Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The whole world smiles

Marc Albrighton apology

2 hours ago, MPH said:

you forgetting the dive that got him sent off against westham 2-3 years ago?  second yellow i think it was... i’ll try find it on youtube.

EDIT: found it

Vardy made the most of that for certain but twice we have been (Red)carded for diving at home. N'Didi v Palace in December 2017 was another IIRC.

How many times has it happened to Arsenal, Liverpool,Spurs, or Man Utd.

There's a reason clubs like us can feel aggrieved at the lack of consistency in all of this.

14 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Can you imagine if players went down like this in sunday league? Must be so infuriating as a defender knowing that literally any contact and the players going down.

I think people are being a bit petty going in on Mane here, there's not an attacker in the premier league that wouldnt be heading for the deck there. Foul or not, the games pretty much no contact these days

Agree that it is not Marne that we should be angry with but the officials. As many have said, most attackers would go down in similar circumstances (last minute, massive home crowd, ref already shown that he is being swayed, contact felt). The refs, and VAR in particular should be able to sort out what is a genuine foul (and that should not mean any slight contact, but a genuine foul that impedes or prevents the player from playing, or keeping the ball under control). Mane has taken a chance and it has paid off. Had VAR decided that he has been guilty of simulation, then he would have been hauled before the FA and given an automatic ban as the ref has given it and therefore been deliberately deceived by simulation.

We tend to be very polarised by these things and it always has to be a pen or a dive. There are plenty of instances where no genuine foul has been committed and neither has the player dived (although in this case Mane has gone to ground rather dramatically to ensure that the ref has to make a decision) yet it is vary rare that this seems to be recognised. I have no problem with two players going full tilt into a committed challenge, full contact but the outcome is a goal kick /corner etc. Refs seemed to be being pressurised into making a decision one way or the other these days when it is not always necessary.

7 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People need to stop taking decisions so personally, you'd think we were a David icke forum with the amount of conspiracy bollocks that gets spouted on here 

What? Really? Our fans talking bo**ocks? 

I can't believe that for one second! :whistle:

Guest Eamonn
On 05/10/2019 at 18:10, pedigreefox said:

****s sake... no good apologising.  Should never be playing, can't run... can't tackle.... 15/16 has gone. One good cross now and again is not enough, wake up!!

I'd pick him every week.  He reads the game well, is the best crosser at the club and is a better combination with Ricardo or Chilwell than our other options.

Obviously Mane was looking for any contact, or he wouldn't have exaggerated it by diving which brings it to the attention of the ref and then Mane knows it will be scrutinised by VAR which will not take into account the theatricals which the ref has bought. What this does though is open the door for a player to go down from any touch in the penalty box knowing that he'll probably get it because VAR will only look for contact. It really is cheating, and almost playing on the emotion of the ref and the accuracy of VAR.

12 minutes ago, Bert said:

His leg was sandwiched in between his legs you mean. 

no i mean he was the one who moved into the player to initiate the contact to draw the supposed ‘ foul’ and then dived in a way that was totally disproportionate to the contact. But like Manè

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

Vardy made the most of that for certain but twice we have been (Red)carded for diving at home. N'Didi v Palace in December 2017 was another IIRC.

There's a reason clubs like us can feel aggrieved at the lack of consistency in all of this.

Add Maddison at brighton too

53 minutes ago, MPH said:

no i mean he was the one who moved into the player to initiate the contact to draw the supposed ‘ foul’ and then dived in a way that was totally disproportionate to the contact. But like Manè

Watch it again. Watch the defender's left hand pull at Vardy's shoulder. Then watch the defenders left thigh shove into him. Notice how both actions end up slightly twisting Vardy round, which then results in that defenders leg ends up between Vardy's. Then remember Vardy's going at not far off full tilt.

Then watch none of these happening last Saturday.

Then congratulate yourself on your avatar being so smashingly apposite.

Edited by turtmcfly

49 minutes ago, MPH said:

Lol

He’s done really well to dive there with his leg trapped. 

236F3862-48AC-4204-8986-FEC3C347F07E.jpeg

4 hours ago, Blue ROI said:

This totally 👍

The other thing is the theatrics Mane used. 

Vardy has gone over many times, but he's pretty much always just got straight up. 

Harry Kane after the Evans challenge was a superb example of just getting on with the game after a proper tackle (although he might have reacted differently in the penalty area) 

Although superb footballers, Salah and Mane are disgraceful cheats. 

They'll win the title though, so that'll be all that matters to the club. 

On 05/10/2019 at 18:10, pedigreefox said:

****s sake... no good apologising.  Should never be playing, can't run... can't tackle.... 15/16 has gone. One good cross now and again is not enough, wake up!!

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I have read. I can only assume that you have never played football or gone to many City matches in the last few years. Albrighton has been one of our most consistent players who always gives100%. Yes it would have been better if he had booted it into the stands but at least he got back to take the ball off Origi. Kasper was as much to blame for not claimed no the loose ball.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Lol

He’s done really well to dive there with his leg trapped. 

236F3862-48AC-4204-8986-FEC3C347F07E.jpeg

lol oh Burt come on, you’re better than this. you can take a freeze frame photo from a video and come up with a really biased outcome like this. watch this video from about 30 seconds onwards. Vardy CLEARLY moves into the path of the defender and away from the ball and then proceeds with a farcical dive. 

Edited by MPH

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

lol oh Burt come on, you’re better than this. you can take a freeze frame photo from a video and come up with a really biased outcome like this. watch this video from about 30 seconds onwards. Vardy CLEARLY moves into the path of the defender and away from the ball and then proceeds with a farcical dive. 

He moves in front of him because that’s the way the ball is going lol then as a striker you sometimes have to move your body to create an angle to shoot. 

Also it’s Bert not Burt it’s right there in the post you quoted. 

26 minutes ago, Vulpine Victor said:

This is one of the most ridiculous comments I have read. I can only assume that you have never played football or gone to many City matches in the last few years. Albrighton has been one of our most consistent players who always gives100%. Yes it would have been better if he had booted it into the stands but at least he got back to take the ball off Origi. Kasper was as much to blame for not claimed no the loose ball.

Albrighton is a good squad player, always gives his best, but it was all to do with him at anfield, I wish he didn’t take the ball of Origi, we would have got a point. Also wish when he did get the ball he didn’t knock it so far ahead of himself, also wish he never then dribbled it out of Schmeichel’s reach and didn’t give it to Mane. Also wish he just kicked it in to row z, but unfortunately he didn’t and we lost the game. Shit happens