Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
twister

refs at anfield

Just now, lifted*fox said:

albrighton should have done better with that and I can see why the ref would give that based on seeing it from his position in real time BUT; you're still giving that after a slow-motion VAR check? get fvcked lol. 

There was enough in it to give a foul I think, certainly enough that it's not a "clear and obvious error" (or whatever the term is).

1 minute ago, lifted*fox said:

albrighton should have done better with that and I can see why the ref would give that based on seeing it from his position in real time BUT; you're still giving that after a slow-motion VAR check? get fvcked lol. 

I think the problem lies in the interpretation of "clear and obvious error".  We've all been dumb thinking it meant if the decision is clearly and obviously a bad call then it will be overturned, but I think the big brain society at VAR are asking themselves if the decision was clearly and obviously a bad call from the point of view of the referee at the time.  After all, if they can see why he called it then how can the mistake be clear and obvious?  That would explain all the upheld decisions this season.

11 minutes ago, sdb said:

The Perez high foot was a killer. Flicks it over VD who's late and crouching, we're like 4 on 2 and the ref absolutely bricks it and blows up  

This decision infuriated me. Was 1-1 at that point as well!

3 minutes ago, lifted*fox said:

there really wasn't.

anyone watching the slow-motion VAR replay can see he throws himself to the ground after minor contact that wouldn't naturally cause you to throw yourself on the floor screaming and rolling about 

it's simulation, it's a dive. 

Exactly this. If VAR can’t see it’s a dive (simulation) then we may as well not bother with it.

• Like 1

2nd half ref was abysmal. Bowed to the pressure being put on him by the supporters. Was always going to give the penalty in that situation. 

The Perez "high foot" stopping a 3 on 1, missing the blatant push by Salah on Soyuncu, and that one where N'Didi clearly won the ball off VVD who was breaking forward were all ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

It was a dive but we put ourselves in a bad situation. It's Anfield, huge pressure on the ref who's more likely to give a pen than not. Albrighton should've put the ball out. End of.

But why? Its this that i find unfair and why the words 'big club biased' is often mentioned. 

I know the ruling is 'clear and obvious' and i get that them be the rules, but surely if VAR was implemented to make it a fairer game then the 3 guys in their man cave could over-rule that decision if they had a better view and could see stuff the ref couldnt... Maybe VAR isnt the problem and the rules are? 

I dunno but im proper disappointed and delusional right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

It was a dive but we put ourselves in a bad situation. It's Anfield, huge pressure on the ref who's more likely to give a pen than not. Albrighton should've put the ball out. End of.

we did and marc should have got rid, but I thought the whole point of VAR was to help out referees in exactly these kinds of situations? 

Just now, Filbert_Ross said:

Pen for me. Don’t know why he didn’t just clear it in the first place. 🤷🏻‍♂️

how is it a pen? if you were walking down the high street and someone clipped the back of your ankle would you go to floor like that, rolling about and screaming? 

people say 'well, it's your right as an attacker to go down' - how is it? we've got video evidence now to show if a clip was enough to send you down, and if it isn't - it's a dive.

that's a dive. all day long. 

• Like 1