Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Marc Albrighton apology

Without having been on the pitch to hear any miscommunication between Albrighton and Kasper, I can't say who is more to blame. I hope Albrighton gets a start next game though, he otherwise played well, and I'd trust him to 'apologize' more with a solid performance that he is always capable of.

As for the penalty. It looks soft, but soft is still a penalty. Yes, Mane dived, but it can be both a foul and a dive to make the ref make the deicison.

• Like 1

It was a poor first touch to push the ball into the area. It’s happened, let’s just do them at the King Power.

Minimal contact on Mané, however their is contact. He’s gone down like he’s been shot. You can see why people do it. The laws of the game state that contact in the box is a foul (penalty). He’s gone down like he’s shot and it’s not the first time Liverpool players have done this. It’s no less cheating than the cyclical foul by Choudhury. It’s using the rules to your advantage at a given time.

B76080E9-1780-4E98-B146-FF803F174942.jpeg

5 hours ago, Sly said:

It was a poor first touch to push the ball into the area. It’s happened, let’s just do them at the King Power.

Minimal contact on Mané, however their is contact. He’s gone down like he’s been shot. You can see why people do it. The laws of the game state that contact in the box is a foul (penalty). He’s gone down like he’s shot and it’s not the first time Liverpool players have done this. It’s no less cheating than the cyclical foul by Choudhury. It’s using the rules to your advantage at a given time.

B76080E9-1780-4E98-B146-FF803F174942.jpeg

If that was Vardy and John Moss we all know that would be a yellow for simulation. It's Liverpool at Anfield in injury time and those kind of things just don't happen.

If we're playing no contact in the area then we need to play no contact full stop, penalties galore, each game averages over 6 goals and the American audience totally falls in love with soccer.

As for VAR, it's only being used for offside so there's absolutely no point for a fourth official we just need an expensive  computer programme to draw some lines on the pitch and instantly send a goal or no goal signal. There's been nearly 80 premier league games this season and apart from offside what else has been picked up? The standard of Premier League refereeing must be exemplary ;)

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, marbleman said:

When Vardy goes down it's because he's running at 80 miles an hour, this cheating git was just looking for a penalty. Marc Albrighton did nowt wrong....VAR is supposed to stop cheating not encourage it.

I love the bloke but to say he did nothing wrong is not quite accurate. He should have not taken the ball from Kasper like that, or he should have just hacked it away, injury time and that is simply not what you do. Then he should not have made any contact like that with Mane, as soon as Mane felt any touch he was going down, why give the ref something to think about so late on when clearly he is wearing a red shirt under the black one. Anyway we put it down to a brain fart and move on

Edited by hejammy
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hejammy said:

I love the bloke but to say he did nothing wrong is not quite accurate. He should have not taken the ball from Kasper like that, or he should have just hacked it away, injury time and that is simply not what you do. Then he should not have made any contact like that with Mane, as soon as Mane felt any touch he was going down, why give the ref something to think about so late on when clearly he is wearing a red shirt under the black one. Anyway we put it down to a brain fart and move on

i agree,i was referring to the actual contact.it's a contact sport,

Ok Marc, I love you and everything, but if you really want to make it better how about dropping off some potent spirits and class A narcotics at my place later on?

That way I can pleasantly numb my senses for a day or two and forget about the pain that is currently ruining my Sunday.

Words just don't seem to do it, mate..,

When he was looking up to the sky as it was being checked his expression of disbelief was hard to watch. Leaves his heart and soul on the pitch whenever he plays and our club is all the better for having him. Barely losing away at the European champions and probably the best team in the league is neither embarrassing nor is it something we should lose belief over - we almost took a point. Moreover, players like Albrighton who genuinely seem to care about the club as much as its most loyal fans are hard to come by and deserve our full support. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, hejammy said:

.. he actually left it believing Kasper was coming to claim it. Kasper did not follow through then Albrighton tried to win it as it was in playing distance. Mane went down as an after thought. 

Pointless having VAR as this type of chicanery would have been something that would be highlighted with the view of punishing the offender. 

Yes he gave the ref a decision to make but with the aid of VAR he still got it wrong. 

There are plenty of contact in the box where the player does not go down and it is accepted as fair contest. We either get rid of VAR or we reset it values!! 

17 hours ago, MPH said:

People need to stop blaming Manè for this... We all know that Vardy has done the exact same thing  on numerous occasions and has received plaudits for making the most of the contact.

We all know we would have  been cheering Vardy if it was him.

Yeah and opposing fans would be slagging vardy off.

Thats the game and we dont need lecturing for human reaction.

1 hour ago, Royston. said:

Yeah and opposing fans would be slagging vardy off.

Thats the game and we dont need lecturing for human reaction.

lol 

its a discussion forum, people share their opinion and i’ll share mine.

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

On 06/10/2019 at 00:24, Suzie the Fox said:

When it happened i was mad and angry (using that word alot since 4.45) but it was the heat of the moment and initially he stood off not wanting to make the challenge. Doesnt need to apologise for that Liverpool player DIVING and the bottler of a ref giving a peno.

Yes maybe he should have been a bit more careful, but what was his choice at that point... Not tackle and give him free range on goal? 

I hate cheating and fake dives (even if we did it) and wish there was something in the rules/VAR/game that could put a stop to it. 

I've said the same in other posts. But it's the FA and referees who have brought about cheating and diving because they will not (or very very rarely) give a penalty if a players doesn't go over. Therefore they have encouraged players to dive otherwise there's little, or no chance, of a penalty.

I'm also certain that managers give instructions for players to dive, for the very same reason. It's worth the risk of a yellow card to get a penalty which wont be given if they don't fall.

As for VAR, the sooner it's binned the better. It's a disgrace and all it's doing is stirring up more contentious decisions than we had before. It's already been reported that it's as much as 13-14 cms out on offside decisions, it's not overruling poor referee decisions, it's making referees worse, not better, it's hindering, not helping, the game, and it's spoiling the continuity of the game.

As for Marc. He's an experienced P/L winner and a senior player. He should have known better. He's done it before a few times and should have learnt. 

But it's still a class move from him to go over to the fans to apologize rather than many who would get off the pitch as quickly as possible. 

On 06/10/2019 at 00:10, pedigreefox said:

****s sake... no good apologising.  Should never be playing, can't run... can't tackle.... 15/16 has gone. One good cross now and again is not enough, wake up!!

I love supportive posts like this.........

Makes me feel so proud to be a foxes fan.............:ph34r: