Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Marc Albrighton apology

13 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

I've said the same in other posts. But it's the FA and referees who have brought about cheating and diving because they will not (or very very rarely) give a penalty if a players doesn't go over. Therefore they have encouraged players to dive otherwise there's little, or no chance, of a penalty.

I'm also certain that managers give instructions for players to dive, for the very same reason. It's worth the risk of a yellow card to get a penalty which wont be given if they don't fall.

As for VAR, the sooner it's binned the better. It's a disgrace and all it's doing is stirring up more contentious decisions than we had before. It's already been reported that it's as much as 13-14 cms out on offside decisions, it's not overruling poor referee decisions, it's making referees worse, not better, it's hindering, not helping, the game, and it's spoiling the continuity of the game.

As for Marc. He's an experienced P/L winner and a senior player. He should have known better. He's done it before a few times and should have learnt. 

But it's still a class move from him to go over to the fans to apologize rather than many who would get off the pitch as quickly as possible. 

If there’s not enough force to bring them down, without them diving to the ground, is it a penalty?

16 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If there’s not enough force to bring them down, without them diving to the ground, is it a penalty?

A team should get a penalty for a foul in the penalty whatever their body position, but diving, or falling, after a foul is just about the only way they will get a penalty. VAR is pointless because it's another human decision and they rarely go against a referee unless there is absolutely no contact whatsoever.

I want to ask VAR officials why Marc Albrighton's tackle was a penalty, but Danny Rose's tackle in the Bayern match, where he scythed the strikers legs away without winning the ball in a two footed challenge, wasn't a penalty. There is no consistency whatsoever.

The last time I can remember a referee give a penalty without a dive was Mike Dean (wonderful referee :ph34r:) giving one against us for shirt pulling, but even then I think the opposition striker went over.

On 05/10/2019 at 18:19, MPH said:

People need to stop blaming Manè for this... We all know that Vardy has done the exact same thing  on numerous occasions and has received plaudits for making the most of the contact.

We all know we would have  been cheering Vardy if it was him.

So true. Mane made the most of it but Albrighton gave him reason to. And yes Vardy is notorious when it comes to diving etc so fans shouldn't be too hypocritical.

48 minutes ago, Show me the Mane said:

So true. Mane made the most of it but Albrighton gave him reason to. And yes Vardy is notorious when it comes to diving etc so fans shouldn't be too hypocritical.

Vardy, for all his faults, has never come close to the utter comedy effort that Mane put in on Saturday. 

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Vardy, for all his faults, has never come close to the utter comedy effort that Mane put in on Saturday. 

you forgetting the dive that got him sent off against westham 2-3 years ago?  second yellow i think it was... i’ll try find it on youtube.

EDIT: found it

Edited by MPH

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Of course I remember it, but it doesn't bear comparison in my opinion. 

lol im sorry i can’t take you seriously!!!  there wasn’t even any contact. he pushed himself into the defender then went for a dive of olympic proportions 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol im sorry i can’t take you seriously!!!  there wasn’t even any contact. he pushed himself into the defender then went for a dive of olympic proportions 

and got sent off? 

every team has players who dive and every fan would rather they didn't. but what would be best is that when someone dives they get sent off, like vardy. not get given a penalty, then we all watch it on VAR and go oh shit, we can't make a mug of the ref, let's just say he's right it'll be easier. 

4 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

and got sent off? 

every team has players who dive and every fan would rather they didn't. but what would be best is that when someone dives they get sent off, like vardy. not get given a penalty, then we all watch it on VAR and go oh shit, we can't make a mug of the ref, let's just say he's right it'll be easier. 

you are missing the point ... he was saying vardy had never done anything similar and i was proving him wrong that’s all.

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

you are missing the point ... he was saying vardy had never done anything similar and i was proving him wrong that’s all.

9 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

No, I didn't say that. It would help if you read more carefully. 

“Vardy, for all his faults, has never come close to the utter comedy effort that Mane put in on Saturday. “

thats exactly what you said you nutter lol

• Haha 1

Just me that thought Kasper was a big part in all this? He’s came out to claim the ball and in the end didn’t, which has made Albrighton hesitate and put him off stride. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MPH said:

you forgetting the dive that got him sent off against westham 2-3 years ago?  second yellow i think it was... i’ll try find it on youtube.

EDIT: found it

That wasn’t a dive though? There’s more contact there than most penalties given. 

• Like 1

Guest Cujek

they are all at it and will be whilst the referring standard is so appalling.

if we arent gonna use VAR to stop crap like this diving stuff, then we need to just get rid of it,

Appreciated the hands up from him. Disappointingly not that many came over to fans. From memory it was only him, Kasper and Tielemans.

Ok it had just booted off but sort of felt it was only half arsed clap from the players. Was not like they were going to take any heat from the support.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Appreciated the hands up from him. Disappointingly not that many came over to fans. From memory it was only him, Kasper and Tielemans.

Ok it had just booted off but sort of felt it was only half arsed clap from the players. Was not like they were going to take any heat from the support.

Most of them were caught up at the other end of the field to be fair.

Can you imagine if players went down like this in sunday league? Must be so infuriating as a defender knowing that literally any contact and the players going down.

I think people are being a bit petty going in on Mane here, there's not an attacker in the premier league that wouldnt be heading for the deck there. Foul or not, the games pretty much no contact these days