Fullbacks push on and wide forwards cut in for a shot.

- Put in plenty of crosses to a striker not well suited for that type of play.

- Slow, pedantic pace means the opponents have time to get into a low block and deal with attacks quite comfortably.

With Rodgers, do you notice that we score the same type of goal over and over again? Someone wins the ball high up the pitch through systematic team pressing and compacting the play, followed by quick passing and quick low crosses or passes across the box around the 6 yard line. It's almost like it was planned! Features of our play now are:

- High press

- Mobile attacking midfielders. Look how far forwards Tielemans or Maddison get, they often are further forward than Vardy!

- Players drift between the lines.

- Fullbacks push on much more and are expected to even get into the box in the case of Ricardo. (Technically we play a bit lopsided because of this, but same point).

- Quick vertical (IE up the pitch) passing that is kept on the ground. No messing about.

- If we lose the ball on an attack we press it back to win it back and recycle the ball

- Look to put a dangerous pass into Vardy on a player joining the attack late in the box.

We are similar but slightly different to Liverpool. They are much better, but as the league table shows, we aren't too bad at all.

This is all because of fabulous coaching. That's what makes it so incredible really! Brendan is proving he is one of the best, maybe even elite level.

On and whi;st Rodgers has always been thought of as being poor in the transfer market, as a club we are one of the best at that. Yes we've had misses too, but Soyuncu was planned magnificently, Maddison a steal, Ricardo right now the best Right Back in Europe, Praet fits like a glove already. Even Perez can clearly play the system even if he's not set the world on fire. And this is not even dipping into the history books to look at the team that cost 25m and won the league.

The next 3-5 years as a Leicester fan are going to be incredible. All of these players are going to get better!

Excellent post. ALL points spot on. Well said, Sir!!

• Thanks 1

On 30/09/2019 at 07:45, urban.spaceman said:

:dunno:

I would have thought this was well and truly a settled matter when Steve Bruce himself said it was a straight red. “No complaints” were his exact words (albeit with an obligatory “back in my day” thrown in). 

Edited by Deeg67

12 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

I would have thought this was well and truly a settled matter when Steve Bruce himself said it was a straight red. “No complaints” were his exact words (albeit with an obligatory “back in my day”) thrown in). 

Tbf it was different then and has only fairly recently been changed ...   for the better I might add ...   when I played I saw some badly broken legs that had others puking on the pitch ...   and yes, they got the ball first !     That tackle was about as red a card as a red card could be ...   and reminded me (as it did Bruce) of the bad old days ...   

18 hours ago, SuperMike said:

Excellent post. ALL points spot on. Well said, Sir!!

@StriderHiryu is such a consistently excellent, anodyne poster, he’s already the crutch us non-tactics junkies lean on.  Which all seems ace ... but TBH could get so monotonous.

Stir some shit, Strider.  Let’s see the dark side    joker.JPG.f36206ca2c9fbec394ff3bc08694d03f.JPG

• Haha 2