Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

refs at anfield

1 minute ago, stix said:

That’s never a pen down the other end. 

But why Kev didn’t just put his boot through the ball I don’t know. 

Ref was shocking throughout, pussied out of not blowing so many times. Nobody is going to Anfield this season and coming away with anything at this rate. 

They are 44 games unbeaten now in the premier league at Anfield 

The problem is the clear and obvious error rule. I don't understand why it isn't used as it is in rugby where the 4th officials are able to assist the on pitch ref, the ref can ask them to check on something as the game carries on and bring the game back if the 4th official sees foul and similarly the 4th official can say to the on pitch ref you need to stop it and look at this. A collaborative approach to refereeing has to be the way forward.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

They are 44 games unbeaten now in the premier league at Anfield 

And you can clearly see why. We deserved that point. It was clear today that the person on VAR went with the refs decision, that Mane dive reminded me of Vardys dive against West Ham. 

You don't give a penalty for the winner in the last 30seconds of a game unless it was blatantly obvious or you bottle it. I don't like buying into this corrupt ref conspiracy bullshit but he really looked like he wanted to give everything he possibly could to Liverpool today. Same as the Man U game. 

Edited by bfox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, That_Dude said:

It was a dive but we put ourselves in a bad situation. It's Anfield, huge pressure on the ref who's more likely to give a pen than not. Albrighton should've put the ball out. End of.

It's like those people who buy nice cars and stuff, they moan when something get stolen. Their fault innit.

4 minutes ago, bfox said:

You don't give a penalty for the winner in the last 30seconds of a game unless it was blatantly not obvious or you bottle it. I don't like buying into this corrupt ref conspiracy bullshit but he really looked like he wanted to give everything he possibly could to Liverpool today. Same as the Man U game. 

Not that I believe the collusion either and maybe I’m interpreting it wrong but in Klopp’s interview afterwards he says he knew a penalty would probably happen 

Quote taken from BBC sport 

"It was a super game. We upped the tempo. The football we played was so important. Leicester's goal really stopped us but then we wanted to go forwards.

The penalty was obviously a penalty. We knew it would probably happen“ 

9 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

It's like those people who buy nice cars and stuff, they moan when something get stolen. Their fault innit.

Well yeah, especially when you park it a place where you know it's likely to be stolen and the police won't react. Your fault innit.

11 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

No it's not.

Course it is.

Now aside from the tongue in cheek comments, take your blue tinted specs off and have an honest look at the situation. We were the robbers and about to shithouse a draw we didn't really deserve. If the situation was reversed, if we were on the receiving end and the penalty was not awarded, you'd be absolutely fuming. It was a manager gamble that didn't pay off. Not the first time, not the last. We move on.

Edited by That_Dude

15 hours ago, That_Dude said:

Course it is.

Now aside from the tongue in cheek comments, take your blue tinted specs off and have an honest look at the situation. We were the robbers and about to shithouse a draw we didn't really deserve. If the situation was reversed, if we were on the receiving end and the penalty was not awarded, you'd be absolutely fuming. It was a manager gamble that didn't pay off. Not the first time, not the last. We move on.

I wouldn’t count Liverpool’s failure to score as shithousing. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I wouldn’t count Liverpool’s failure to score as shithousing. 

Come on, we had 2 shots yesterday, one on target which actually was our goal. They've been the better team. I'd have been delighted with a point but you really can't complain about the final score.

19 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

Come on, we had 2 shots yesterday, one on target which actually was our goal. They've been the better team. I'd have been delighted with a point but you really can't complain about the final score.

They were better and I’d have pleased with a point.

But their failure to score a second and third would have mean a point was fair. 

The two shots is a weak way of illustrating performance - as Vardy had a superb chance but didn’t get a shot off and equally there were incidents where a poor ref decision stopped counter attacks. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

I preferred the way it was done in the world cups, refs going and watching the VAR on a pitchside TV to confirm their decisions. The way it's done now for Pens is basically "ref's call" unless you have a situation where there's no contact at all or someone getting smashed off the ball and it not seen. We aren't getting "fairness" or "consistency".

Hello
I'm a Liverpool fan, I remember last winter's match ended in a draw. keita was faulted in the box of 16 and nothing was awarded. there were cramps directly on the ankle but the referee probably did not see. I know how you feel. Everton received penalties at our home for less. there were 4 points that cost enormously. arbitration in compensation does not seem ok but I think the ref do that.

Edited by dr10

22 hours ago, don_danbury said:

i remember the 2 -2 some years back. laughable performance from the ref in that game

The phantom penalty when it clearly hit Morgan in the face and the other goal was a penalty for handball too, smashed at Danny Simpson from a yard, i remember googling the referee Mike Jones that day only to find he was from Chester, that don't seem right to me at the time.

1 hour ago, dr10 said:

Hello
I'm a Liverpool fan, I remember last winter's match ended in a draw. keita was faulted in the box of 16 and nothing was awarded. there were cramps directly on the ankle but the referee probably did not see. I know how you feel. Everton received penalties at our home for less. there were 4 points that cost enormously. arbitration in compensation does not seem ok but I think the ref do that.

Are you American? 

• Haha 1

Not the first to mention the encroachment. Wonder what would have happened if Kasper had saved the pen and Lallana slotted in the rebound? Anyone want to give me odds that the "goal" would have been chalked off for encroachment?

Not a conspiracy theorist but once again I would take pretty short odds that if the pen had been saved ref would have been all over whether or not Kasper moved before it was taken just to give them another go. (VAR is not currently used to check this like it was in the women's world cup)

46 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Not the first to mention the encroachment. Wonder what would have happened if Kasper had saved the pen and Lallana slotted in the rebound? Anyone want to give me odds that the "goal" would have been chalked off for encroachment?

Not a conspiracy theorist but once again I would take pretty short odds that if the pen had been saved ref would have been all over whether or not Kasper moved before it was taken just to give them another go. (VAR is not currently used to check this like it was in the women's world cup)

If lallana had followed in and scored a rebound then VAR would have checked whether he had committed an infringement just as it checks all goals 

I presume that we would have then received a free kick for his encroachment 

pretty spurious anyway when Milner takes them ..... 

29 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

If lallana had followed in and scored a rebound then VAR would have checked whether he had committed an infringement just as it checks all goals 

I presume that we would have then received a free kick for his encroachment 

pretty spurious anyway when Milner takes them ..... 

Yeah. One or two comparing Mane with Vardy Vs West Ham in the championship season. Actually more parallels with Ulloa in that game. Dodgy last minute pen when Schlupp goes down under an innocuous challenge. Leonardo steps up, massive pressure and does the business. Credit to Milner his record from the spot is pretty good and he held his nerve to put it away.

Refs are so biased at all the big grounds, especially Anfield and Old Trafford. Players need to be more wise and not get as close. We went to Old Trafford and put ourselves in a stupid position within the first 10 mins.